News Puma - North's new apparel partner

Remove this Banner Ad

This has grown on me a little since seeing the photo of it on Buckets. It's never going to be as good as the bounding Roo obviously, but gee I prefer it to pinstripes.

I rekn it'll look alright on match day.

The home looked good before officially announced - Looks absolutely elite on the players.

This has grown on me a little since seeing the photo of it on Buckets. It's never going to be as good as the bounding Roo obviously, but gee I prefer it to pinstripes.

The home looked good before officially announced - Looks absolutely elite on the players.
I was referencing a tikok😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

I agree it does look good on the players

OK.

1. I love we have returned to the traditional strip.

2. The cuffs look terrible. Sorry. It looks like they are wearing a white under singlet that is poking through.

3. The Away strip. I mean?! How the fu** can a professional sporting club, marketing and merch departments possibly think this looks good in lieu of the bounding roo? Is this purely a case of Puma just giving us an amended Richmond training jumper as the only option? One of the worst strips in the clubs history, no doubt about it.

5/10.

Seriously, if the bounding roo was a real kangaroo, some of you people would have the RSPCA on your doorstep for cruelty to animals. It was old and tired when it was put out to pasture at the end of 2002. But the constant whining from man babies has seen it resuscitated three times since and forced back into service. Just let the poor thing die. Or take out your Backstreet Boys CD collection if you really need to feed your 90s nostalgia itch.

Seriously, if the bounding roo was a real kangaroo, some of you people would have the RSPCA on your doorstep for cruelty to animals. It was old and tired when it was put out to pasture at the end of 2002. But the constant whining from man babies has seen it resuscitated three times since and forced back into service. Just let the poor thing die. Or take out your Backstreet Boys CD collection if you really need to feed your 90s nostalgia itch.

I couldn't care less if it was the bounding roo, the inverted blue strip, the blue V.

The apologists can defend the club as much as they want, the new clash strip is ******* horrible and one of the worst strips we've ever had. End of.

Bring back NZI insurance imo.

North Puma Resized.png

Had a crack at making new Puma guernseys, purely because that clash kit is woeful.

The only changes to the home are blue collars and cuffs, plus recolouring the Mazda logo. The black on the Mazda logo would be no issue if we still had the black numbers, but now it kinda looks out of place.

Rather than the atrocious white away kit we now have, simply changing the collar, cuffs and shorts from the home is enough to make a contrasting away kit imo.

As for the clash, I know everyone is sick of bounding roo discussion, but it doesn't have to be the exact same as previous, so for this one (literally only needed because of Geelong) I thought just changing it up would be a better option.

Either way, I'm glad the home kit is back to it's proper setup, white with blue stripes and blue shorts is classic North and how it should always be.

The away strip is a stinker. It looks like a training top!! Hopefully, once the supporters raise their concerns with the club in an OFFICIAL capacity, hopefully that is what it will be resigned to.

Why does it 'need' a kangaroo on it? Look at St.Kilda's away strip. Just one stripe going down from each shoulder We could use that template replacing the red and black stripes with blue ones.

Sorted.

I seem to be on my own here. Love the fact we've gone back to the white with blue stripes for the home jumper, and I don't mind the clash jumper. I actually think it looks pretty good. Its a clash jumper after all, something a bit different and will appeal to a lot of younger people.

Well done NMFC and Puma.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The away strip is a stinker. It looks like a training top!! Hopefully, once the supporters raise their concerns with the club in an OFFICIAL capacity, hopefully that is what it will be resigned to.

Why does it 'need' a kangaroo on it? Look at St.Kilda's away strip. Just one stripe going down from each shoulder We could use that template replacing the red and black stripes with blue ones.

Sorted.

I remember talking with the CEO and a board member when that kangaroo shield logo over the white V was introduced in 2007 and pointing out that it was a really messy design but the counterargument was that it was dramatically outselling the stripes jumper in the Rooshop. I won't buy the new clash jumper but a lot of people will and that is all the feedback they will care about.

• Visible abs
  • 20/20 vision
  • A very flexible ex-gymnast 19 year old girlfriend
  • Midweek drinking sessions
  • The ability to consume copious amounts of booze without getting a hangover
  • Bounding Roo jumper
What do the above have in common? I had all of these in the 90s, but none of them are coming back. Move on people.

I remember talking with the CEO and a board member when that kangaroo shield logo over the white V was introduced in 2007 and pointing out that it was a really messy design but the counterargument was that it was dramatically outselling the stripes jumper in the Rooshop. I won't buy the new clash jumper but a lot of people will and that is all the feedback they will care about.

Not changing up the away jumper every year or two wouldn’t be a good decision commercially.

Well i loooove the main one, don't mind the away jumper, its grown on me a little now that im used to it, i don't think it would look too bad on game day, i might even buy one for the warmer days when i can have my guns out and a decent tan

Y’all forgetting that we used to be forced to wear white shorts as a home team with white base traditional jumper.

We changed to blue base so we could wear blue shorts as we should as a home team.

We’ve clearly convinced whoever that the white base blue stripes is blue enough for a home jumper.

For away with white shorts, we must have needed something even whiter so no bounding Roo.

Reckon hands were tied in terms of design and they had to make the best of it.

I like the away top but I probably wouldn’t wear it, I could see it being very popular among the youngsters.

hopefully the polo tops are nice because that’s what I usually wear. Hopefully it looks better than the boring Richmond ones.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back