Mega Thread General MFC Discussion Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The premiership cup tour is announced. I wonder if Danger will try and sneak in to touch the cup or for a photo when it visits Geelong
Will probably try a Shooter McGavin and attempt to run off with it, only to be chased down and beaten by a toothless Jacko.

Jun 14, 2011
Halfway Between the Gutter and the Stars
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MUFC/NYY/LAL/Green Bay Packers/UW
Couple Facebook groups saying Alan Richardson randomly knocked on doors of houses with MFC stuff out the front and asked if they wanted a photo with the (Actual) cup. What a legend.

1636090182438.png

From the official club Facebook page.

Bangkok Knights

Debutant
Jun 22, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
Any news on LJ's new contract? Started negotations mid October apparently.
Heard nothing since. FFS
We cant afford to lose him.
Maybe MFC want to lock him in 5-7 years out from 2022 and theyve hit a snag.
Would have to be a back loaded contract due to his age and cap issues.
Dont know how Melbourne will be able to fit all these young players in .They'll be wanting heavy coin for winning the flag.

pjfairbairn

AFL Premiership Supporter, 2021
Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Heard nothing since. FFS
Dont know how Melbourne will be able to fit all these young players in .They'll be wanting heavy coin for winning the flag.

First thought when you wrote LJ was Liam Jurrah!

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Heard nothing since. FFS

Yes, one month into the preseason it is time to melt that Jackson hasn't signed a new deal.

I'm comfortable with him not being signed till we get to late 2022. No stress if he wants to improve again and push his price tag up.

Club did this with Trac’s contract- apparently was sealed for months before.

It’s free PR when they announce it so they’ll do it for max impact.

Oct 19, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Love reading a random AFL player rating article in my targeted feed and remembering Trac had 39 and 2 goals in a winning GF.

You momentarily forget and then little moments and stats that make you remember and it still feels surreal. Just thinking of each player and when they were drafted/traded in and their ups and downs of their career, imagning their potential and now that they have lived up to it and delivered. It's just so dope. These little moments of reflection are great to savour.

Bangkok Knights

Debutant
Jun 22, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
p
Yes, one month into the preseason it is time to melt that Jackson hasn't signed a new deal.

I'm comfortable with him not being signed till we get to late 2022. No stress if he wants to improve again and push his price tag up.
jesus..dont say that. If Jacko isnt signed up by mid 2022 Carlton will be following him 24/7. Those dogs will be camped outside his house and hiding in trees with a zoom lense. Pathetic rabble of a club running around with a cheque book.

p

jesus..dont say that. If Jacko isnt signed up by mid 2022 Carlton will be following him 24/7. Those dogs will be camped outside his house and hiding in trees with a zoom lense. Pathetic rabble of a club running around with a cheque book.
If he goes, it will be to a WA club. Worth noting he's still over in WA 6 weeks after the game. Why would he move from us to Carlton? There's also literally nothing we can do about it if he does decide he's homesick. We won the flag, he was great, of course other teams will want him. I'm also presuming that holding off the news is PR ala Trac last year, but hey, maybe he hasn't signed or maybe he's thinking about leaving. No need to overthink it. If he goes it would be very sad, but we'll spend the cap space on someone like Ben King who/if wants to come back to Victoria. Again, he's still in WA - doesn't make any sense that he could sign a deal and do all the marketing work from there given the club is riding a high and is under no pressure to make PR gestures.

I have it on good mail that Nathan Jones is playing down at Phillip Is.
We know he loves a surf, the lifestyle. Either that or Pederson is in his ear
Good stuff that, very happy for him. Sounds like the perfect area for him. Hour commute either way, have a surf in the morning before the game. Enjoy it Jonesy :thumbsu:

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Also worth noting due to covid Jackson would have barely seen his family since start of 2020. I am usually cynical about homesickness but in these times I can understand it. If he left we’d be extremely well compensated anyway so I’m not too fussed. It isn’t worth anyone’s time to stress over players leaving these days.

Islanda22

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2014
Australia
AFL Club
Melbourne
Also worth noting due to covid Jackson would have barely seen his family since start of 2020. I am usually cynical about homesickness but in these times I can understand it. If he left we’d be extremely well compensated anyway so I’m not too fussed. It isn’t worth anyone’s time to stress over players leaving these days.

Mail is he has chopped and changed his mind more than enough that the FC has decided to halt all discussions until he is back in Victoria

Not looking good unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back