News Puma - North's new apparel partner

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne must be the only place in the world where wearing a football jumper after the age of 14 is frowned upon.

It’s weird.
Haha this is definitely not the case. At a lot of english football clubs, if you're over about 21 you're expected to look like a variation of this, especially on away days, or you get absolute pelters. I remember listneing to a podcast and they just tore into anyone thats not a kid wearing club colours for a good half hour. If you look like Ty from AFTV, for example, people want your harddrive checked.

1636592737295.png

View attachment 1278081

Had a crack at making new Puma guernseys, purely because that clash kit is woeful.

The only changes to the home are blue collars and cuffs, plus recolouring the Mazda logo. The black on the Mazda logo would be no issue if we still had the black numbers, but now it kinda looks out of place.

Rather than the atrocious white away kit we now have, simply changing the collar, cuffs and shorts from the home is enough to make a contrasting away kit imo.

As for the clash, I know everyone is sick of bounding roo discussion, but it doesn't have to be the exact same as previous, so for this one (literally only needed because of Geelong) I thought just changing it up would be a better option.

Either way, I'm glad the home kit is back to it's proper setup, white with blue stripes and blue shorts is classic North and how it should always be.
They look awsome

Well i loooove the main one, don't mind the away jumper, its grown on me a little now that im used to it, i don't think it would look too bad on game day, i might even buy one for the warmer days when i can have my guns out and a decent tan

My only question would be why they don’t put it on a blue background. Would’ve liked to see how that looks. Spose white is less clashy though

I still don’t like the away strip but largely I think it’s because I’m not a huge wrap for our logo and that’s a big part of the strip

I wonder if 90's bounding Kangaroo is not favoured due to proximity to bopunding cat
View attachment 1278081

Had a crack at making new Puma guernseys, purely because that clash kit is woeful.

The only changes to the home are blue collars and cuffs, plus recolouring the Mazda logo. The black on the Mazda logo would be no issue if we still had the black numbers, but now it kinda looks out of place.

Rather than the atrocious white away kit we now have, simply changing the collar, cuffs and shorts from the home is enough to make a contrasting away kit imo.

As for the clash, I know everyone is sick of bounding roo discussion, but it doesn't have to be the exact same as previous, so for this one (literally only needed because of Geelong) I thought just changing it up would be a better option.

Either way, I'm glad the home kit is back to it's proper setup, white with blue stripes and blue shorts is classic North and how it should always be.
They look awesome. I wonder if bounding Kangaroo was not favoured by design team due to similar-ish nature of bounding Puma cat?

I wonder if 90's bounding Kangaroo is not favoured due to proximity to bopunding cat

They look awesome. I wonder if bounding Kangaroo was not favoured by design team due to similar-ish nature of bounding Puma cat?
Thinking outside the square, I like it. It might have looked like the Puma was trying to kill the roo 😮

Outside of 2019, when was the last time we had the bounding roo? Think it was just a one-off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outside of 2019, when was the last time we had the bounding roo? Think it was just a one-off
1636597481923.png

this was worn in 2016 to commemorate the 20th anniversary of 1996.

1636597548208.png

and this was the indigenous strip in 2017.

So yeah, it's been worn for promotions and one-offs a few times over the last few years, 2019 was the only year where it was regularly the away jumper. I'm fine with that personally, I think maybe it should be a special occasions jumper (maybe the official Friday Night jumper?)

View attachment 1278215

View attachment 1278216

So yeah, it's been worn for promotions and one-offs a few times over the last few years, 2019 was the only year where it was regularly the away jumper. I'm fine with that personally, I think maybe it should be a special occasions jumper (maybe the official Friday Night jumper?)

Such a tuff jumper. F*ck!

View attachment 1278215

View attachment 1278216

As you said, was worn in 2019 as an away jumper.

1636598929599.png

1636599022226.png

Even the V would have been a much better option.

1636599048514.png

I remember talking with the CEO and a board member when that kangaroo shield logo over the white V was introduced in 2007 and pointing out that it was a really messy design but the counterargument was that it was dramatically outselling the stripes jumper in the Rooshop. I won't buy the new clash jumper but a lot of people will and that is all the feedback they will care about.

I just think it's a bit disingenuous for the club to run a 'return to tradition' campaign in association with the jumper, wheeling out our 90s legends, and then sending the boys out in that comical kit just so the already small NM jumper sales markets looks slightly better on the book.

They nailed the home jumper but they could've gone with the V for the clash if they wanted to hammer home the tradition point.

There's nothing stopping them printing those comical clash guernseys and selling them anyway without forcing grown ass men to put them on.

View attachment 1278215

View attachment 1278216

The jumpers are great but those handsome basterds could make anything look good.

We win in Brisbane, Sydney, Adelaide & Perth + 3 games in Melb.wearing the new away strip.

Does perspective change ?

wins change everything.

IMO it is why the bounding roo is so highly praised.

It is peak 90s and peak 90s we were kings.

Re the Home, it's very good but if I'm nitpicking I'd still rate any of our 1999-2007 versions as the best striped ones - Especially the Nike version because the collar and cuffs compliment the rest of the design so well.

b20zhD2.png

Other companies then pretty much kept the design for a few years after

7db656230dc46a3be13d0b8f56886136--kangaroos-champs.jpg

Vs recent seasons where the blue stripes are farther away from the cuff and interrupted by sponsor logos

GOLDSTEIN-Todd.png

Last edited:
View attachment 1278215

View attachment 1278216

Maybe we should be league leaders again - just have our indigenous jumper every away game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back