Bluemour Season Blast Off Edition XXXIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
on a different note to all this division and arguing above, Pivot is having a frenzy sale and Real Puma Carlton Guernseys are on there for 45 bucks, got mine today and love it, is the exact same as the ones you find on the afl store website except 65 bucks cheaper :) perfect for xmas coming up and for tightarses like myself. Hope someone enjoys:thumbsu:

OK, which one of you ****ers made the large guernsey sold out in between the time I added it to cart and went to pay for it?!?!?!!? :mad::mad::mad:

But seriously....Shame I missed out, hope someone on here got a good deal. Thanks for posting C4L!

Well as everyone knows one tall is interchangeable with another and there's a massive surplus of great tall players so really we could ditch Jones and McKay and not even notice tbf.
he's being sarcastic.........

TBH, Jones is one of the few players we simply could not afford to lose if it comes to pass that he doesn't play for us this season.

Opportunities abound for those lining up to 'replace' him and all that, but we aren't getting a Liam Jones this late in the piece. A lot on here identified it as an area of concern for depth, it will be a critical concern if he doesn't play. Young and McDonald are hopefully chomping at the bit.

Sigh.

I've been holding out on getting a jersey for years in the hope that the club will start selling long sleeve guernseys, they just make more sense and are more practical in just about every way for a fan, but with this sale maybe I'll bite the bullet and get one.

Chances are the second my debit card deets go in the club will announce that long sleeve jerseys will be for sale...
that's along the lines of, how do you get the lights to turn green? try sending a text, taking a drink of coffee or reaching into the back for that thing (don't text and drive kids)..........

OK, which one of you ****ers made the large guernsey sold out in between the time I added it to cart and went to pay for it?!?!?!!? :mad::mad::mad:

But seriously....Shame I missed out, hope someone on here got a good deal. Thanks for posting C4L!
couldn't believe it was still there in my basket......

You had it ranked at pick 6 behind the Oodie and Polo shirt...
we were sure the 6 pack of mixed length lanyards would be well and truly gone but it was still a complete surprise to pinch ferris' garment from under his nose

I'm no expert on this topic. He's a big boy and can make his own choices.

Selfishly I'd love him playing, but if it doesn't happen then we move on.

Just another angle to consider. At work we are currently dealing with a situation where two staff members remain unvaccinated. As a result they are working remotely but this cannot continue indefinitely. We don't have a policy as such, but the rest of the team that are vaccinated have huge concerns about the unvaccinated coming back. They support them and appreciate they have a 'choice' but they feel more comfortable not having them around due to their decision to remain unvaccinated.

Regardless of AFL policy or close friendships, do you think the club would feel the same way?

that's along the lines of, how do you get the lights to turn green? try sending a text, taking a drink of coffee or reaching into the back for that thing (don't text and drive kids)..........
I can guarantee that if I'm waiting for a red light so I can put on my lipstick in the rear view mirror, I will get nothing but green lights for my entire drive.

I can guarantee that if I'm waiting for a red light so I can put on my lipstick in the rear view mirror, I will get nothing but green lights for my entire drive.
bang! and then I take off with a jolt and the lippy goes all over my face..........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand why people are hesitant when it comes to getting the vaccine, there are possible side effects and some people have died. You can see why people would be hesitant.

At the end of the day it comes down to a few facts and our ability to assess risk.

The virus is extremely unlikely to go away and life is going to go back to normal which means travelling and mingling which means everyone will be exposed to the virus, probably by the end of next year nearly everyone will have had exposure to it. People in cities and people who mingle a lot, playing football is a pretty big one for close contact mingling, they are going to be some of the first mass exposures and it should be mostly fine with high vax rates and medications coming on the market. How well you fare is going to come down to your vaccination status, general health and underlying issues when coming face to face with this microscopic enemy.

The second part comes down to risk assessment. The death rate of the virus is much higher than the vaccine. We are finding out that the possible long term side effects of having the virus are worse than the side effects from the vaccine which don't appear to be long term.

I hope your heart issues are ok, from what I have heard many have been. Would you still say you are better off having the vaccine and side effects than facing the virus without any vaccine protection? I think you probably are or at least I hope you are.

The end of the day we need to reiterate this message to Liam and hope he weights things up.

To be honest, I'd reflect back now and probably not have the vaccine (or the pfizer one, maybe later approved ones) until more data eventuated and conclusive tests than to live with what I've been plagued with for the last 4 months thanks to it. Again looking at statistics, being in my 40's, fit, healthy, non-smoker, non-drinker, the impacts of running the gauntlet being non-vaccinated and getting the worst of the virus, vs lifetime effects from being immunised whereby you're still not guaranteed full protection from it and all strains.

TBH, Jones is one of the few players we simply could not afford to lose if it comes to pass that he doesn't play for us this season.

Opportunities abound for those lining up to 'replace' him and all that, but we aren't getting a Liam Jones this late in the piece. A lot on here identified it as an area of concern for depth, it will be a critical concern if he doesn't play. Young and McDonald are hopefully chomping at the bit.

Sigh.
It has been a need for a couple of years now to add another developing key defender at least since the delisting of BSOS and McReadie and in a way it might force the clubs hand come draft night, Charlie Dean would be around our pick and has the ability to play if needed, alternatively Leek Allir is another but is more on the raw side in terms of development, as much as it will hurt if Jones maintains his stance it could be a blessing in disguise given Jones is the wrong side of 30.

Last edited:
AFL players aren’t employed by the state government
Pretty sure different companies can employ different mandates
But I hear what you’re saying it doesn’t look great or set a good example
I am not employed by the State Government either.
I had to be vaccinated to keep working.
Tennis players at the Australian open have to be vaccinated because it is a Victorian mandate.

I like Alleer along with other types at that level, but with Ballenden being delisted, I would add him as a DFA
Yeah I mentioned Ballendon to my nephew earlier today as a DFA or SSP, he had a really strong start to the year in the VFL and is a nice mark and a good size similar to Jones.

Have always rated him, from his junior years, can play anywhere down the spine
Yeah Brisbane moved him around a fair bit this year in the VFL, was leading the comp in marks early while playing in defence, I know you are another like me that has been crying out for support in this area since McReadie was cut and as much as losing Jones will hurt it might force Austins hand to get a better balance to our list.

We've all been there mate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back