Players you are surprised are still on an AFL list

Remove this Banner Ad

Mason Wood
Billy Frampton

I look back on him as a player and he was an absolute animal for years for us. Has been utter putrid at Geelong compared to his younger days.

I was initially upbeat that we recruited both Dahlhaus AND Gary Rohan for nothing in the same draft. Both have shown glimpses of what could be 'goodness' but have been frustrating as f*ck in the same breath. When we needed them to fire in finals we got nothing. Chris Scott seems to have taken a shine to Dahlhaus as he's still on our list. I think he's a clogger personally but he's still there!!! Rohan, I think we persevere with for one more year but the doorway looms for him.

What's the go with Levi Casboult?

Not vaxxed and without a club...

Did Majak Daw sign a two year deal when he joined the Dees or did they give him an extension?

Super happy for the guy but gotta say I’m surprised he’s still around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Todd Marshall...want him to succeed but nothing changes year after year. 2022 needs to be big

The Greenwood situation was obviously a farce but Rory Thompson tore his ACL in preseason before the 2019 season and the Suns gave him 4 extra years extension all the way until 2023.

He's now missed all of 2019-2021 and has 2 years remaining.

They'd lost Lynch and May and were clearly trying to stop the bleeding of experienced talls but a 4 year deal seemed over the odds for a fairly limited player at the best of times. To give him 4 after he tore his ACL was truly something.

Hoping he can get back and play but him having 2 years remaining is a shock.

Did Majak Daw sign a two year deal when he joined the Dees or did they give him an extension?

Don’t know his contract status but I’d assume it’s standard. But yeah. I didn’t rate him at Nth and can’t see him getting a game with us baring a catastrophe. Probably was insurance in case Jackson was a couple of years away which he’s proved he definitely isn’t

Didn’t back flip.
Said all along was going to get Vaccinated but wanted to have a certain one that wasn’t available in Aust yet.
And is now not waiting

I was initially upbeat that we recruited both Dahlhaus AND Gary Rohan for nothing in the same draft. Both have shown glimpses of what could be 'goodness' but have been frustrating as f*ck in the same breath. When we needed them to fire in finals we got nothing. Chris Scott seems to have taken a shine to Dahlhaus as he's still on our list. I think he's a clogger personally but he's still there!!! Rohan, I think we persevere with for one more year but the doorway looms for him.

Dahlhaus relied on his ability to hit the ground and bounce back up in a split second to beat opponents in his early career. He has lost his zip and it's bought him right back in terms of ability.

Curious about your comments regarding Rohan.

I can't fathom how many Geelong fans still don't mind him being on the list. I know he has some decent games through the year, (ripping kick after siren to win a game also) but it just seems futile if he's going to go missing when it counts which you can just about bank on.

His prelim game against Melbourne was one of the worst finals performances theres been, amongst a lengthy list of really bad finals performances in his career.

No disrespect here, genuine query.

He's been brilliant for us, I won't hear a bad word about him. Love him and if he's on the list next year I'm bloody stoked :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back