Covid-19 Welcome to Freedom

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infec...d-19-vaccination-case-surveillance-051121.pdf

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference.
The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:
According to current evidence, when vaccinated you:

1. Can still get SARS-CoV-2. Of course you can. Vaccines aren't an invisible shield to stop viruses entering your body.
2. Have less chance of developing Covid-19 from this infection. The vaccine has primed your body to recognise the virus and develop antibodies. This is proven.
3. Have less chance of passing on SARS-CoV-2 through lower viral load and shorter time to kill off the virus. This is proven.
4. Have less chance of going to hospital if you do develop Covid-19. This is proven.
5. Have less chance of going into ICU if you do go to hospital. This is proven.
6. Have less chance of dying. This is proven.

Unless you have extraordinary evidence to the contrary, don't go around saying this stuff isn't true. Happy to adjust this if proven otherwise.

Last edited:

We should be doing this here.
Hard to bill un-vaccinated patients when you have un-vaccinated cops, ambos and medical staff all the way down the line.

Gooses and ganders.

Unless a person has a valid reason to not be vaccinated. ("sky fairy said no" not a valid reason) then no job where you come into any contact with the vulnerable.
That would cover all emergency services, medical and psychiatric care, aged care, child care etc.
I have no issue with anyone being un-vaxxed in a mining, construction, retail etc etc situation.

Apart from the fact that having a portion of the population un-vaccinated will assist in a controlled spread, necessary for evolving immune response, it gives an indicator of the how virulent the virus mutations may be.

If everyone who is un-vaccinated starts dying en masse then we know we have a major issue and can respond.

Hard to bill un-vaccinated patients when you have un-vaccinated cops, ambos and medical staff all the way down the line.

Gooses and ganders.

Unless a person has a valid reason to not be vaccinated. ("sky fairy said no" not a valid reason) then no job where you come into any contact with the vulnerable.
That would cover all emergency services, medical and psychiatric care, aged care, child care etc.
I have no issue with anyone being un-vaxxed in a mining, construction, retail etc etc situation.

Apart from the fact that having a portion of the population un-vaccinated will assist in a controlled spread, necessary for evolving immune response, it gives an indicator of the how virulent the virus mutations may be.

If everyone who is un-vaccinated starts dying en masse then we know we have a major issue and can respond.
Human canaries

Your original claim was this...

...which is incorrect. Maybe slightly less, but not "much, much less". I brought up Singapore as one example of why you're wrong. There are lots of other real world examples even at the local level if you can be bothered looking. And references to studies:

It seems many vaxxed up people think they're protecting others. They're only protecting themselves. Temporarily. Hence boosters.

You were first to bring up the US and "what about Trump?". I wasn't comparing Singapore to the US in the first place.

Yes some people were careless. It's well known that Covid is really bad if you're old, fat or already unhealthy. It can also be asymptomatic if you're healthy. Your average American isn't very healthy. Nothing to do with Trump and he isn't a god - I'd much prefer Rand Paul in charge but I digress.

It's just funny how most of the MSM desperately tries to protect Biden. Maybe you'd be happier if you had a sense of humour :$

Look at Chief’s info at the top of the page. 16 times more likely to go to ICU or die if you have not been 2-dose vaccinated. 10 times more likely to be infected. And that was for NSW.

If you are quoting extreme right wing media with its appalling bias, call other sources of information MSM ( there’s another dog whistle) and place dog whistles about Biden on each and every post, then you can expect this to be raised in conversation with you.

If everything you do and say is governed by your worship of your Orange God, you shouldn’t deny it. Own it. You follow the latest talking points delivered to you, you display the latest in-jokes, you don’t actually think for yourself.

This idea that vaccinations are completely temporary is simply stupid. It shows a complete lack of understanding of the immune system. “Hence boosters.” Really?

You have also claim to be a scientist. Firstly, I doubt it as you veer more towards conspiracies than skepticism. Is it political science? Or another area with science in its name only?

People have family's and rent.

You are essentially advocating homeless(ness), how noble of you.

Your rent and time with your family is fleeting. The lasting impact of how you impose your principles on society, transcends generations. Your descendants will reap what you sow. I thought most people born within recent history of both world wars would understand this concept the most. Especially Australians who were involved in stopping an invasion at our door steps.

And? Want to "participate" in society? Be vaxxed or lose your livelihood. Businesses are only complying so they can still do business. Not that a numbskull like you could see past that, you'd rather just move the goal posts to prove your point. Whatever your point is.

You do know that the majority understand the reasons for getting vaxxed and are happy to play their part? Businesses included.
Are you only interested in what's good for you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure...Israel cases today 470.

I don't think you understand what "herd immunity" actually means.
How many deaths sweetie?

They have their death figures in single digits despite being opened up - their secret ... getting booster shots into those whos immunity had waned from the initial vaccination.

Hey dickhead, if you weren't so lazy, you'd actually be informed of this 3 months ago by the BMJ (British Medical Journal). I suggest you get cracking on their website. They're a free journal publishing site with millions of papers to read up on. You can even read responses on those papers from other medical experts.

Don't be lazy, they even have a nice tool called the search bar on the BMJ website for you to enter keywords.

There were claims that the Delta variant would be near impossible to achieve. In Britain, where 90% of the population had either been vaccinated or had recovered from the disease, the disease was still spreading.

This was when politicians and health officers talked about a “pandemic of the unvaccinated”.
Local epidemiologists suggested that herd immunity (for the delta variant) would be unlikely because 20% of the population are dickheads antivax or vaccine hesitant. We are now finding that not that many Australians are that stupid, so the proportion of the population getting the shots will be higher.
Also, the numbers declined pretty quickly in NSW since a few months ago, which was a pleasant surprise. It seems that the higher numbers of the immunised provided some protection to the herd.

Herd immunity is a real thing. It has worked again and again, using artificial immunity (vaccination) or natural immunity (disease outbreaks with high mortality in the past). With Delta’s high transmission rates, the number of people who have immunity will need to be as high as possible.

I think you'll find that 90% of people like Hakim have no problem with MMR, DTP, polio vax, etc.
With respect, I don't reckon they have even heard of those vaccines nor the vital role they have played in Australia's health and safety. Unless it's on telegram and or other platforms that cater for fools and shonks, they don't want to know.

We already have an abuser pays system - ciggies and piss get taxed accordingly so as to account for the EXTRA costs they convey to the system because of personal choices.

Im saying add to it.
If you are saying charge the unvaxxed a slightly higher tax rate whilst I don’t agree with it it principal it’s better than charging full price hospitalisation admission.. however, to do this inaccessible must then be able to not have any restrictions on obtaining a job through unnecessary mandates or freedoms curtailed via vax passports, then it would not only continue to be useless from a logical perspective (as vaxed ppl pass on the virus) but abhorrent double dipping from the state

Last edited:
I think most people could get behind that. Or even having a more general mandate in the short term like NSW is doing - in order to encourage vaccine uptake.

But Daniel Andrews has pretty much mandated it for all workers. And has stated he intends it to remain in place throughout all of 2022. I reckon McGowan and Palaszczuk are thinking along the same lines. It seems authoritarian and does not strike the right balance between the health threat and civil liberties.
Labor, hasn’t really shown itself as a progressive, inclusive bunch throughout this pandemic

Last edited:
Your original claim was this...

...which is incorrect. Maybe slightly less, but not "much, much less". I brought up Singapore as one example of why you're wrong. There are lots of other real world examples even at the local level if you can be bothered looking. And references to studies:

It seems many vaxxed up people think they're protecting others. They're only protecting themselves. Temporarily. Hence boosters.

You were first to bring up the US and "what about Trump?". I wasn't comparing Singapore to the US in the first place.

Yes some people were careless. It's well known that Covid is really bad if you're old, fat or already unhealthy. It can also be asymptomatic if you're healthy. Your average American isn't very healthy. Nothing to do with Trump and he isn't a god - I'd much prefer Rand Paul in charge but I digress.

It's just funny how most of the MSM desperately tries to protect Biden. Maybe you'd be happier if you had a sense of humour :$

yeah it’s strange the rhetoric spouted about vaxed ppl “protecting others” when it’s well known that you can carry and pass covid when you are vaxed.. suppose it adds weight to those pushing mandate and passport arguments whilst making them feel all warm and fuzzy inside

Last edited:
yeah it’s strange the rhetoric spouted about vaxed ppl “protecting others” when it’s well known that you can carry and pass covid when you are vaxed.. suppose it adds weight to those pushing mandate and passport arguments whilst making them feel all warm and fuzzy inside
Was reading that vaxxed folk carry 6 times less viral load

Look at Chief’s info at the top of the page. 16 times more likely to go to ICU or die if you have not been 2-dose vaccinated. 10 times more likely to be infected. And that was for NSW.
Where did I say that the vaccines don't provide protection?

If you are quoting extreme right wing media with its appalling bias, call other sources of information MSM ( there’s another dog whistle) and place dog whistles about Biden on each and every post, then you can expect this to be raised in conversation with you.
Virtue status: signalled :$

If everything you do and say is governed by your worship of your Orange God, you shouldn’t deny it. Own it. You follow the latest talking points delivered to you, you display the latest in-jokes, you don’t actually think for yourself.
What makes you think I worship him? We really need an eye-roll reaction for posts.

This idea that vaccinations are completely temporary is simply stupid. It shows a complete lack of understanding of the immune system. “Hence boosters.” Really?
Remind me why are people being given boosters?

You have also claim to be a scientist. Firstly, I doubt it as you veer more towards conspiracies than skepticism. Is it political science? Or another area with science in its name only?
Physics. Let me know if you need help building a Q-switched solid state laser.

Still carry it and still spread it.. highest risk settings is households where there are and can’t be enforced separation. Keep the mandates to high risks settings such as aged care and hospitals and move on
Nah it actually protects against infection. Whilst that appears to wane over time it’s still highly effective against serious illness and death

Still carry it and still spread it.. highest risk settings is households where there are and can’t be enforced separation. Keep the mandates to high risks settings such as aged care and hospitals and move on
Despite the fact that we have booze busses, there are still thousands of people driving drunk every single day - a very small percentage have accidents - yet we aggressively prosecute them where we can - harm minimisation.

Delta is incredibly contagious and if you can reduce the viral load to 1/6th - the spread is reduced correspondingly - the proof in the pudding being the lack of explosion of cases in sydney compared to other countries with delta and sydneys high vax rate.

Our grandparents and great grandparents faced a similar implacable enemy - the nazis. As with covid millions died.

They had to endure rationing, the blitz, conscription, being sent off to a war to be killed, mutilated, burned etc etc.

We are in a similar situation - this virus has killed more americans than all the wars of the 20th century put together.

They rolled their sleeves up and for the greater good they got the job done.

WE are being asked to roll up our sleeves and take a vaccine…..

ffs no wonder why they are called the greatest generation - antivaxxers are the most selfish generation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back