News Puma - North's new apparel partner

Remove this Banner Ad

A few have mentioned the clash strip is aimed at the kids so did the test with the young fella. With no prior conversations I simply showed him both and which one would he want. Instantly chose the clash strip... said it looked cool. He is under 10. So there you go for what it's worth.

Edit... I am sure part of the decision making process is coming up with something different for the sake of people buying it. The young fella has plenty of blue and white striped north footy jumpers. But nothing that looks like the clash strip.

A few have mentioned the clash strip is aimed at the kids so did the test with the young fella. With no prior conversations I simply showed him both and which one would he want. Instantly chose the clash strip... said it looked cool. His is under 10. So there you go for what it's worth.

As I said though they can sell these without making players wear them in a match. Do it as training kit or something.

As I said though they can sell these without making players wear them in a match. Do it as training kit or something.

Yep agree, but also no doubt seeing players wearing would help sell it more. There will be some marketing person, sitting with the finance team working out how to maximise sales. Nothing beats match day coverage.

It’s not a clash jumper. Clash jumper needs to be predominately white.
No it doesn’t. Our home jumper is predominantly white.

Not only is the new clash jumper a pile of s**t, it is completely useless. There isn’t an away game bar Geelong where the home with white shorts wouldn’t suffice. For Geelong away games, we wear predominately blue and now we’ve canned it for some reason. Better hope we don’t play them away next year because it’ll be a mess.

No it doesn’t. Our home jumper is predominantly white.

Not only is the new clash jumper a pile of sh*t, it is completely useless. There isn’t an away game bar Geelong where the home with white shorts wouldn’t suffice. For Geelong away games, we wear predominately blue and now we’ve canned it for some reason. Better hope we don’t play them away next year because it’ll be a mess.
I actually like the solid blue logo top as a clash jumper. Especially for Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1278215

this was worn in 2016 to commemorate the 20th anniversary of 1996.

View attachment 1278216

and this was the indigenous strip in 2017.

So yeah, it's been worn for promotions and one-offs a few times over the last few years, 2019 was the only year where it was regularly the away jumper. I'm fine with that personally, I think maybe it should be a special occasions jumper (maybe the official Friday Night jumper?)
Wish I got the indigenous jumper that year when it came out.

No Luke Mac in the pics. This is unusual. What’s goin on there?

Here's my crackpot theory: They got Anthony Stevens, Mick Martyn and Spud Firrito in the video. What numbers did they wear? 10, 11, and 4. No Cunners, no LMac, and no Aidan Corr in the video. Didn't want to double them up.

View attachment 1278081

Had a crack at making new Puma guernseys, purely because that clash kit is woeful.

The only changes to the home are blue collars and cuffs, plus recolouring the Mazda logo. The black on the Mazda logo would be no issue if we still had the black numbers, but now it kinda looks out of place.

Rather than the atrocious white away kit we now have, simply changing the collar, cuffs and shorts from the home is enough to make a contrasting away kit imo.

As for the clash, I know everyone is sick of bounding roo discussion, but it doesn't have to be the exact same as previous, so for this one (literally only needed because of Geelong) I thought just changing it up would be a better option.

Either way, I'm glad the home kit is back to it's proper setup, white with blue stripes and blue shorts is classic North and how it should always be.

Your clash jumper actually makes the bounding roo look fresh rather than tired and dated as it looks to me. Not bad at all.

Regardless, I do wonder why they didn't make a mostly blue version of the logo clash jumper that they went with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back