Opinion New AFC HQ: Send in the Bulldozers! Thebarton is Happening!

What should we do?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I've only attended 2 soccer matches (8,403 vs Newcastle 2011, 5,013 vs Jayapura 2013)
Parking situation is crap. And amenities situation is pathetic.

I find Norwood Oval more convenient for both facets!
Parking at Hindmarsh is a thousand times better than the Parade. Amenities are fine too. There's about a dozen pubs in walking distance to the stadium and some decent restaurants on port road as well if thats what you're after. Its not quite the Parade in that regard but its good enough.

All the PR coming out of the club intimates we are likely to get Brompton.

To get thrown out very early in the tender process and be nowhere near winning resulting in us going to Thebarton would be a PR disaster.
Only to those looking to bag the club for everything they do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a replacement for the Entertainment Centre (with a bigger capacity to attract more concerts).

It will also be connected to the Convention Centre so it can be adapted into another convention hall as well.

Some people think it'll be a replacement for Coopers Stadium too, but that won't be the case.
This is true.

However, I can see a future in the music industry where open air concerts are more common. Already happening and going forward with COVID this may happen more.

Especially for big acts. More people attend, less performances and now more COVID safe.

Which could make an expanded new Entertainment Centre a bit of a white elephant.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Only to those looking to bag the club for everything they do.
Moving to Thebby would be a disaster.

They are about to start a big roadworks project there which will mean the club is in another construction site for the best part of 6 or so years. If not more.

With no access to the secondary oval, Kings Reserve, as tgat will be used as storage/sites office space for the South Road project.

May as well stay at West Lakes as that will be quite nice in a few months time.

No, the timing of ticket buying doesn't even cross their mind. It's the size of stadium and lack of upside.
Yes it does.

Cash flow and guaranteed ticket sales.

Tour promotors often bypass Adelaide purely because historically we are a tough market for early ticket sales.

Yes it does.

Cash flow and guaranteed ticket sales.

Tour promotors often bypass Adelaide purely because historically we are a tough market for early ticket sales.

I promise you, I deal with Live Nation and TEG and others every day, and cash flow and timing of sales just isn't a big consideration.

The potential upside of coming to Adelaide isn't worth it, as the potential margins are too small.

(Look, I've never actually discussed this, but I know they consider it a small market and they're very cash rich orgs)

I promise you, I deal with Live Nation and TEG and others every day, and cash flow and timing of sales just isn't a big consideration.

The potential upside of coming to Adelaide isn't worth it, as the potential margins are too small.

(Look, I've never actually discussed this, but I know they consider it a small market and they're very cash rich orgs)
You pick the two biggest global tour promoters, nice Google search.

Small market and slow ticket sales = flyover Adelaide to do a Perth gig.

Unless It is just Eastern Seaboard.

One thing that has been common lately are gigs at wineries. Frontier Touring prefer this model for the SA market because the wineries underwrite ticket sales.

Adelaide Oval/SMA do this too, underwrite ticket sales.

The Killers the latest example to bypass Adelaide and play at a winery in SA (with no Adelaide) as part of their December Australia tour.

Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Perth all standalone metro gigs. SA gig Peter Lehman wines.

Adelaide is synonymous for slow ticket sales in the Entertainment industry. It is well known. Kind of surprised someone who deals with Live Nation and TEG does not know this.

Moving to Thebby would be a disaster.

They are about to start a big roadworks project there which will mean the club is in another construction site for the best part of 6 or so years. If not more.

With no access to the secondary oval, Kings Reserve, as tgat will be used as storage/sites office space for the South Road project.

May as well stay at West Lakes as that will be quite nice in a few months time.

Would not be touching Thebby with all that’s about to happen going on.
And all you’ve said about West Lakes is spot on, drove past there last week and it’s starting to really take shape with what they’re doing there and will be complete just about by the time we move hopefully to Brompton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You pick the two biggest global tour promoters, nice Google search.

Small market and slow ticket sales = flyover Adelaide to do a Perth gig.

Unless It is just Eastern Seaboard.

One thing that has been common lately are gigs at wineries. Frontier Touring prefer this model for the SA market because the wineries underwrite ticket sales.

Adelaide Oval/SMA do this too, underwrite ticket sales.

The Killers the latest example to bypass Adelaide and play at a winery in SA (with no Adelaide) as part of their December Australia tour.

Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Perth all standalone metro gigs. SA gig Peter Lehman wines.

Adelaide is synonymous for slow ticket sales in the Entertainment industry. It is well known. Kind of surprised someone who deals with Live Nation and TEG does not know this.

I think you’ll find Kristof does not need to use Google in this regard. Has very good knowledge.

Back