Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
what? no more Szezeny?
I only liked him when he first came on the scene. Probably like him a bit more if he came back and performed well.
so much prem
Yeah. Don't watch other leagues, and there aren't many players around now who I like that much in other leagues. I mean, I like Muller, Robben, Iniesta and a few others, but there aren't too many these days.

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
I watch a little of other leagues, but nowhere near to the extent that I watch the PL. Defenders I went with Spurs players because, I dunno, who gets excited by defenders from other teams? For the rest I went with players whom I love to watch play, not necessarily my favourite, otherwise Kane would replace Suarez and Dele, Messi.

Lloris
Walker - Dier - Alderweireld - Rose
Kante
Eriksen - Silva
Messi - Suarez - Bale​

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
I watch a little of other leagues, but nowhere near to the extent that I watch the PL. Defenders I went with Spurs players because, I dunno, who gets excited by defenders from other teams? For the rest I went with players whom I love to watch play, not necessarily my favourite, otherwise Kane would replace Suarez and Dele, Messi.

Lloris
Walker - Dier - Alderweireld - Rose
Kante
Eriksen - Silva
Messi - Suarez - Bale​
That midfield three, oh boy!

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Doesn't have to be players from your own club(though mine is), just a team you'd love to see play full of all your all time favourite players.

-----------------------Drogba
----------Hazard---------------------Zola
-----------------------Lampard
----------Makelele----------------Kante
Cole------------Luiz--------Carvalho---------Ivanovic
------------------------Cech
Drogba. He is the king for me. Such an amazing big game player and scored in nearly all his cup finals plus that penalty. Also just a fantastic human off the pitch too. Loved everywhere.
Hazard. The most talented Chelsea footballer I've seen and so humble and cheeky off the pitch.
Zola. My most loved player, was a magician. Universally loved and seems like a nice guy too. Nice to have him back.
Lampard. Mr Chelsea to me, the best goal scoring mid I've seen and also performed when it mattered. Got a feeling he'll manage us too one day.
Kante. Just the happiest person in the world, always smiling and comes across very down to earth. World class at what he does too. Love him.
Makelele. Was an absolute gun and had his position named after him.
Cole. As good as any LB I've seen and another who always stood up in big games. Still struggling to replace him.
Luiz. Such a character and a great leader around the club. The geezer seems like a real fun guy to be around and can be a great player on his day, or suffer a brain fart. Was huge in our Prem win under Conte and in that Munich final.
Carvalho. Was a gun CB and played a huge part in our great teams of the 00's. The partnership with Terry was as good as any.
Ivanovic. Apart from his final season and a bit Bran was a beast of a RB who could always be counted on for a huge goal. That Napoli goal will stay with me forever.
Cech. Best Chelsea keeper I've seen and a legend. His penalty set against Bayern is something that'll be talk about forever, in their heads.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Tough one...

Salah Suarez Fowler
Firmino
Gerrard Alonso
Mascherano
Hyypia Carragher Agger
Allison

Ive gone 3-4-3 as nobody really likes full backs anyways. Nah, I did love Riise and his left peg and I love a local passionate lad so big fan of TAA. But I couldnt squeeze everyone in.

Allison wins because he's so bloody good. I did love Reina but his last couple of years were a bit wonky. I'll also love Dudek for Istanbul but he really wasnt that great a keeper. So Allison takes it.

Hyypia - Towering CB, when he cried on the shoulders of his teammates after his last game. Love him!
Carragher - Local lad, legend. Got the absolute maximum out of himself.
Agger - his love for LFC makes us love him. Has LFC tattoos.

Masch - bulldog. Was gutted when he moved on. Genuinely world class.
Alonso - It's Xabi. Of course he is a favourite.
Gerrard - the GOAT.

Firmino - those teeth, those lookaways, those celebrations, the work rate.
Salah - impossible to not love. Just such a ripping bloke.
Suarez - a tornado of football brilliance.
Fowler - God.

This
IMG_20190104_210723.jpg

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
I don't really like the game itself to watch a lot of full games involving neutrals so this is going to be predominantly Spurs.

Lloris
Lahm King Vertonghen Bale
Eriksen Carrick Davids
Messi Kane Son

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
———————Courtois

———Ramos—Lovren—Alonso

Willian——Lingard——Pogba——Marcelo

—Neymar——Aguero——Hudson-Odoi

Subs: Barnes, Dier, Verratti, Adam, Sterling, Herrera, Alves

Manager: Jose Mourinho

Owner: Aurelio de Laurentiis

kid_a

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2010
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, East Freo, Glory
All time (that I've watched in my lifetime)

GK: Schwarzer
Def:
Thuram--Gallas--Terry---van Bronkhorst
Mid:
Robben--Lampard--Ronaldinho--Malouda
For:
Despotovski---Drogba

Current:
GK: Cillessen
Def:
Luiz--van dijk--Cahill--van der Wiel
Mid:
Mbappe--Mata--Albrighton--Willian
For:
Diego Castro--Sam Kerr(yep I have a woman in my fav 11)

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Current day:

Buffon
Dani Alves----Van Dijk----Umtiti----Robertson
----Kante---
Mbappe---------------Son--------------Sterling
----------Auba---Laca--------​

Too unbalanced but stuff it. Kante has the workrate of 2 men.

David Silva, Bernardo Silva, Eriksen, Salah, Kane, Hazard all stiff.

Last edited:

Shoei

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Current day;

-- Mustafi
Mustafi----Mustafi----Mustafi----Mustafi
-----Mustafi---Mustafi--
----Mustafi---------------Mustafi--------------Mustafi
----------Mustafi----------

Cruyff14 has 12 players starting because Arsenal need all the help they can get

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Current day;

-- Mustafi
Mustafi----Mustafi----Mustafi----Mustafi
-----Mustafi---Mustafi--
----Mustafi---------------Mustafi--------------Mustafi
----------Mustafi----------

Cruyff14 has 12 players starting because Arsenal need all the help they can get
Hahaha doh! I'll edit it now.

I've not seen Mustafi's mistake and I am not sure if I want to either.

Jun 9, 2007
un
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Blows my mind that any mancs could possibly make a favourite XI if you are a Reds fan haha
Haha, yes, I can understand the disbelief there. As a way of explanation, when I first went to live in the UK in the late 90s I hadn’t yet established a premier league club to follow. I got fully engrossed in United’s CL run and treble attempt from a neutral perspective. It wasn’t until a season later, after getting to understand the Liverpool history and the passion of The Kop that I adopted Liverpool as my team. The fact that they were underdogs but still capable of competing also helped my choice. Since then my passion has grown tenfold. So I have a great appreciation of United’s turn of the century players. Roy Keane is one of the few ‘soccer’ players that I felt would thrive in an AFL environment. Stam, also would’ve made a mean defender. I’ve tried to be as neutral as possible but obviously being inspired by a team’s surge in a competition will influence heavily. So, from my team, turn of the century United, Liverpool from 2000 onwards, the Aussie national team, and soft-spot teams like Barcelona and Leeds United feature.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Oh it's been a couple of years and a few things have changed like becoming European and English Champions, which means this Liverpool squad holds a new special place in my heart.

-----------Ali
TAA Hyypia VVD Robbo
--------Fabinho
Gerrard------Alonso
Salah -- Fowler -- Mane

Reina, Carra, Matip, Mascherano, Suarez, Torres, Firmino.

New influx of the current squad means guys like Agger see's him out of the side and Firmino, Masch and Suarez to the bench. Had to change the formation to fit in both full backs because they are legends.

Back