USA Is the Steele Dossier the biggest political scandal this century?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Chinese yen?

One of Balls In's more lucid moments when coping with the election last year. Ranting about how China love Biden based on the strength of their yen iirc. This was shortly after he wondered why only the states in which Biden was gaining were still counting.

He put in a cracking week thats for sure :tearsofjoy:

One of Balls In's more lucid moments when coping with the election last year. Ranting about how China love Biden based on the strength of their yen iirc. This was shortly after he wondered why only the states in which Biden was gaining were still counting.

He put in a cracking week thats for sure :tearsofjoy:
Is this true Balls In?

The Chinese yen?

Yep. On election Day the Chinese yuan rose initially on expectation of a Biden victory, then it plummeted as Trump surged ahead... then rallied when those 3am votes came in. It's fact.
What about the Chinese yen?

What do you think about this Russian conspiracy?
That depends which particulars you're talking about.

They went after him because he asked what that clear quid pro quo Biden was on camera bragging about.
Nobody has denied that Biden used leverage to have a crook kicked out, with the backing of other countries.

Equating that with Trump’s internally politically motivated attempt to abuse his position - which, as an aside, revealed his absurd belief in a Ukrainian web server - is pure fantasy.

But people will caper about pretending this is the Next Big Thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is what I wrote in the middle of 2018. I'm not sure any of it has been disproven?

The theory of the case for Trump's accusers is broadly that:
  • Trump got into bed with Kremlin-connected Russian oligarchs who sought to funnel their money through international real estate
  • The Kremlin sought to use this network of oligarchs to influence decision-making in foreign countries
  • The Kremlin increasingly sought to cultivate a quid pro quo relationship with Trump, culminating in Trump's trip to Moscow in 2013
  • Trump declared his candidacy for president in June 2015 and the Kremlin identified an opportunity to hurt Clinton, at the very least
  • The Kremlin then set about trying to influence the Trump campaign, cultivating contacts with several people working on it
  • This coincided with the cyber operations to hack the DNC and spread disinformation via social media
  • On June 9, 2016, there was the Trump Tower meeting, where Don Jr met Russians after being promised dirt on Clinton
  • Subsequently, Don Jr lied about Russian contacts with the campaign and separately claimed that meeting had been about "adoptions"
  • Overlap between the Kremlin and the Trump campaign intensified between June 2016 and the November election
  • The Trump campaign requested a change to the Republican Party's official platform, making it more pro-Russia
  • In July, Wikileaks began publishing the DNC emails, which we now know were procured by Kremlin-linked hackers
  • Flynn and Kushner met the Russian ambassador in December 2016, following the election - the meeting remained undisclosed
  • When US intelligence agencies began suggesting Russia had interfered with the election to benefit Trump, he dismissed them as unreliable
  • Trump has mostly refrained from criticising Putin and appears to take Putin's denial of interference at face value
  • Trump has since called for Russia to be readmitted to the G8 (currently the G7) and has questioned the value of Nato
  • In May 2017, Trump fired Comey, who was overseeing the FBI probe into the campaign - and has given shifting explanations for doing so
  • Mueller was then appointed to carry out a special investigation, an appointment initially praised across the spectrum
  • Mueller has since indicted 19 individuals and three corporations, obtaining five guilty pleas
  • The Trump campaign and its reps issued 15 denials of contacts with Russian individuals, all of which were false
  • Between November 2015-January 2017, there were at least 80 meetings/conversations between the Trump team and Russia-linked individuals
Now, none of that proves collusion. But FMD they're not acting like people with nothing to hide.

This is what I wrote in the middle of 2018. I'm not sure any of it has been disproven?

The theory of the case for Trump's accusers is broadly that:
  • Trump got into bed with Kremlin-connected Russian oligarchs who sought to funnel their money through international real estate
  • The Kremlin sought to use this network of oligarchs to influence decision-making in foreign countries
  • The Kremlin increasingly sought to cultivate a quid pro quo relationship with Trump, culminating in Trump's trip to Moscow in 2013
  • Trump declared his candidacy for president in June 2015 and the Kremlin identified an opportunity to hurt Clinton, at the very least
  • The Kremlin then set about trying to influence the Trump campaign, cultivating contacts with several people working on it
  • This coincided with the cyber operations to hack the DNC and spread disinformation via social media
  • On June 9, 2016, there was the Trump Tower meeting, where Don Jr met Russians after being promised dirt on Clinton
  • Subsequently, Don Jr lied about Russian contacts with the campaign and separately claimed that meeting had been about "adoptions"
  • Overlap between the Kremlin and the Trump campaign intensified between June 2016 and the November election
  • The Trump campaign requested a change to the Republican Party's official platform, making it more pro-Russia
  • In July, Wikileaks began publishing the DNC emails, which we now know were procured by Kremlin-linked hackers
  • Flynn and Kushner met the Russian ambassador in December 2016, following the election - the meeting remained undisclosed
  • When US intelligence agencies began suggesting Russia had interfered with the election to benefit Trump, he dismissed them as unreliable
  • Trump has mostly refrained from criticising Putin and appears to take Putin's denial of interference at face value
  • Trump has since called for Russia to be readmitted to the G8 (currently the G7) and has questioned the value of Nato
  • In May 2017, Trump fired Comey, who was overseeing the FBI probe into the campaign - and has given shifting explanations for doing so
  • Mueller was then appointed to carry out a special investigation, an appointment initially praised across the spectrum
  • Mueller has since indicted 19 individuals and three corporations, obtaining five guilty pleas
  • The Trump campaign and its reps issued 15 denials of contacts with Russian individuals, all of which were false
  • Between November 2015-January 2017, there were at least 80 meetings/conversations between the Trump team and Russia-linked individuals
Now, none of that proves collusion. But FMD they're not acting like people with nothing to hide.
You forgot that the head of the Trump campaign met with a suspected Russian agent and gave them campaign polling data for unexplained reasons. The data was then given to the Russian government.

It is certainly one of the great intelligence coups of all time.

The Russians were clubhouse leaders with what they'd with Snowden and later boosting Assange.

The Brits just won by getting a US President with a foreign policy opposed to their own impeached twice and beaten after one term.

I just explained why. For some reason you can’t hit a play button? You seem a little worked up?
For some reason you are incapable of summarising an argument.

Perhaps because you dont understand the argument and are just cut and pasting.

Last edited:
I teach G1~G5 kids. I often give them questions that require distilling the information in order to actually anwer the question. I want them to use some analytical skills to show me their comprehension. However they love to just pick out a sentence and copy it. It's a constant refrain, "use your own words", "that does not answer the question", etc...
Reading this entire thread did not give me the escapism I desire from this board. Boooooo

:)

Lying about WMDs in Iraq
Snowden leaks
Chelsea Manning leaks
Treatment of Assange

All of these were/are much worse.
You are missing trying to overthrow the whitehouse with a bunch of red necks.

your bottom 3 arent even really scandals. Classified documents stolen is not a scandal. and the documents stolen were much less interesting then we thought they would be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back