• GWS

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 4 1.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

For a wonderful trip down memory lane at the risk of a salt overdose, revisit the main board 2017 Grand Final game day thread. North Melbourne and Melbourne supporters in particular completely lose their minds.
BG32 and Snake_Baker lack of knowledge of all things football is so complete, one could be forgiven for thinking they are parody accounts. Also Plenty of other pea hearted invertebrates posting their salty tears as the game progresses.

Do yourselves a favour and have a read:
Man that was salty.

I wanna bring attention to this pre game prediction though...
Screenshot_20211108-083502_Firefox.jpg

Port fans make Pies fans look smart, 35 games against them, 10 in Vic & they sook about our fixture. FWIW Karen Cornes played 19 against us, 5 in Vic

15 games at the MCG in the last 2 seasons due to Covid. Before that 38 home and away games there in the previous 3 seasons. Only 14 of those against teams who don’t also play home games there. Port would have played 36 at Adelaide Oval, 33 of which against teams who don’t also play home games there.

We play what finals we qualify for there, like Port at their home ground. If we get a slight boost from playing some away finals there it is negated by equally playing home finals against other MCG tenants who get a similar boost because they also play home games there. We got a slight edge in the one Grand Final we got to play there in the last 39 seasons against a team who finished above us on the ladder, Adelaide in 2017.

Seriously, what is wrong with these people?

15 games at the MCG in the last 2 seasons due to Covid. Before that 38 home and away games there in the previous 3 seasons. Only 14 of those against teams who don’t also play home games there. Port would have played 36 at Adelaide Oval, 33 of which against teams who don’t also play home games there.

We play what finals we qualify for there, like Port at their home ground. If we get a slight boost from playing some away finals there it is negated by equally playing home finals against other MCG tenants who get a similar boost because they also play home games there. We got a slight edge in the one Grand Final we got to play there in the last 39 seasons against a team who finished above us on the ladder, Adelaide in 2017.

Unlike them we also never even train on the ground we plays our games at.

Well said by someone who knows what the facts are

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Predictable comments, plenty of salt to go around

God did we dodge a bullet there in that draft. Matt Rendell actually goes around boasting about drafting Dangerfield like it is his magnum opus of draft picks. It speaks volumes that among the clubs who took even failed draft picks prior to Dangerfield in that draft are more flags than Dangerfield could ever hope to be involved in.

Dangerfield was taken at 10 and had to have pick 50 attached to him to return the Crows something like picks 9 and 28, and Dean Gore, whoever that is. So he barely did the Crows any good, but at least they did better out of him than the hapless Cats. 😂

Last edited:
Get the feeling we have a big season coming.
Just good vibes, bring the tissues.
Just the thought of a fit Dusty, Bolton, Stack and MJR inside forward 50 is enough for a years supply of Kleenex

Just the thought of a fit Dusty, Bolton, Stack and MJR inside forward 50 is enough for a years supply of Kleenex

I would love Rioli Jnr to make big headway next season but I think he remains a year or two away from being a proper AFL footballer. Longer term I can see him being a massive favourite for us, he has a great instinct for the game, and some excellent weapons. Seems a great kid too, which is no surprise. 😍

God did we dodge a bullet there in that draft. Matt Rendell actually goes around boasting about drafting Dangerfield like it is his magnum opus of draft picks. It speaks volumes that among the clubs who took even failed draft picks prior to Dangerfield in that draft are more flags than Dangerfield could ever hope to be involved in.

Dangerfield was taken at 10 and had to have pick 50 attached to him to return the Crows something like picks 9 and 28, and Dean Gore, whoever that is. So he barely did the Crows any good, but at least they did better out of him than the hapless Cats. 😂
8C0DB754-C1F3-4790-92BC-7185DAABADC5.jpeg
this would make Paddy’s day though. Individual glory

I would love Rioli Jnr to make big headway next season but I think he remains a year or two away from being a proper AFL footballer. Longer term I can see him being a massive favourite for us, he has a great instinct for the game, and some excellent weapons. Seems a great kid too, which is no surprise. 😍
723FF27F-13BE-4592-B234-CD77E8FA11EF.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back