Club Legend
Jun 20, 2009
Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tom Brady
Not surprising at all.

molloy’s show didn’t rate. The new breakfast show doesn’t rate.
Pay JB good money to do what he does best.

I really think this is will be good news for the rub as well - last two years the production value on the rub has gone to s**t I heard JB used to do a lot of the production in previous years and would fit it around his time on the Cage and the rub.

I think back in the day between the cage and the rub - it didn’t matter because of the talent with him, Garry, Chief, Spud etc but now the talent is no where near as good as it once was.

they need to sort out breakfast badly - I actually reckon the 2day fm breakfast show of Hughesy and Ed Kavalee would be a decent fit (imagine if they got Tony Martin)

Jul 29, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not surprising at all.

I really think this is will be good news for the rub as well - last two years the production value on the rub has gone to sh*t I heard JB used to do a lot of the production in previous years and would fit it around his time on the Cage and the rub.

I think back in the day between the cage and the rub - it didn’t matter because of the talent with him, Garry, Chief, Spud etc but now the talent is no where near as good as it once was.

they need to sort out breakfast badly - I actually reckon the 2day fm breakfast show of Hughesy and Ed Kavalee would be a decent fit (imagine if they got Tony Martin)
Not sure what Triple M listeners have done to deserve Ed Kavalee. The single factor who stops me from watching Have You Been Paying Attention weekly.

Sep 30, 2008
Western Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
Not surprising at all.

I really think this is will be good news for the rub as well - last two years the production value on the rub has gone to sh*t I heard JB used to do a lot of the production in previous years and would fit it around his time on the Cage and the rub.

Pass on Dave Hughes…all those cones he consumed on the bus on the way up to play in the 2’s at Mortlake have fried him, funnily enough he was nowhere near the funniest bloke on the bus

Pass on Dave Hughes…all those cones he consumed on the bus on the way up to play in the 2’s at Mortlake have fried him, funnily enough he was nowhere near the funniest bloke on the bus
Its what makes him perfect for breakfast radio ;)

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
Not surprising at all.

Honestly just play old episodes of the hot breakfast, Marty dead set sucks.

MauroFogheri

Fill the crucible
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Didn't they hear JB say almost everyday he'd rather be anywhere else than on Rush Hour? Now they go and make it two hours long from 2022 :huh: Waiting for the announcement re. a replacement for Danny Lakey too....God I miss that show already :'(

Pistol Night

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Didn't they hear JB say almost everyday he'd rather be anywhere else than on Rush Hour? Now they go and make it two hours long from 2022 :huh: Waiting for the announcement re. a replacement for Danny Lakey too....God I miss that show already :'(
JBs been saying that for 10 years. Id say back to prime time and 2 hours might stroke his ego enough to continue

BuddysBiggestFan

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2008
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Don’t know what they’re trying to do with that 7pm - 10pm time slot. Nothing wrong with Danny Lakey although I was getting tired of that caller Jenny, I’m assuming it was Danny himself. Same thing as Tom and Olly in the same timeslot. Thought they were quality too.

Ollie 22

Debutant
Jul 25, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Probably nothing in it but I’ve noticed Luke Darcy popping up a bit on SEN recently, I wonder (wishful thinking) if he’s making a move?

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Probably nothing in it but I’ve noticed Luke Darcy popping up a bit on SEN recently, I wonder (wishful thinking) if he’s making a move?
Well he deserves to go there his a twat with a big ego plus someone needs to help Hutchy force feed himself .
I just prey Channel 7 loses the next AFL rights then we don’t have to see him on TV.

MauroFogheri

Fill the crucible
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Most slots are returning yet still no news about 7pm-10pm. Music wall to wall, which would be OK if they were running with last year's playlist (think Weezer instead of Foo Fighters,) but even that is a pile. BTW, their cricket coverage was no good

Sep 11, 2006
MCG
AFL Club
Collingwood
I was always a big fan of the Big Shiggs but there's not really much of a reason to listen. It's just ok.

It became very very repetitive last year.

I would listen to the podcast most days, especially during lockdown and it just didnt work for mine.

They'd want to turn things around in a hurry this year or it'll be all over.

Back