Football Related Random Thread - PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

McIvor

Club Legend
May 21, 2020
Sunshine Beach
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Adams always looks good so no headline there but man, every new photo of Cam I find something new to admire. Looking absolutely pristine. Can't put expectations on someone coming back from major injuries but geez, he really makes it hard.
I had been critical of Adams in the past but I really liked his 21 season and hoping he can get more consistency with his body, because he is beast down back. Reminds me of big Mal Michael in some ways.

I had been critical of Adams in the past but I really liked his 21 season and hoping he can get more consistency with his body, because he is beast down back. Reminds me of big Mal Michael in some ways.

All things considered he had a fantastic year. I think his intercept marking took a fair bit of pressure of Harris. He was also quick, physical and shut down the big forwards in a manner that Harris and Dizzy cannot. It was a bit disappointing he had another setback after getting some consistency but I guess he'll just be one of those players you can only ever excpect 12-15 games a season. Also Mofra owes him an apology for saying he took out Weightman when replays clearly show Weightman just ran into into him, which is basically the same as running into a brick wall.

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
All things considered he had a fantastic year. I think his intercept marking took a fair bit of pressure of Harris. He was also quick, physical and shut down the big forwards in a manner that Harris and Dizzy cannot. It was a bit disappointing he had another setback after getting some consistency but I guess he'll just be one of those players you can only ever excpect 12-15 games a season. Also Mofra owes him an apology for saying he took out Weightman when replays clearly show Weightman just ran into into him, which is basically the same as running into a brick wall.
Hopefully we get another good season out of Adams as he is a good fit to our defense
His 17 games last year was his career best game wise. Prior to that it was 11 in his debut year for the Dogs in 2016
After a 53 week break between AFL games he came back in round 3 and played every game up to and including round 17. So, 14 games straight
Back for round 23 and the 2 finals.
I think most of us did not believe he was going to make it back for the finals

Hopefully we get another good season out of Adams as he is a good fit to our defense
His 17 games last year was his career best game wise. Prior to that it was 11 in his debut year for the Dogs in 2016
After a 53 week break between AFL games he came back in round 3 and played every game up to and including round 17. So, 14 games straight
Back for round 23 and the 2 finals.
I think most of us did not believe he was going to make it back for the finals

Probably could have been back sooner too.

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not many KPPs on that list across the comp. Andrews may not have had his greatest year but clearly he worked hard.
I get tired watching Harris run up to the forward line to pat someone on the back for kicking a goal then running back before the bounce ....phewwww

Oct 31, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3A57F0BE-AD53-465B-B60D-44895F7614F4.jpeg

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
It would be interesting to know how the boys went, you'd expect that Harry Sharp with his elite endurance background would have performed pretty well. >

https://www.redbull.com/au-en/events/trail-heads/

Red Bull Trail Heads will be held at NV Gravity Bike Park in Gold Coast, Queensland.
The concept is simple: complete a marked 6.5km course through crafted single-track MTB trails racing over a number of “timed segments” in time-trial style.
The inaugural Red Bull Trail Heads involves 5 timed stages – named to match the characteristics of the individual “timed segment’s” terrain.

The timed segments of the race are a variety of up-hill, down-hill, technical and free flowing segments varying in steepness, length, and difficulty including a special segment “KOM” with a unique prize.
Between each segment, there will be untimed “transfer segments” that are designed for catching your breath, grabbing a drink, regrouping with mates and moving across to the next ‘timed segment’ to start all over again.

Dec 7, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Villa, McLaren F1, ENG

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Brisbane is also hoping to avoid a trip to Ballarat – where it has played the Western Bulldogs two of the past three seasons – in a play to get more matches in Melbourne in front of its Fitzroy fans.

Went to Ballarat this season....horrible game...horrible weather....some good pubs tho...and every drunk teenager in Ballarat heading to Melbourne on the train for SATURDAY NIGHT. Once was enough.

It would be interesting to know how the boys went, you'd expect that Harry Sharp with his elite endurance background would have performed pretty well. >

https://www.redbull.com/au-en/events/trail-heads/

Red Bull Trail Heads will be held at NV Gravity Bike Park in Gold Coast, Queensland.
The concept is simple: complete a marked 6.5km course through crafted single-track MTB trails racing over a number of “timed segments” in time-trial style.
The inaugural Red Bull Trail Heads involves 5 timed stages – named to match the characteristics of the individual “timed segment’s” terrain.

The timed segments of the race are a variety of up-hill, down-hill, technical and free flowing segments varying in steepness, length, and difficulty including a special segment “KOM” with a unique prize.
Between each segment, there will be untimed “transfer segments” that are designed for catching your breath, grabbing a drink, regrouping with mates and moving across to the next ‘timed segment’ to start all over again.
Easy enough:

1636956248410.png

As a note, trail running is very different to road running. Tactics for hills are very different in trail running. Looks like Harry went out hard and then was stuffed.

Good on Jaxon too. A very good sign for the season ahead.

Easy enough:

View attachment 1280609

As a note, trail running is very different to road running. Tactics for hills are very different in trail running.

Looks like Harry went out hard and then was stuffed.

Good on Jaxon too. A very good sign for the season ahead.
Also we have to remember that Harry just recovered from a broken ankle as well for the past 4-5 months and could have been his first competitive real run from that injury, so that might have to also be factored in as well as the different running conditions/etc for why Sharpy didn't come first out of the boys and ran out of steam at the end but still, great job to all the boys at the club who completed the challenge and finishing in the top 100 or thereabouts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back