AFL "Star" Label & Unnecessary Wife Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 20, 2002
Mosman Village
AFL Club
Carlton
We have spoken about this before but i thought it as worth monitoring how woeful the media are when it comes to their inflated descriptions of players and or their pumped up wife watch obsession.

Here is the latest offering :

Emily McKay parties hard after her shock split from AFL star Majak Daw (msn.com)

First of all, I have no friggen' idea who that woman is and I'm struggling to understand how Majak qualifies to be "star" player.

And doesn't this look desperate for material to write about :

But the former WAG put her heartache behind her on Friday, as she partied the day away with her pals including Bec Judd and Nadia Bartel in Melbourne

Good to see Hardwick's having a good time.
BB1dCCPQ.img

We have spoken about this before but i thought it as worth monitoring how woeful the media are when it comes to their inflated descriptions of players and or their pumped up wife watch obsession.

Here is the latest offering :

Emily McKay parties hard after her shock split from AFL star Majak Daw (msn.com)

First of all, I have no friggen' idea who that woman is and I'm struggling to understand how Majak qualifies to be "star" player.

And doesn't this look desperate for material to write about :

some random north player who’s name escapes me (shows you how relevant he was) was featured in an article about breaking up with his “influencer” partners and some Insta-posts.

I have pretty much had the biggest crush on Christian Petracca's mother Elvira since he was drafted, so I would prefer more of her thankyou 🥰

Editors call these guys ‘stars’ because they know people will comment whinging about them being called a ‘star’ which will increase the article’s exposure on people’s feeds 🤦‍♂️

Hetald Sun website has been seriously ramping up these stories on wives and girlfriends of AFL players recently. As uninteresting it is to me there must be a decent readership for these stories.

Hetald Sun website has been seriously ramping up these stories on wives and girlfriends of AFL players recently. As uninteresting it is to me there must be a decent readership for these stories.

These articles are often their most read, which is why we are seeing more and more of them..it’s only going to get worse... the worst part is, the “journos” get bonuses for how many clicks and subscriptions they get from their articles.

We are living in pathetic “journalistic” times.

My Mrs follows a few of their Insta accounts of the more popular ones. I was shocked as to the level that she knew about the products they were pushing and what was happening in their lives.

Chicks love it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
I think that they themselves increase the popularity of some personalities who are definitely not stars. There are so many people with temporary popularity these days.

Blokes at the bottoms of packs rejoice as Good Old Mummy "accidentally" lands into them with his knees.

Much to the mirth of commentators like James Brayshaw.
Concussion and injuries are a serious injury though.

I will put my house on someone like Brayshaw eulogizing Mummy the first GWS game he calls this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back