What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That rock you were living under between 2012 and 2020 where you made a total of 18 posts must have hit you in the head pretty bad. This is evidenced by the 128 uninspiring, nonsense posts you have made since transitioning from a Hermet to a special being after Melbourne finally had some success.

Just shows some people have little going on in their lives.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Boyd on radio this morning. Really impressive. Was on because of Movember, but a certain dees supporter could not help but ask how Tom felt after the 'Dogs premiership loss. "You know Melbourne won" (host). "Did they?" Tom - nice work. :thumbsu:

Tom Boyd on radio this morning. Really impressive. Was on because of Movember, but a certain dees supporter could not help but ask how Tom felt after the 'Dogs premiership loss. "You know Melbourne won" (host). "Did they?" Tom - nice work. :thumbsu:

Should ask certain host to show his premiership medal.

Should ask certain host to show his premiership medal.

Tom also pointed out that the best moment of 2016 was 45,000 in front of him at the WO the next day. Said it was such a shame Dees supporters didn't have such a fantastic moment. :sunglasses::smiley::sunglasses:

I have just read Mick Warner’s book “The Boys Club”. It is a very good read. The book basically follows Demetriou and Gil’s time as AFL CEO’s and the cover-ups and corruption including Essendon’s doping scandal and other dodgy happenings. He devotes a chapter to Michael Talia leaking Bulldog intel to his brother Daniel before the 2015 EF. The specific information related to the changed role for Tory Dickson in the 2015 EF and Jake Stringer’s role/match-ups for that game. In short - it happened. The AFL helped cover it up due to the matter possibly having grave consequences on betting markets. Warner hates Demetriou with a passion and the rampant cronyism within the AFL, thus the title.

Definitely worth a purchase.

A49F7C18-C055-4B46-9D3C-DB651356522F.jpeg

Last edited:
I have just read Mick Warner’s book “The Boys Club”. It is a very good read. The book basically follows Demetriou and Gil’s time as AFL CEO’s and the cover-ups and corruption including Essendon’s doping scandal and other dodgy happenings. He devotes a chapter to Michael Talia leaking Bulldog intel to his brother Daniel before the 2015 EF. The specific information related to the changed role for Tory Dickson in the 2015 EF and Jake Stringer’s role/match-ups for that game. In short - it happened. The AFL helped cover it up due to the matter possibly having grave consequences on betting markets. Warner hates Demetriou with a passion and the rampant cronyism within the AFL, thus the title.

Holy s**t. I'm gonna buy it now

View attachment 1283062

Bevo wouldn't allude to something publically if he wasn't sure of facts - we really should have taken that one further, but then again if we did, would 2016 have happened?

Bevo wouldn't allude to something publically if he wasn't sure of facts - we really should have taken that one further, but then again if we did, would 2016 have happened?
Yeah it's a shocking look but sometimes you have to pick your battles. Regardless I don't feel it had any impact on the match at all. We came out and dominated the first 5-10 minutes with the first few goals and Tory kicked 5 for the game (with a Stringer hammy twinge). Unless there was more info indulged, it certainly wasn't the reason we lost.

Yeah it's a shocking look but sometimes you have to pick your battles. Regardless I don't feel it had any impact on the match at all. We came out and dominated the first 5-10 minutes with the first few goals and Tory kicked 5 for the game (with a Stringer hammy twinge). Unless there was more info indulged, it certainly wasn't the reason we lost.

Agree, we didn't do ourselves any favour with our inaccuracy - started the 3rd quarter kicking 1.5 in the first 12 mins.
Crameri 2.5 for the game, Bont's 2 misses in that 3rd. After Stringer's goal in the last we were actually 8 points up, having kicked 4.1 in the first half of the final quarter, then just couldn't score after that.

I wonder if Bevo thought we should have scored more in the first if Crows weren't aware of the forward setup? As it is, we kicked the first 3 goals of the game and like you said dominated that period, and then Betts got on a roll with 3 for the rest of the quarter for them to lead at 1/4 time.

When we were 8 points up in the final quarter, it was 8 more scoring shots 14.17 to 14.9, then Crows had 6 of the last 7 scores after that, kicking 2.4 to 0.1. In hindsight, that last 15 minutes was effectively a choke by predominantly a young team who's average age was masked by 30+ Boyd, Minson, Morris and Murphy. 12 months on, 14 of that team were able to change the course of history!

Edit: not wanting to traumatise anyone on here, so if you watch this I'd suggest stopping at 5:06 when Stringer puts us 8 points up, but while there were some highlights for us (Jong's hanger is one), the way we allowed them to leave the forward line open for Betts to work in, and neither Morris nor Wood could perform the heroics of 12 months later was a major factor. BT even says in the commentary that after our opening onslaught we proceeded to kick 2.8 whilst Crows were nailing almost every chance. Familiar story really.

Imagine if we had a goalkicking coach over the past 6 seasons with the amount of scoring we generate! (Sorry, I know that's been done to death, but it is just such an obvious tweak to our game given our degree of inaccuracy in Bevo's tenure, apart from 2015.

Here's part of some analysis I did a few years ago with recent seasons added - 4 of Bevo's seasons have had a negative accuracy differential to our season opposition, and 2 seasons with less than 50% goal scoring accuracy ourselves:

1637285113403.png

Sorry, I've gone off on one of my rambles again, straying way off topic!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back