Non-Lions discussion 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman knows stuff about the perils of Covid vaccines that we mere mortals don't.

Just like the rest of the anti-vaxxer geniuses.

It's all there on the interweb.

Just like the stuff about the Illuminati, Earth being flat, 911 an inside job, the Apollo moon landings a great big fake and the Pope and the Queen being Reptilian aliens from Niburu , Planet X or the Planet of the Apes or somewhere.
I found out this week Obama is head of the new Illuminati (same concept but not actually called the Illuminati), scientists are for the most part automations who are being controlled by big pharma who are part of the new Illuminati, who have created and released covid to break down individual country governments to seize per as a world government.

I always though humans are basically to stupid and talkative to keep secrets like that.
Michael Jackson's monkey was a man in a suit.

I am not anti vax, but I am Pro choice.
I have made my decision and he has made his.
That’s not selfish at all, just a choice.

I'm not against the idea of choice. As long as people are willing to wear the consequences, which Jones is.

I disagree that there isn't some inherent selfishness involved though. Vaccines and herd immunity are a collective action exercise afterall.

I feel sorry for the Carlton football club who now have to scramble to replace a key part of their squad due to a completely avoidable retirement.

Just never ends for them.

I feel sorry for the Carlton football club who now have to scramble to replace a key part of their squad due to a completely avoidable retirement.

Definitely unlucky for them, but atleast he hasn’t let this linger into next year.
He has made the decision quickly and has now allowed them to move on.

Definitely unlucky for them, but atleast he hasn’t let this linger into next year.
He has made the decision quickly and has now allowed them to move on.

I just don't understand how he's gone his entire career receiving medical treatments and has only now decided that he's more informed than the club doctor.

Just such a waste. It's a shame he's not playing football anymore.

I honestly don't think vaccine mandates will be a thing by the time next season starts anyway. Just seems like such a massive decision to make over such a low risk medical procedure.

I'm not against the idea of choice. As long as people are willing to wear the consequences, which Jones is.

I disagree that there isn't some inherent selfishness involved though. Vaccines and herd immunity are a collective action exercise afterall.
Most States in Aus are tracking towards a 90% vax rate which I think is a pretty good result really.
Jones has fallen on his sword quickly which is actually a good result for Carlton as a they can now move on without him in any plans. It will be hard for them to find a decent replacement though, maybe they can call on Casboult😉

I just don't understand how he's gone his entire career receiving medical treatments and has only now decided that he's more informed than the club doctor.

I honestly don't think vaccine mandates will be a thing by the time next season starts anyway. Just seems like such a massive decision to make over such a low risk medical procedure.
Completely agree.

It does border on the bizarre but I'll defend his right to say no. Personally it's something I would prefer everyone do ,it's demonstrably very low risk at this stage ,but if someone doesn't want a vax that hasn't yet stood the test of time to be fair pumped into their body then that's their choice.

Whether he's showing courage and conviction or stupidity and naivety time will tell but he is wearing the consequences. Maybe he'll be back at some point if the issues surrounding this thing ever settle down.

Same, I am Covid jabbed but he has shown courage(IMO) to make such a decision which will no doubt cost him monetarily and socially, I don't see it as a selfish decision, who would seriously want to put themselves through the shitstorm he is going to face on a whim.

I would also have no problem whatsoever socializing with un vaxxed people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are people so stupid? And why is the covid vax seen as being the work of the devil?
It took the Covid mayhem for you to realize that? I figured it out half a century ago.... ;)

abe-simpson-abe-simpson-cloud.gif

Why are we always feeling sorry for other clubs?? Who cares that things are going s**t for them, any weaknesses on their part can work to our advantage.

Why are people so stupid? And why is the covid vax seen as being the work of the devil?

I have a friend who is a pack a day smoker. Won't get vaccinated.

I'm like, if you want an interesting read, rather than the evils of these vaccines, why don't you have a read of the studies of long term smoking. Nope, not interested in reading about that.

I kid you not.

It does border on the bizarre but I'll defend his right to say no. Personally it's something I would prefer everyone do ,it's demonstrably very low risk at this stage ,but if someone doesn't want a vax that hasn't yet stood the test of time to be fair pumped into their body then that's their choice.

Whether he's showing courage and conviction or stupidity and naivety time will tell but he is wearing the consequences. Maybe he'll be back at some point if the issues surrounding this thing ever settle down.

I took like one immunology class at University so I'm not going to pretend to be an expert but I really can't think of a way that the covid vaccines could have some random unknown effect on people that would justify not having the vaccine.

You can't deny he's at least being brave, but it's just for such a lost cause. It's more of a tragedy really that a career is over because of this.

Never in my life have I seen such rampant antivax rhetoric permeate the Australian psyche. It just really hasn't been a thing until now. If you look at our childhood vaccination rates historically they just don't reflect the sentiment we're seeing over these covid vaccines.

I loved Liam Jones's story and I'm just really sad it's over. If he'd retired to go build houses in Cambodia I'd be less sad about it all. At the end of the day it's his choice. He'll have a permanent spot on Sky News if he wants it. I'm just sad about the whole situation.

Same, I am Covid jabbed but he has shown courage(IMO) to make such a decision which will no doubt cost him monetarily and socially, I don't see it as a selfish decision, who would seriously want to put themselves through the shitstorm he is going to face on a whim.

I would also have no problem whatsoever socializing with un vaxxed people.

His club captain has cancer and is immunocompromised. It is very selfish to not getvaccinated when you may be in close contact with someone who is unable to protect themselves and are at a higher risk.

Good riddance imo.

I have a friend who is a pack a day smoker. Won't get vaccinated.

I'm like, if you want an interesting read, rather than the evils of these vaccines, why don't you have a read of the studies of long term smoking. Nope, not interested in reading about that.

I kid you not.
Smoking is an interesting one both my father RIP and my Aunt were lifetime heavy smokers, my dad passed in 2013 form AML, apparently his lungs were fine.

My 85 year old aunt has recently moved into an aged care dementia unit and went cold turkey off smokes, after a lifetime of smoking and decades of having a smokers cough/flem etc her lungs are the least of her problems, breathing fantastically with no coughing etc.

His club captain has cancer and is immunocompromised. It is very selfish to not getvaccinated when you may be in close contact with someone who is unable to protect themselves and are at a higher risk.

Good riddance imo.
He quit, so his captain is at no risk from him now.

I took like one immunology class at University so I'm not going to pretend to be an expert but I really can't think of a way that the covid vaccines could have some random unknown effect on people that would justify not having the vaccine.

You can't deny he's at least being brave, but it's just for such a lost cause. It's more of a tragedy really that a career is over because of this.

Never in my life have I seen such rampant antivax rhetoric permeate the Australian psyche. It just really hasn't been a thing until now. If you look at our childhood vaccination rates historically they just don't reflect the sentiment we're seeing over these covid vaccines.

I loved Liam Jones's story and I'm just really sad it's over. If he'd retired to go build houses in Cambodia I'd be less sad about it all. At the end of the day it's his choice. He'll have a permanent spot on Sky News if he wants it. I'm just sad about the whole situation.
We don't really know that he's a rampant anti vaxer.

Maybe like some others he doesn't think the vaccines have withstood a rigorous enough testing period. It usually takes many years longer of research and development.

It'd be interesting to get the full story of why he's come to this decision. For someone of his age the risks on a reaction would be completely manageable. It must be some kind of longer term doubts.

Only my opinion but from my reading of the many Covid threads on Big Footy a lot of the hesitancy is the not so subtle compulsory nature of the "mandate", people do not like being told what to do and what is good for them and if you are coming from a hesitant base being ordered to have it makes most people dig their heels in.

Very small percentage think the Covid vax is a reptilian plot to depopulate the planet.

I don’t disagree with your general point. But the current vaccines do not provide heard immunity.

We could have a 100% vaccination rate, and the virus will still circulate, and people will still get sick, and a very small percentage will still die.

Last edited:
Only my opinion but from my reading of the many Covid threads on Big Footy a lot of the hesitancy is the not so subtle compulsory nature of the "mandate", people do not like being told what to do and what is good for them and if you are coming from a hesitant base being ordered to have it makes most people dig their heels in.

Very small percentage think the Covid vax is a reptilian plot to depopulate the planet.

I do actually wonder whether the mandate was the best public health approach. It might end up making more people dig their heels in as you've said.

Will be an interesting case study in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back