Who is the best shooter of all time?

Who is the best all time shooter in NBA history?

• Jason Kapono

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mike Penberthy

• Nikola Jokic

• Terry Mills

• Mark Price

• Kyle Korver

• Mike Miller

• Dale Ellis

• JJ Redick

• Brent Barry

• Antoine Walker

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

blackcat

Irving's godfather and handle
Dec 29, 2003
Beverly Hills 90210 Antifa bracket
AFL Club
Richmond
Curry so good that this image is already out of date.

Another 9 triples last night.
They ARE not better on paper without Klay , but is the 2021/2022 season of GSW better than the Team with Thompson back ? They have smaller risk margin , and Steph can only play 38 minutes a night , and that record 2016/2017 season of 72 wins or whatever it was , they went too deep-into-their-well and never had that RICHMONDTIGERS momentum paradoxically so , coming into the play-offs

the Kerr offence run where Steph is heliotrope/hub/fulcrum may be more efficient without a second cog , at the moment the bit parts are good for 65 , but would they be good for 65 in the play-offs (contradicting myself , but I gotta doubt this)

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Surely the debate is over. Curry is clearly the GOAT. Not sure if we ever see such a smooth shooter ever again, esp from beyond the 3 point arc (least not for a long time)

It's a privilege watching him in his prime.
and setting a high water mark , records bound to never be broken , because you have to get in the rotation* young , be a volume* marksman within a couple of years in the rotation , and ELEVATE* yourself beyond all other blue-chip marksmen so it is your number the coach calls and plays are run for you , ex-Phoenix coach Earl Watson said(on the Gilbert Arenas podcast) when Jason Tatum came in for pre-draft workouts on leaving Kentucky he ran off 38 threes in a row without miss , Melbourne Tigers Robert Sibley won a post-practice(after-training I mean) threepoint competition nailing 25 of 25 from the five perimeter spots , and he shot as much as Warren Giddey (ie. none, in games that is)
anyone can shoot with their feet set , Steph's true ability may be Superman Rip Hamilton

# SUPERMAN

* and the new shooting wunderkinds will not end in Trae Young , there will be a lot more depth with Young/Curry/Thompson/Robinson ability , so paradoxically , the water (talent) tide may be deeper (warrenbuffet on depth lifting all boats) but differentiating yourself above all other boats will be MUCH harder
#JohnForbesNash #gametheory #AdvancedInstitute #CarnegieMellon #NobelLaureate triangulation bro

Last edited:

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Most of Steph's records will be broken because the game has changed. Shooting lots of 3s is standard now.
and my point had rigour for such rebuttal , my point can be distilled like this : much more depth and competition to be the perimeter marksmen plural on your team will deter volume high-ENOUGH to surpass Steph's records because AS ALL are shooting from the perimeter this effects your number of attempts that are divided between the 5 on the floor , hence me talking about Sibley and Tatum's workout for Suns' Earl Watson , heck add Aron Baynes at Boston under Brad Stevens , Milwaukee Bucks centre Bro'pez[sic] at LA , you can teach Pavlov's dog to shoot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond

Young guys now have the green light to shoot.

until Max Strus or Tyler Herro supplant his volume of shots , until they change from Spalding to Wilson, until the defense pushes his perimeter out to 24+ , Duncan is a phenomenon shooter , he does have range , he has some pop re: two-feeted jump and high release with decent wings at a 'tall' 6'7" but expecting a role player to make 300 triples a year is too much , but Duncan Robinson being the fifth offensive player on the floor reduces the game to four-on-four , the automatic handicap that means every player who has a heat-check and made half a dozen triples now has three defenders stalking him on the court , not Kobe , not MJ , not LeBron, member Shaq tho , but only Steph can hunt the ball and find his own shot when shadowed by three defenders , Robinson no , Allen no , Thompson no , Trae no

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Robinson has moved the needle on his defense imo and would be better than average , he blocked a Clark (edit: Collins JohnCollins)from Atlanta Hawks lay-up put-back , it will take Dunc 4 seasons lag before ref's give him time of day , my theory is get bad tattoos film it , with Rodman selecting one arm and giving defense tips , getting Birdman (Danver or Clips or Warriors???) to select in another off season , get Jrue Haliday to give you lessons that off-season and filmed , AI to choose next yearsbleg tatts filmed all for youtube release .... #longshot_podcast ? nah , eff that . Own thee marksman records , film off season work with Artest/MettaWorldPeace and Rodman and the Celtics defender who gave Kobe fits Tony Allen ,

tatts and defense tutorials ain't for general public though they will be shown to public on YouTube, it is for credibility and demonstration for nba ref's

#Ogilvy&MaherRorySutherland
#Dustynecktatts

edit: Clark => JohnCollins

Last edited:
May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Robinson is 28 though. Never averaged more than 4 made 3s a game in any season

Curry above 5 made per game in 4 of the past 7 seasons.

I'm not saying it will be Robinson. It may be a rookie that starts this year, or next...

Players are shooting more 3s than ever. No reason to think a player won't start and play 15 seasons making 200+ threes each year.

And Steph has missed a lot of time due to injuries so won't be playing a high number of career games.

I actually had Klay retiring as the all time leader in 3s made 2 seasons back. Injury prevented that from happening though.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Good comparison is tackles in the AFL.

20 years back, no one was ever going to catch Libba for tackles. Guy averaged 5+ per game during a bunch of seasons, which from memory was double what the next guy averaged.

5 tackles is nothing these days.

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm not saying it will be Robinson. It may be a rookie that starts this year, or next...

Players are shooting more 3s than ever. No reason to think a player won't start and play 15 seasons making 200+ threes each year.

And Steph has missed a lot of time due to injuries so won't be playing a high number of career games.

I actually had Klay retiring as the all time leader in 3s made 2 seasons back. Injury prevented that from happening though.
but you do realise when every draftee and two-way G-League'r is shooting lights-out and heat-check like Brooke Lopez and Aron Baynes your competition is NOT against Kawhi Leonard and Matisse Thybulle and Ben Simmons , your competition IS internal with teammates and to get the coaches attention and plays calling YOUR number . Triangulation , GAME-THEORY

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
WAT.jpg

Back