Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham

Just saw that. Carlton supporters feeling cursed. Seriously, wish him well and hope he finds somewhere he can fit in and doesn’t get caught up with the nastiness of fellow anti vax travellers.

It’s a shame he didn’t have the decency to at least get the jab for his immunocompromised mate Sam Docherty, oh well he is gone now so sam has nothing to worry about.

wasn’t jones traded for a pick in which the dogs landed Caleb Daniel?

What they do get is 500k cleared in their salary cap

jones costing himself a fair bit of dosh
Liam Jones is on $500k a year? If they're throwing that sort of money at a player that, at best, is a good honest battler, they really mustn't have a salary cap.

It’s a shame he didn’t have the decency to at least get the jab for his immunocompromised mate Sam Docherty, oh well he is gone now so sam has nothing to worry about.

wasn’t jones traded for a pick in which the dogs landed Caleb Daniel?

ferball
??? I was referring to Liam that Sam has nothing to worry about in terms of externals putting him at potential risk.

Sam is a so strong and will smash out his chemo. So I don’t get your nitpicking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ferball
??? I was referring to Liam that Sam has nothing to worry about in terms of externals putting him at potential risk.

Sam is a so strong and will smash out his chemo. So I don’t get your nitpicking.
Didn't Docherty have a bad reaction to his vaccine?

I wonder if that had some influence on Jones' decision.

Which was treated by doctors.
So what. Fear is an irrational thing. If Jones has a fear of the vaccine to begin with and that happens he might not be able to rationally react. That doesn't make him indecent.

So what. Fear is an irrational thing. If Jones has a fear of the vaccine to begin with and that happens he might not be able to rationally react. That doesn't make him indecent.
So what? He has top end support staff around him in which he can see the club psychologist which can conduct CBT sessions to change the way he things about his fears and using how the doctors were able to treat an adverse reaction if it was to happen to him.

So what? He has top end support staff around him in which he can see the club psychologist which can conduct CBT sessions to change the way he things about his fears and using how the doctors were able to treat an adverse reaction if it was to happen to him.
Why does he have to do that? He just resigned instead.

Maybe he thought CBT would change who he fundamentally was and he didn't want to do that. Anyway it doesn't matter now. Its done and he's not playing footy any more.

Why does he have to do that? He just resigned instead.

Maybe he thought CBT would change who he fundamentally was and he didn't want to do that. Anyway it doesn't matter now. Its done and he's not playing footy any more.
SMH he doesn’t have to and it’s obvious that he didn’t but it was just a thought.

Was stated was a beliefs thing rather than fear.
Yeah. i assumed he was just scared but obviously he's religious.

I'm not a big fan of religions but I do respect people who make personal sacrifices for their faith.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
Yeah. i assumed he was just scared but obviously he's religious.

I'm not a big fan of religions but I do respect people who make personal sacrifices for their faith.
Is he religious? Small sample size but all of my religious friends are vaccinated and the few anti-vaxxers aren't religious at all.

Is he religious? Small sample size but all of my religious friends are vaccinated and the few anti-vaxxers aren't religious at all.
I'm assuming so. There was some talk of it being a cultural thing. Parents used to be able to get an exemption for their kids to get childcare without being vaccinated if they had religious objections in NSW on religious grounds (but that changed recently.) It was the only non medical exemption available.

Sydney clubs granted special cost of living pay bonus for staff

The AFL’s two NSW clubs can pay some staff an extra $7000 outside the football department soft cap to combat soaring housing prices in Sydney.

The AFL has given its two Sydney clubs the scope to spend extra money on staff outside the football department soft cap to help combat soaring house prices.

News Corp understands GWS Giants and Sydney Swans have been permitted to pay some staff an extra $7000 each as part of an accommodation allowance for next season.

Across approximately 20 staff at each club it is worth about an extra $140,000 per year outside the football department soft cap.

But the allowance must be club-funded and can only be used on full-time staff who earn under $250,000 a year.

The assistance has been gratefully received by the two clubs, but discussions remain ongoing about whether more is required to help keep quality staff at the Swans and Giants.

Both clubs face a fight to retain staff in Sydney in the face of soaring house prices and increased cost of living expenses compared with other states such as South Australia, and regional areas such as Geelong.

The clubs believe it costs about 30 per cent more to live in Sydney than other areas.

After losing highly-rated assistant coach Lenny Hayes last year, the Giants were unable to keep assistant coach Adam Schneider, who last week left the game due, in part, to the cost of living in Sydney.

he Giants are working on a replacement to help support head coach Leon Cameron for next season.

The Giants and Swans in 2014 lost their Cost Of Living Allowance which allowed them to pay players outside the cap after the Swans pulled off a blockbuster bid for Lance Franklin.

But the Giants in particular have been calling on the AFL to help support the club’s attempts to better remunerate staff and keep up with housing costs.

It was made more difficult last year when the soft cap was slashed from $9.7 million to $6 million in the wake of the COVID-19 financial crisis, but that is set to rise by about $250,000 for 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back