Discussion 2021 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't let you lie without some kind of response haha
Ahh you proved my point, I called you out then you deleted my posts. Then posted my posts you deleted and our pm convo? Isn’t the point of pm for it to remain private? Not very good for a mod to pick and choose when he will use messages and conversations to suit the context he wants. Shame on you george, shame shame shame.

Ahh you proved my point, I called you out then you deleted my posts. Then posted my posts you deleted and our pm convo? Isn’t the point of pm for it to remain private? Not very good for a mod to pick and choose when he will use messages and conversations to suit the context he wants. Shame on you george, shame shame shame.
Hahaha you are on a roll today, you are right though, how did you know that?!

I send all your crazed private messages to a group of people here. We call it the Joop Scoop and we all just laugh at you, you bring great joy to our miserable lives hahaha

No its not , he was cooked.
Surely Max kicks 10 against them next year now. Put Silvagni down there to man him. Would be scenes of Gehrig on Fevola circa 2004.

Jeez this thread got heated. Anyways has anyone thought about what changes to the leadership group might look like? I’d love to see Steele officially take the sole captaincy and maybe elevate Rowan Marshall to a vice captain
Steele should be sole captain.

Presumably, Howard and Membrey will stay as Vice Captains.

The vaccine debate is interesting. It's completely missed the scientific reasoning behind it and become it's own cultural campaign (although it was a pandemic). Internally I struggle with the mandate debate. While it is the best way out, I don't agree with the level of government control.

The information has been poor by all levels of government and corporation to provide information about the vaccine. Millions are spent on how to tell someone that they don't consent to a milkshake or a useless government app, but we can't spend any on YouTube videos helping explain what the mRNA vaccines are doing along with vaccine history. (Probably still holding out hoping for the best in people)

Messaging in the digital age is really difficult for government. 20 years ago you'd put a public message on the front cover of the two newspapers and an ad during Hey Hey It's Saturday or the footy and you'd hit most Aussies. Now they can't work out where to find them so they employ "creatives" that have mysterious plans that take a lot of money.

Then on top of that there is a constant undercurrent of alternative "news" and people riffing on each other's crazy ideas that become accepted like a cult of the conscious. I find it fascinating. I know a lot of hippies and so many have hard right political views from the internet now. They preach mindfulness and spiritualism....and a Trump lead armed insurgency over the elected government and see no conflict in their ideas.

Messaging in the digital age is really difficult for government. 20 years ago you'd put a public message on the front cover of the two newspapers and an ad during Hey Hey It's Saturday or the footy and you'd hit most Aussies. Now they can't work out where to find them so they employ "creatives" that have mysterious plans that take a lot of money.

Then on top of that there is a constant undercurrent of alternative "news" and people riffing on each other's crazy ideas that become accepted like a cult of the conscious. I find it fascinating. I know a lot of hippies and so many have hard right political views from the internet now. They preach mindfulness and spiritualism....and a Trump lead armed insurgency over the elected government and see no conflict in their ideas.
You know things have got pretty weird when you have the furthermost extremes of the political spectrum holding hands and marching together like we are seeing now. Nazis and the Rainbow-Amish Steiner crew, together at last. 😍
I resent your quotation marks around ‘creatives’ BTW 😂

Last edited:
Hahaha you are on a roll today, you are right though, how did you know that?!

I send all your crazed private messages to a group of people here. We call it the Joop Scoop and we all just laugh at you, you bring great joy to our miserable lives hahaha
I’m finding this kind of rhetoric, regressive and unhelpful.

Am I right?

I’m finding this kind of rhetoric, regressive and unhelpful.

Am I right?
If you can't differentiate between a joke and a discussion that's not my problem.

Aside from that, I'm not particularly interested in spending another day on here labouring points that have already been well made - if there's something you don't understand then read back through the conversation. Cheers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because the only reasons for abstaining I have heard so far are based in selfishness or debunked conspiracies so unless Liam comes out publicly with some incredible new data then he’s in either or both of those camps...

I listed some examples of why someone might be wary of taking the vaccine, I might have deleted it though. It’s possible he knows someone who had the vaccine who got sick from it, it’s possible he’s scared bcause there is no long term data on the effects. This is a new style of vaccine, it’s not appropriate to compare it to the polio or measles vaccine.
there have been vaccines deemed safe, only for a recall to occur a few years later.
Surely you could understand that someone may take issue with being forced to take a vaccine without its long term affects being studied? Or is that simply the concern of a brain dead moron? A pea brain?
Maybe he’s privately had the shot, but is taking a stand against the governments mandate.

We don’t know, and we don’t need to know. He’s standing up for what he believes in, and I’m not sure he deserves to be mocked or belittled because he’s going against the majority view.

Full credit to Jones.

I'm sure his agent has negotiated a payout of part of his contract. Much better result than being put on the inactive list and getting paid $30,000 for the year while also being unable to pursue other career options. How the AFLPA agreed to that deal is beyond me.

What is does for Carlton is a whole other story.

They went and got Lachie Young but no way they planned on him playing FB every week. Marchbank could maybe do the job but he hasn't played in forever and was always more like Plowman as a 3rd tall. Maybe they pull the trigger on Leek Aleer? Oscar McDonald is still on their list too...

Well, both the front and back pages of The Hun thinks it’s about the jab.
I elaborated on this in previous posts, have a look back through if you would like to know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back