Oppo Camp The Loony Bin - Lead Sponsor of Crazy Topkent's Alternate Adventures

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
The best is that dickhead Boristown, who hasn’t been sighted since GF Night. Weak as piss.

Definitely. The dogs fans posting still trying to discredit us are peanuts but at least they aren’t afraid to post. Boristown is cringe enough to pretend to support north so he can troll all the teams he doesn’t like when they play the dogs.

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Some on the dogs board now claiming they were more upset over certain home and away losses than the grand final.
I mean sure we’d all have loved to have been at the game. But that’s a ludicrous claim.

There’s a few who I think are at a form of “Bargaining” where they tell their story about how it doesn’t really matter.

Or they are still wedged in “Anger”.

3E418CD2-6B64-4E6E-B78D-F84351C29593.jpeg

I honestly think part of the problem with a few of them is their “Normal Functioning” was not normal at all, the hubris and expectation levels were rediculous. So the fall has been very hard for them.

This baffles me, as a Melbourne supporter I always expected the worst which protected me against the inevitable fall - I don’t know why The Western supporters don’t have a similar defence mechanism. I guess one premiership turns some into a cocky dick.

I wonder if there is a 100 stages of gloating model?

Russian Demon

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
There’s a few who I think are at a form of “Bargaining” where they tell their story about how it doesn’t really matter.

Or they are still wedged in “Anger”.

View attachment 1280324

I honestly think part of the problem with a few of them is their “Normal Functioning” was not normal at all, the hubris and expectation levels were rediculous. So the fall has been very hard for them.

This baffles me, as a Melbourne supporter I always expected the worst which protected me against the inevitable fall - I don’t know why The Western supporters don’t have a similar defence mechanism. I guess one premiership turns some into a cocky dick.

I wonder if there is a 100 stages of gloating model?
We're about to find out :D

The best is that dickhead Boristown, who hasn’t been sighted since GF Night. Weak as piss.
what do you expect from a w***er that isn't even brave enough to admit which team he barracks for

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Now to the Carlton board discussing the retirement of Liam Jones:

Although I'm not impressed with Jones and other Anti Vaxxers decisions in life, for the community as a whole...

Liam Jones is a great bloke and an important Carlton Football Club past player, that has given us a lot to cheer about and he deserves respect...

The decision has been made, wish Jones all the best, time to move on and focus on the future...
A true positive, is that it gives someone like Young, McGovern, Marchbank or McDonald an opportunity to step up
take the spot and cement a spot in the best 22...

We will still be ok next year, it's a team game

Okay so the comment is pretty innocuous but the bit that surprised me was the poster suggesting that it is a positive by giving Oscar McDonald an opportunity to “step up”

Oh my. This is basically optimism elevated to dangerous heights.

Last edited:

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Melbourne like us in 2016, look unbeatable, but we didn’t even make finals in 2017, the hunger will have abated, it’s the other teams hungry for success we need to worry about.

I found this comment interesting. I mean we were the dominant team all year finishing top of the ladder. We also comfortably won each final. They finished down the bottom of the 8 and had an amazing run of form in the finals.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Some on the dogs board now claiming they were more upset over certain home and away losses than the grand final.
I mean sure we’d all have loved to have been at the game. But that’s a ludicrous claim.
Ah. So they’ve moved from a tantrum like a 6yo to that bit where you go “who cares - I didn‘t want it anyway”.

Russian Demon

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
I cbf finding it, but that thread is full of self congratulatory fluffing about how they were classy and modest in their victory, never deigning to troll or be entitled, insufferable pricks to everyone else.

I mean, there is revisionism, there is is revisionism and there is this.

Im sure a few of the muppets I have on ignore are being insufferably smug w***ers - but they were like that when we were a joke, so as far as I'm concerned the only thing that changed was the sensitivity of the downhill skiiers post walloping.

May 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Melbourne like us in 2016, look unbeatable, but we didn’t even make finals in 2017, the hunger will have abated, it’s the other teams hungry for success we need to worry about.

I found this comment interesting. I mean we were the dominant team all year finishing top of the ladder. We also comfortably won each final. They finished down the bottom of the 8 and had an amazing run of form in the finals.
The dogs haven’t made top 4 since 2010 despite the list they’ve had, they have their own mental demons to over come next year.

Last edited:

They’re deluded. Never mind that they heavily relied upon umpiring to win a prelim by under a goal.

Yeah, pfffft it's not like any time has ever gone back-to-back or anything! Must be because they all lose their hunger.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I saw this a while ago on the Bulldogs 2016 gf thread one poster mentioned how good it was winning the premiership at mcg infront of their Melbourne based supporters something like that. A Fremantle supporter called it out as salty. Boy did doggy supporters go after him, this comment has nothing to do with the 2021 grand final, we are just celebrating how good the win was ect. Along the lines of this.
Honestly you can't post something like that and not think that others would infer that it was rubbing in the fact that the Doggies broke their drought at the mcg infront of their home bases fans and Melbourne did it at away at Perth.

For the record not one Melbourne supporter gives a s**t about when and where, we're all still deliriously happy about the win.

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
I saw this a while ago on the Bulldogs 2016 gf thread one poster mentioned how good it was winning the premiership at mcg infront of their Melbourne based supporters something like that. A Fremantle supporter called it out as salty. Boy did doggy supporters go after him, this comment has nothing to do with the 2021 grand final, we are just celebrating how good the win was ect. Along the lines of this.
Honestly you can't post something like that and not think that others would infer that it was rubbing in the fact that the Doggies broke their drought at the mcg infront of their home bases fans and Melbourne did it at away at Perth.

For the record not one Melbourne supporter gives a sh*t about when and where, we're all still deliriously happy about the win.
I’m still devastated that it wasn’t at Docklands on a Sunday at midday in front of no crowd. #hollowvictory

Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
I haven't followed any footy news since the win. Liam Jones retiring because he's an anti-vax nuffy is ******* hilarious

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons

For the record not one Melbourne supporter gives a sh*t about when and where, we're all still deliriously happy about the win.
Oh it’s still going…

Don’t really have a thread to put this in - finally coming to terms with the grand final loss, geez I’ve ******* hated everything to do with footy since then. It was a sh*t night, and honestly fu** Melbourne the arrogant campaigners. They’re a sh*t club whose privileged list build and run sums up their privileged premiership, honestly zero respect for them and their cheating tanking ways. Their fans are campaigners too and I’m stoked they couldn’t witness the flag, as we did. May they never win one again.

but for us it’s the loss we needed, just look at the hawks and how similar our timelines are - you think they win the three peat without that loss in 2012? I wouldn’t have thought so. Not saying we’re going to win 3 in a row, but we have the best list in the comp only getting better, I hope that loss f*n burnt, we’re honestly in for such a ride over the next few years. We will win at least 2 flags in the next 5 mark my words, and frankly, 2 would be disappointing.

We’ll look back at this year as the year that set up our dynasty, no doubt in my mind about that

So this guy is “stoked” that supporters in Melbourne couldn’t go to the grand final. What type of campaigner thinks or says this? Truly incredible. Also I love that he has decided the loss (or should I say - embarrassing capitulation to score 7 to Melbourne’s 100) will mean that they will win a minimum of 2 flags in the next 5 years and he would be disappointed if they only get 2.

Bigfooty is ******* strange

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Oh it’s still going…

So this guy is “stoked” that supporters in Melbourne couldn’t go to the grand final. What type of campaigner thinks or says this? Truly incredible. Also I love that he has decided the loss (or should I say - embarrassing capitulation to score 7 to Melbourne’s 100) will mean that they will win a minimum of 2 flags in the next 5 years and he would be disappointed if they only get 2.

Bigfooty is ******* strange

If hawthorn win 2012 they win 4 in a row. Hawthorn also didn't get completely smashed in the 2012 gf. Maybe worry about winning a grand final first before calling a dynasty.

Back