Mega Thread COVID-19 Carlton & the AFL - NO POLITICS/NO RELIGION/NO CONSPIRACIES ETC

Remove this Banner Ad

Keyza

Premiership Player
Sep 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Haha you’re assuming that we’ve even heard from DHHS! No we’re not all in quarantine, just our four year old.
The fact that you have not heard from them doesn't surprise.
No one at my work, all 60 or so us, never heard a thing from the Health dept the second time.
The only contact we had was through work who let us know when we had to go for our day 13 test and to send the results into them.
Work were the ones who cleared us.
DHHS had no idea who else was in my household so they could have just gone out and about and no one would ever have known.

Ninja Worrier

All Australian
Jul 13, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
You can get more taking the Vaccine without being an experimental guinea pig. Different variants will require more injections....to what end and what will the cocktail mix of injections do to your body in the long term? No one knows and if you don't know then you don't force it on people.

More people will be more accepting to my mind if it becomes available in the form of a pill or drink like Yakult for example. But this is Dank on nitrous oxide.
Welcome to my ignore list

found object

Team Captain
Apr 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
The fact that you have not heard from them doesn't surprise.
No one at my work, all 60 or so us, never heard a thing from the Health dept the second time.
The only contact we had was through work who let us know when we had to go for our day 13 test and to send the results into them.
Work were the ones who cleared us.
DHHS had no idea who else was in my household so they could have just gone out and about and no one would ever have known.

This was a similar experience for us too.
My understanding is that normally in this scenario DHHS only deals with one or two main people from the workplace – Boss and/or HR person, and they then relay the information to staff. (Unless you're a positive case, then you'll hear directlly from DHHS as well)
We were in 14 day quarantine in July due to a workplace contact that had approx 200 staff affected, and none of the staff were contacted by DHHS either, but we were visited three times to be checked on to make sure we were home during those two weeks.

Last edited:

Donnini

Team Captain
Dec 16, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
You can choose whether or not to get a jab.

You can't choose your skin colour or gender or sexual identity or orientation.

Please have a semblance of critical thinking.

No you cant choose whether you can or not get the jab - people are losing their jobs and livelyhood in case you havent noticed.

Blueing

Senior List
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
As we are seeing around the world vaccination reduces severity of the illness as medicine suggest. We know that it isnt a life sentence for the majority of us if we are infected. Everyone is offered the vaccine and should be up to the individual to make the descision to be vaxxed or unvaxxed. People should not loose employment if they refuse, but they should fit all medical costs if they get severely ill and be bottom of the queue if the pandemic erupts and hospital beds become scarce. Thats my 2 cents i respect everyones descision and opinion as there is no right or wrong answer in the predicament we all find ourselves in. Much respect to all

AndyLucimitis

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
As we are seeing around the world vaccination reduces severity of the illness as medicine suggest. We know that it isnt a life sentence for the majority of us if we are infected. Everyone is offered the vaccine and should be up to the individual to make the descision to be vaxxed or unvaxxed. People should not loose employment if they refuse, but they should fit all medical costs if they get severely ill and be bottom of the queue if the pandemic erupts and hospital beds become scarce. Thats my 2 cents i respect everyones descision and opinion as there is no right or wrong answer in the predicament we all find ourselves in. Much respect to all

Personally I think this is a far more draconian and greater violation of someones rights (i.e. to medical treatment) than the vaccine mandate.

If you don't get the vax there is some leeway to leave your job and find a non-mandated job but if you get severely sick not sure you have much choice but to be treated.

Having said that it shits me to tears seeing all the un-vaxxed in hospital when it could easily be avoided !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
FEbzGljVkAQQ2Lv

mickelboy182

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 30, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets
I'm pretty nervous about SA opening up the borders next Tuesday. I'm trying not to stress though but nobody knows what to expect :(

Just have to expect cases but hopefully very few severe illnesses and death. A necessary step that is going to carry with it some unfortunate scenarios.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Dion Prestia and Noah Balta have been diagnosed with having Covid19. Not good news at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back