Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:

jj15

All Australian
Jan 10, 2008
Tasmania
AFL Club
Geelong
We haven't got an AFL team yet.

If so, there was talk about using the Tas Uni Sandy Bay site. Uni moving into the city will leave a lot of unused space & buildings.
Yer true. The quicker AFLTAS gets a good facility the better though as no point having a team and no Tasmanian players in the league.
Also the game in general needs more grounds that are football grounds all year round.

Phil49

Senior List
Apr 9, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
Clarence back tonight. Looking forward to seeing if we have in fact picked up anyone or if some of these names that have been mentioned are in fact leaving. Might head down for a look.

When is the AFLTAS futures report due out?
I see some teams have started training again, not much player news.

There certainly isn't much player news at the moment is there. All gone really quiet. Kingborough and North Hobart have been the biggest players so far picking up a few good players. Blackburn going elsewhere other than Clarence is surprising. We have been really quiet in this period. Lauderdale have done ok for themselves.

Barge

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2005
Bargeville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Claremont
There would have to be for him to even be interested wouldn’t there? He wouldn’t have moved to Tassie for peanuts and as others have said, the coin BFC would offer would be dwarfed by what he’d be on all up at Glenorchy?

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
There would have to be for him to even be interested wouldn’t there? He wouldn’t have moved to Tassie for peanuts and as others have said, the coin BFC would offer would be dwarfed by what he’d be on all up at Glenorchy?

He’s not at Glenorchy anymore

jj15

All Australian
Jan 10, 2008
Tasmania
AFL Club
Geelong
Matt Eagles not coming to Tassie, signed with Qld team.
Scott Wade will be president of Clarence within the month. Wants TSL disbanded I’m hearing.
Be interesting AFLTAS position on no jab, no play for season 2022.

cliffhanger

Draftee
Sep 27, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Does anyone have information on training numbers? I’m hearing The Clarence boys have been training hard at the Hockey centre and North Hobart have had solid numbers. Interesting to see if anyone else has started?

Apr 17, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Does anyone have information on training numbers? I’m hearing The Clarence boys have been training hard at the Hockey centre and North Hobart have had solid numbers. Interesting to see if anyone else has started?

Not really. Heard much the same. Am surprised at how little is happening player wise - Glenorchy losing Joey to Aspley is another big blow, can understand Davies wanting to go to hutchins after 7 odd years at TSL level, gave Tigers good service. Only actual signing in the last two weeks was North Hobart signing a kid from Devonport? Clarence have been mega quiet after a pretty big last 2 off seasons although their depth is better than any southern club.

Let’s hope Banks gets drafted tonight and another goes late.

Phil49

Senior List
Apr 9, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm actually worried about the roos. Numbers extremely poor. Not many older heads there. Seems we've lost so many and not recruiting anyone to add. Not impressed.

cliffhanger

Draftee
Sep 27, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Davies will be good for Hutchins. They will need a few more to be a threat to St Virgils. I did hear that the football director at Kingston got the flick for trying to get Capuano to coach behind The current guys back so there may be some issues there?

You can not underestimate Clarence. They have a talented young list so I’m sure they will surprise a few.

Lauderdale to be the big improvers in 2022.

jj15

All Australian
Jan 10, 2008
Tasmania
AFL Club
Geelong
Clarence had 12 at training half were 18s/Devils.
Glenorchy even worse I’ve heard.
Will be the most sided (towards Northern clubs) it’s ever been next year and that’s saying something.

jj15

All Australian
Jan 10, 2008
Tasmania
AFL Club
Geelong
Pies have to leave the league. The people running it have a responsibility to keep the club going. It can’t in the TSL. Best chance it has is to drop to SFL and pull on heart strings of players to come back. Dropping to SFL may give impotence to others to keep playing there as they may win some games.
I’m not a Glenorchy fan. Never have been. Genuinely concerned about them as a club though and the whole of Northern Suburbs football. If you think im over the top then do this- go to a training session of theirs. They have 10-12 players in attendance.

popsikle99

Team Captain
Feb 29, 2016
Aus
AFL Club
Richmond
Pies have to leave the league. The people running it have a responsibility to keep the club going. It can’t in the TSL. Best chance it has is to drop to SFL and pull on heart strings of players to come back. Dropping to SFL may give impotence to others to keep playing there as they may win some games.
I’m not a Glenorchy fan. Never have been. Genuinely concerned about them as a club though and the whole of Northern Suburbs football. If you think im over the top then do this- go to a training session of theirs. They have 10-12 players in attendance.

Glenorchy still exist, they just play at New town these days

Back