Movie Marvel Cinematic Universe - News, updates and discussion

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Don't agree, found the first an average but enjoyable comic book flick not unlike other pre MCU movies of the era. Definitely wasn't 'bad', and was well cast.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Don't agree, found the first an average but enjoyable comic book flick not unlike other pre MCU movies of the era. Definitely wasn't 'bad', and was well cast.
Your comparing it to Blade, Spider Man, X-Men.

I mean if you wanna compare it to say Daredevil it stacks up but against the three above (and their sequels probably barring Blade 3 and X-Men last stand). Nahhhh....

Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Theyve really gotta give up on the Fantastic Four. 3 swings and 3 big misses.

I hope they make it work but good lord that seems destined to fail.
I have faith that Marvel will know what to do with it , they have already set up Galaticus with the Enternals so they would have a solid plan in place for the first family

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
I have faith that Marvel will know what to do with it , they have already set up Galaticus with the Enternals so they would have a solid plan in place for the first family
I hope so, i mean i get why they gotta use them, first family of Marvel and all but the last three outings have been bad.

I did read a really good artcile about why they just dont work anymore (along with Superman) and it was actually pretty good.

Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I hope so, i mean i get why they gotta use them, first family of Marvel and all but the last three outings have been bad.

I did read a really good artcile about why they just dont work anymore (along with Superman) and it was actually pretty good.
Yeah but the other 3 have all been misused and misunderstood by other companies , Marvel will do it justice

Your comparing it to Blade, Spider Man, X-Men.

I mean if you wanna compare it to say Daredevil it stacks up but against the three above (and their sequels probably barring Blade 3 and X-Men last stand). Nahhhh....
I thoroughly enjoy Daredevil and it is happily a hill I am willing to die on :tearsofjoy:

I’m more worried that they will stuff up the xmen when they finally do it after watching Enternals ….it has me really worried
I didn’t mind Eternals but it certainly didn’t deliver what I thought it would and I felt like it only really went at half rat-power.
I think some of the negative stuff that has been written has been a bit over played though.

I’m with you on the worry about X-Men though.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
I need to see the directors cut of Daredevil that bumped it up to an MA, but yes, it's bad but ok.

Thomas Jane Punisher is good, not great, but I reckon good.

Punisher is a franchise it took 3 goes to get a real good one.

Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Fox nailed the casting in their X-Men, that's the biggest hurdle Marvel would have to overcome, how do you compete with Patrick Stewart or Hugh Jackman?
Yeah but they still misused the xmen I mean when you relegate slim as a simp in the background it’s clear you don’t understand the xmen

and the less said about the black leather the better, I really hope they don the traditional bright costumes and have a full understanding of how the team is actually suppose to work rather than making it a love soap opera of Jean and Logan

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Costumes reminds me, the biggest inclusion that F4 would have on the universe is the explanation behind the stretchy clothes like Hulk's shorts, etc, if I remember correctly weren't they made by Mr. Fantasic?

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Fox nailed the casting in their X-Men, that's the biggest hurdle Marvel would have to overcome, how do you compete with Patrick Stewart or Hugh Jackman?
This. Big shoes to fill which can be done (Tobey Maguire got recast, Wesley Snipes will be Mahershala Ali and going out of Marvel Reeves and Bale being re cast seemed impossible).

Hugh, Berry, Stewart still feel like Downey Jr, Evans and Scarjo to me right now, just so so hard to see anyone else as those characters.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
This. Big shoes to fill which can be done (Tobey Maguire got recast, Wesley Snipes will be Mahershala Ali and going out of Marvel Reeves and Bale being re cast seemed impossible).

Hugh, Berry, Stewart still feel like Downey Jr, Evans and Scarjo to me right now, just so so hard to see anyone else as those characters.

Spider-Man is easy to recast I reckon, I disagree Blade will be a recasting that wins over fans of Snipes, and Batman is kinda like James Bond, built for recasting.

Back