List Mgmt. 2021 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Any chance you guys will get any sort of compensation(draft picks) considering Liams one of your more important players and he’s only retiring because of the rule that has been brought in
No. Reading the tea-leaves here Carlton are so hard done by (by the AFL, umpires & media) we'll probably be penalised. Which is good in a way as it helps justify our strong victim narrative.

No. Reading the tea-leaves here Carlton are so hard done by (by the AFL, umpires & media) we'll probably be penalised. Which is good in a way as it helps justify our strong victim narrative.

Exactly...people rail about our penalties for breaching the salary cap and maybe they were a little harsh but seriously, one can't keep 'poking the bear' and then complain about a reaction.

We were not victims...we were transgressors.

Amused Gold Coast have now lost Hugh Greenwood to North.
Please Carlton, grab Rory Thompson so we can make this the double shot to their stupidity of de-listing both.
Tried to get too clever and deserve to lose both of them.

I’m a bit baffled by Brad Lloyd’s comment that “we would not necessarily look for a like for like replacement for Jones” in either the draft or supplementary selection .
With Jones gone we seem very light on both in terms of quality and quantity for genuine key position players - both forward and back.
I obviously understand we aren’t going to pick a proven AFL quality KPD through either the draft or SSP but you’d think it’s just become our No.1 priority to at least have some more back up options.
Assuming LOB and Cotts get added as rookies the we have 3 vacant list spots so I’d be hoping we add at least 2 key position players to give us some semblance of depth.

I’m a bit baffled by Brad Lloyd’s comment that “we would not necessarily look for a like for like replacement for Jones” in either the draft or supplementary selection .
With Jones gone we seem very light on both in terms of quality and quantity for genuine key position players - both forward and back.
I obviously understand we aren’t going to pick a proven AFL quality KPD through either the draft or SSP but you’d think it’s just become our No.1 priority to at least have some more back up options.
Assuming LOB and Cotts get added as rookies the we have 3 vacant list spots so I’d be hoping we add at least 2 key position players to give us some semblance of depth.

To me it reads as if they aren’t going to change who they plan to pick up in the draft - especially our first pick. So we shouldn’t be shocked when our first pick is a mid forward type.

Our recruiting team seem to have penciled in getting a key position player in next years draft as there’s apparently a lot of good talent coming through then. We will probably add some more KPD depth in a late draft pick or supplemental as cover but our Jones replacement for 2022 isn’t going to be someone who plays like Jones - and it’s likely someone from our current list like a Marchbank, McDonald, Kemp or McGovern.

Jones was a great lockdown defender and a great intercept mark - we can split the roles so that say Marchbank or McDonald is the lockdown and Kemp or McGovern is the intercept defender (loose player who is mostly on the resting ruck man).

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

from the club's perspective, it's the same effect as if he were. An AFL rule (I happen to agree with) has resulted in a player not being available to play for Carlton. Not the club's fault.

He wasn’t forced into retirement. He chose to retire.

To me it reads as if they aren’t going to change who they plan to pick up in the draft - especially our first pick. So we shouldn’t be shocked when our first pick is a mid forward type.

Our recruiting team seem to have penciled in getting a key position player in next years draft as there’s apparently a lot of good talent coming through then. We will probably add some more KPD depth in a late draft pick or supplemental as cover but our Jones replacement for 2022 isn’t going to be someone who plays like Jones - and it’s likely someone from our current list like a Marchbank, McDonald, Kemp or McGovern.

Jones was a great lockdown defender and a great intercept mark - we can split the roles so that say Marchbank or McDonald is the lockdown and Kemp or McGovern is the intercept defender (loose player who is mostly on the resting ruck man).

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That’s good money ball thinking. Make it up in the aggregate. I like it.

I will miss of Jones game but not others.

from Carlton's point of view, that makes no difference. A rule change leaves us short one player.

No it doesn’t - we’ll be able to replace him, either via the draft or SSP.

We’ve lost an important player, but we’ll have the same number of players on the list as we enter the 2022 season.

We’ve lost an important player, but we’ll have the same number of players on the list as we enter the 2022 season.
my point is the AFL should compensate us, or any other club in the same position. A rule change has led to a substantial disadvantage, whether he resigned or was forced into retirement is a moot point.

my point is the AFL should compensate us, or any other club in the same position. A rule change has led to a substantial disadvantage, whether he resigned or was forced into retirement is a moot point.

They are compensating us. We’ll be able to replace him.

What else can they do? They’re not going to give a priority pick.

The 2nd window for delisted free agents ends today, doesn't seem we are going to take anyone as a DFA. So draft or SSP, it is.

I can't find reference to this

Thursday 25 November at 10.00pm – Rookie Upgrade Period opens; AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences

Thursday 25 November at 11.00pm – Rookie Upgrade Period closes; AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes

Friday 26 November at 10.00am – AFL Club List Lodgement (3)

Oddly, I can't find in on the afl site, but it's on club sites, such as:

No they shouldn't. That sets an awful precedent about how older players might be moved on. Negotiate a payout, call it a retirement, roll on compo. Not cool.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back