B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not too sure about that !!!

I'll only post this as the mods have mentioned open slather but

He left the Crows for money and thats understandable as they were under paying him but Gold Coast gave him a bloody good contract to set him up for retirement and on a decent term. He has now clearly left for $$$ again and he would have had to have agreed to be delisted to go onto the rookie list.
North have come with more $$$ and he has just walked for the cash and turned his back on the suns - Thats a big F.U

But clubs dont approach players that their clubs want to keep and all clubs know this , Says alot about North and their club imo as much as Greenwood

Feel for you guys

We have a history of going after players, the short Ten Year Rule was rescinded because we poached start players from other clubs in the 70s. Went after Young a couple of years ago and took him from under the nose of the Dogs.

I suspect there may be more behind the scenes that we are unaware of.

At 29 Greenwood was never going to be a part of your first premiership.

You have a heap of quality on your list, an a decent group of 3-4 years players.

Opens up midfield for Hollands, Rowell and Anderson to dominate. An coin to help keep those stars.

I am a Hawk fan an i know who i would want from your list and it is not greenwood ( played a short term role).

Suns have next to zero good senior players. Giving them away for nothing in return is bad business.

I think you are massively off the mark.

but you do you.

BigSchlong9

Debutant
Oct 12, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
So any chance you can delist Izak Rankine and Jack Lukosius....

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
We have a history of going after players, the short Ten Year Rule was rescinded because we poached start players from other clubs in the 70s. Went after Young a couple of years ago and took him from under the nose of the Dogs.

I suspect there may be more behind the scenes that we are unaware of.
Agree and thats fine as a player is uncontracted and is open to offers and to move

But this situation is different and all clubs are struggling with list spots and management due to clubs list sizes being cut by the AFL and clubs struggling to keep decent level of talent and have to adjust lists between Senior and Rookie list. Richmond didnt want to cut Biggie or Cumberland but needed to similar to other clubs.

Greenwood had to have agreed to be cut as he was contracted and it was to facilitate this , Its well accepted clubs dont approach contracted players whilst in contract that clubs want to keep.

This was wrong from both North and Greenwood

But clubs dont approach players that their clubs want to keep and all clubs know this , Says alot about North and their club imo as much as Greenwood

Prestia, Caddy, Lynch lol.

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Agree and thats fine as a player is uncontracted and is open to offers and to move

But this situation is different and all clubs are struggling with list spots and management due to clubs list sizes being cut by the AFL and clubs struggling to keep decent level of talent and have to adjust lists between Senior and Rookie list. Richmond didnt want to cut Biggie or Cumberland but needed to similar to other clubs.

Greenwood had to have agreed to be cut as he was contracted and it was to facilitate this , Its well accepted clubs dont approach contracted players whilst in contract that clubs want to keep.

This was wrong from both North and Greenwood
Lol, you would say that wouldn't you. The #1 whiner and roo's baiter on your board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Southern Sun

Club Legend
Mar 6, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Shocked at first but now thinking its not all doom and gloom. We were prepared to offload McPherson and a pick to free up cap space. Whilst greenwood is a bit better than McPherson he isnt replaceable. Swallow can play his role and gives more midfield minutes to Anderson, hollands and maybe Davies. His mature body helps these guys but this could give them more responsibility and see them thrive. Maybe the extra $$ can be used to keep our emerging stars.

gangsta deluxe

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Rajasthan Royals!!!
Commiserations to you all and undoubtedly stupid list management.

Nevertheless this is utterly disgraceful behaviour by Greenwood. He's agreed to a strategy with the club in good faith, and then he leaves you with nothing - less than you would get from trading or another move. It is highly unethical and shows a complete disregard for the fortune of the Suns as an organisation, prioritising short term self interest, and breaking an agreement made between him as an individual and the club. If there were any misgivings about the delisting strategy in the first place he could and should have aired them but it looks like he did not do that.

Pretty piss poor by Norf also, they didnt negotiate with you, they saw a chance to screw you over when you had no bargaining position at all. I do hope you return the favour (dont take the poisoned Polec chalice though...)

KingCoasters

Senior List
Jun 22, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
As much as I’m hating the suns right now for their part. What an absolute grub Greenwood is. I’m not one to hate parting players but this bloke made the list

Greenwood and Noble were at the Crows together.

Noble has been on to him a long time.

“He and ‘Nobes’ (former Head of Football David Noble) even came and visited me in the States. When they made the effort to get over there and have a look, that’s when I knew I was going to trust them.

https://www.afc.com.au/news/281105/grass-is-greener-for-hugh

Noble tried to get him to Brissy too

Sounds like Noble wants him as a coach too.

Looks like Noble sniffed a chance and a long time relationship paid off.

Shocked at first but now thinking its not all doom and gloom. We were prepared to offload McPherson and a pick to free up cap space. Whilst greenwood is a bit better than McPherson he isnt replaceable. Swallow can play his role and gives more midfield minutes to Anderson, hollands and maybe Davies. His mature body helps these guys but this could give them more responsibility and see them thrive. Maybe the extra $$ can be used to keep our emerging stars.

I see you are up to stage 5, I'm still back at stage 3

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
Cats put him up after Caddy approached them with his relationship with Prestia
Richmnd didnt ask until caddy spoke with Cats

was well reported at the time

Oh jeez that's some epic tribalistic spin there. Prestia...a Richmond player, spoke to Caddy...a Geelong player, about moving. Now call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure that Caddy wouldn't ask to move if he didn't know that Richmond had already signed off on a possible move.

You don't tell your current employer 'oh I want to go work somewhere else, hopefully we can get that sorted'...before actually finding new employment.

I know this conflicts with your purist version of Richmond being saints and not approaching anyone under contract - but they did. They also did the same with Lynch too, which was well publicized for nearly a year. Every club does it, stop acting like you guys are any different - you just look ridiculous otherwise.

Oh jeez that's some epic tribalistic spin there. Prestia...a Richmond player, spoke to Caddy...a Geelong player, about moving. Now call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure that Caddy wouldn't ask to move if he didn't know that Richmond had already signed off on a possible move.

You don't tell your current employer 'oh I want to go work somewhere else, hopefully we can get that sorted'...before actually finding new employment.

I know this conflicts with your purist version of Richmond being saints and not approaching anyone under contract - but they did. They also did the same with Lynch too, which was well publicized for nearly a year. Every club does it, stop acting like you guys are any different - you just look ridiculous otherwise.

You can't see all the other posters dropping like flies?

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
You can't see all the other posters dropping like flies?

It is therapeutic for me in these times of trouble to deal with idiots who refuse to follow the most basic of instructions

CaptainWorpedo

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2021
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Suns have next to zero good senior players. Giving them away for nothing in return is bad business.

I think you are massively off the mark.

but you do you.

You can not cry over spilt milk. What is done, is done nothings going to change it. An sulking about it will not change a thing.

All you can do is learn from it and look for positives. I rate Miller and Weller. Anderson and Rowell has had a few pre seasons at the club, should be ready to step up. An add Hollands and Davies to the mix.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back