Rumour North Melbourne recruits Hugh Greenwood?

Remove this Banner Ad

No the 'dog move' was delisting a Best 22 player to put on your rookie list, all because the club couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery.

This is probably one of the most embarrassing things I've seen happen from a draft perspective. If you're not prepared to lose a player, don't delist them and say you'll rookie them again.

We did it with Abbott a couple of years back, and St Kilda then 'poached' him as ruck back up - but he was just a fringe player. Doing it with Greenwood who's easily in their Top 15 players, was just an insane gamble - that has now blown up in their face in the most spectacular fashion.

This club seriously needs to be folded already.
Agree. And hes way better then best 22. Probably top 5.

Its just mind blowing incompetence.

I know the Suns will get whacked for this, but they'd obviously spoken to Greenwood, got his agreement to the move and now IMO he's done the 'dirty' on them.
Sure he's a professional footballer who has a right to look after himself, but can't say I like the way this has gone.
They did the dirty on him by asking a player of his quality on their list to agree to such a ridiculous idea in the first place.

They did the dirty on him by asking a player of his quality on their list to agree to such a ridiculous idea in the first place.
He was under contract, he could have said no.

To quote Greenwood;
"Was happy to cop the odd clickbait article & social nuff if it meant assisting the club's overall list strategy"

He was under contract, he could have said no.
Not the point, it was disrespectful to even ask him in the first place. If you treat an employee with disrespect, don't be surprised if they quit without notice.

All I can say is hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sh*t by all parties I think

Is it though? I can see an argumemt that it's s**t by gold coast and s**t by Greenwood but North have an obligation to pick the best players available.

This might stop clubs playing around with players they want to keep.

There has been a gentlemen's agreement in place, or at least implied. I wonder if it's simply a matter of not being scared of the Suns being able to poach a player back the other way? If so, the Suns are going to have to get ruthless at some point.

Meanwhile, I need to check out the list of dfa's on a promise to get picked back up. Admittedly, I thought Greenwood was the pick of them. Very silly by the Suns.

This isn't a new idea, Geelong did the same thing to us 7/8 years ago when we delisted Cameron Delaney with the aim of redrafting him.
And St Kilda did the same to us a couple of years back when we were going to redraft Abbott but they put a 2-year in front of him

Sure he's a professional footballer who has a right to look after himself, but can't say I like the way this has gone.
Why would anyone put a football club, let alone an absolute rabble, ahead of their own family? Dunno about anyone else but I definitely put the interests of my wife and kids ahead of my employer. Surely any normal person would.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back