Who is the best shooter of all time?

Who is the best all time shooter in NBA history?

• Jason Kapono

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mike Penberthy

• Nikola Jokic

• Terry Mills

• Mark Price

• Kyle Korver

• Mike Miller

• Dale Ellis

• JJ Redick

• Brent Barry

• Antoine Walker

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

and setting a high water mark , records bound to never be broken , because you have to get in the rotation* young , be a volume* marksman within a couple of years in the rotation , and ELEVATE* yourself beyond all other blue-chip marksmen so it is your number the coach calls and plays are run for you , ex-Phoenix coach Earl Watson said(on the Gilbert Arenas podcast) when Jason Tatum came in for pre-draft workouts on leaving Kentucky he ran off 38 threes in a row without miss , Melbourne Tigers Robert Sibley won a post-practice(after-training I mean) threepoint competition nailing 25 of 25 from the five perimeter spots , and he shot as much as Warren Giddey (ie. none, in games that is)
anyone can shoot with their feet set , Steph's true ability may be Superman Rip Hamilton

# SUPERMAN

* and the new shooting wunderkinds will not end in Trae Young , there will be a lot more depth with Young/Curry/Thompson/Robinson ability , so paradoxically , the water (talent) tide may be deeper (warrenbuffet on depth lifting all boats) but differentiating yourself above all other boats will be MUCH harder
#JohnForbesNash #gametheory #AdvancedInstitute #CarnegieMellon #NobelLaureate triangulation bro

Could you not write in black

Could you not write in black
I was explaining points why Steph Curry's records will never be exceeded
i) paradoxically so , he has created the depth(competition) beneath him
ii) competition is less prevalent on the opposition's defense by Simmons/Kawhi/Thybulle but on your o.w.n. rotation... see for example: Duncan Robinson's prevalence when Herro and Strus are filling the boxscore

* like Steph Curry , we have Duncan Robinson drawing down(withdrawing assets) on the annuity he built with the records and his mere presence on the floor will alter the defensive set-up of opponents , giving his four offensive teammates (more)room to operate with less susceptibility to help defense .

Steph Curry is a bit different and his usage is far different as Robinson rarely if ever will put the ball on the floor. I think the term is heliotrope, with all defensive gaze towards Steph and whether or not he has the ball in his hands or reception pattern he is running off screens without ball , all defensive and offensive eyes are on Curry

But fidstar has Harden being second of all time , is that a contradiction or does fidstar dislike Steph , I am indifferent to Curry ,Trae , Klay ... but a soft spot for Herro and Thompson

Would you say Trae is the most curry like player ?

Obviously a levels below but he's only a young lad
Trae and Herro have ice veins , Herro reminds me of Kobe

Answer to question , yeah Trae Young's game is v. similar to Steph Curry , and he gets deep in the defense , and he has a lob target in John Collins (whom I called c.l.a.r.k ^)like Lamelo has Bridges and LBJ has AD

Trae is all-nba like luka , precocious , Simmons had all that potential but would not all his offensive game to evolve , his defense would be among the best ever with a decade under his belt , can guard 1 thrust 5 , only LBJ had such diversity on the defensive side , with honourable mentions to AD and Garnett

The next half dozen years will produce many elite marksman , the 88-93 half-decade boon in the NBL needed to wait two decades before Exum Bolden Simmons imposed themselves , but this was because basketball was a third or fourth ranked sport , about +/-10th on the ladder , but the US it is almost one for the first time with NFL suffering a Kaepernick malaise , and mlb struggling with yesteryear sentimentality. Hutchie put his money behind nbl with Larry kestleman

Why do you keep this rhetoric about Trae being like Steph. They don't play anything alike.
no player is an imitation
but the way he penetrates the defense into the heart of the key and finds teammates is similar , his range undoubtedly so , only Steph LeBron Liddard and Trae need to be picked-up/closed-out at half-court

edit: typo spellcorrect^ <penetrates> penetrative

Last edited:
Allow me to ask the question again.

Who is the most similar player?
ask it in the negative or meta

Sans Steph going ballistic in 15/16 and 16/17 is Trae Young still Trae Young 2021 iteration? Is he merely a 1990 Michael Adams alongside Orlando Woolridge at Denver under Paul Westhouse's run'n'gun he runs at Loyola Marymount ? I ask this to you fidstar

Allow me to ask the question again.

Who is the most similar player?

Not Trae.

Trae is a ball dominate point guard who scores predominately inside and sets up his teammates.

Steph predominately works off the ball and shoots from the outside and does a mountain of work screening.

Trae probably hasn't set a screen in 6 months.

ask it in the negative or meta

Sans Steph going ballistic in 15/16 and 16/17 is Trae Young still Trae Young 2021 iteration? Is he merely a 1990 Michael Adams alongside Orlando Woolridge at Denver under Paul Westhouse's run'n'gun he runs at Loyola Marymount ? I ask this to you fidstar

I'd answer if I had any idea what the questions was.

Not Trae.

Trae is a ball dominate point guard who scores predominately inside and sets up his teammates.

Steph predominately works off the ball and shoots from the outside and does a mountain of work screening.

Trae probably hasn't set a screen in 6 months.
Steph sets screens as his route , these are dummy screens to keep defense confused , they are another layer or wrinkle on the Rip Hamilton routes , nothing more* the fact he may be able to free up Draymond or a big when they make a cut , is neither here nor there and does not contradict my point
As Kerr moved to a constant motion offence and had the ball in Draymond's hands , also does not change the point , the heliotropic structure of their offence is based around Steph and Trae , they may run things differently according to the players at their disposal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Little fiddie what's the capital of Sweden?

It's not moscow
If you want an answer, maybe Lillard? Realistically no one though.

Lillard is probably the closest in ability to shoot the ball both catch and shoot and off the dribble. But that is only half of his game.

Lillard and Trae do not move off the ball anywhere near as well as Steph which is what separates him from other 'shooters'

Lillard is probably the closest in ability to shoot the ball both catch and shoot and off the dribble. But that is only half of his game.

Lillard and Trae do not move off the ball anywhere near as well as Steph which is what separates him from other 'shooters'
Mark Jackson coach offense pre Steve Kerr

Whether or not Curry's record eventually get broken which I'm sure they will with how the game is going, it's the fact he changed the game that will never be taken away.

There is a legitimate conversation to be had if the GSW win the championship this season that would be his 4th. LeBron has 4 too, Curry would then have a real case to be the best player of this generation.

Whether or not Curry's record eventually get broken which I'm sure they will with how the game is going, it's the fact he changed the game that will never be taken away.

There is a legitimate conversation to be had if the GSW win the championship this season that would be his 4th. LeBron has 4 too, Curry would then have a real case to be the best player of this generation.
wonder if a big like gobert is in Kerr's game day stratagem to anchor defense or a covongton type to swat away shots

Last edited:
wonder if a big like gobert is in Kerr's gamely stratagem to anchor defense or a covongton type to swat away shots
Yeah depends if Robinson is on the dial for over 360's and if Lowry/Butler dont use layups in a three point contest compared to Shaq in retirement and his propensity for clerical errors in the field of FG shooting. But if Kerr wants Curry to dribble, I'd make sure he is the 5th percentile which is equivalent to Herro/Dragic on the break.

This.

You really need to compare Steph to two players. Pick a Lillard for when he has the ball and pick a Thompson/Miller for off the ball.

He's unique.

No idea why people want to compare others to him. He's a unicorn.

Last edited:

Very true.

No he doesn't.

Back