Oppo Camp Former Freo player watch

Remove this Banner Ad

c8e074096ae8b0cd336f5ce0d88cb266.jpg

Please be Adam Cerra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saad is the name i have seen floated.

Duman signed with Frankston in the VFL and Bewley going to play in Ballarat with his junior football club called the Darley Devils where his younger brother will play.

Darley was my Junior club. Produced elite tools like Heath Scotland.

Zack Butters apparently from there as well.

North Ballarat won a 3peat of premierships in the VFL when they had a part alignment with North Melbourne (who were also partly aligned with Werribbee) but have since lost their license - though it seems they are trying to get back in. Frankston who have never been an alignment club for AFL teams , also dropped out of the VFL for a couple of seasons but have since made a return.

I guess a lot of the restructure of teams in the VFL is to do with the move the the AFL teams to have their own reserves teams - so its interesting that Bewley and Duman as ex-AFL players have gone to non-aligned VFL clubs - well in Bewley's case back to country football.

Zack Butters apparently from there as well.

North Ballarat won a 3peat of premierships in the VFL when they had a part alignment with North Melbourne (who were also partly aligned with Werribbee) but have since lost their license - though it seems they are trying to get back in. Frankston who have never been an alignment club for AFL teams , also dropped out of the VFL for a couple of seasons but have since made a return.

I guess a lot of the restructure of teams in the VFL is to do with the move the the AFL teams to have their own reserves teams - so its interesting that Bewley and Duman as ex-AFL players have gone to non-aligned VFL clubs - well in Bewley's case back to country football.

Why any club would want to play in the new VFL is beyond me. Unless they are attached to a pokies venue it makes no financial sense.

You need about 300k per year just for the wages of the players, and that is if you are ekicky enough to be in an area with enough bottom end talent to get you by.

Ballarat would be even worse, having to get part time footballers interstate then a 90 minute bus ride to play in 5 degree temperatures.

Hard pass for me.

Footy in 5 degrees is very harsh...but..if they haven't ripped out the few remaining open fires at a few of the old pubs..its a very cosy way to spend the evening....not a fan of north Ballarat lots of fam and friends played for them in the 70,s and 80,s,always good place to watch out for a blue though.
Who are Darley.. I left a long time ago..always favoured a redan social club satnight.

On SM-T510 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Footy in 5 degrees is very harsh...but..if they haven't ripped out the few remaining open fires at a few of the old pubs..its a very cosy way to spend the evening....not a fan of north Ballarat lots of fam and friends played for them in the 70,s and 80,s,always good place to watch out for a blue though.
Who are Darley.. I left a long time ago..always favoured a redan social club satnight.

On SM-T510 using BigFooty.com mobile app

They are in Bacchus Marsh, almost Melbourne these days with the sprawl out past Rockbank and Melton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few backhanders at Freo in that article.

Tobe showed he was capable at AFL level but he was always depth at the club. And unfortunately for him, we have plenty of options in the backline. I wish him all the best with the rest of his footballing career.

Hope he goes well too. Showed enough, if he'd come at another time he may well have carved out a career in defence like Hughes has.

Would like to see him get another crack somewhere.

Heard some discussion on radio last night that Jesse Crichton has signed with East Fremantle for 2022, and there is a story online confirming it.

Also, reporter McArdle suggesting last night that Tobe Watson likely to get an AFL offer as a train-on player in the pre-season, speculating he could go to West Coast with Shepherd retiring.

Heard some discussion on radio last night that Jesse Crichton has signed with East Fremantle for 2022, and there is a story online confirming it.

Also, reporter McArdle suggesting last night that Tobe Watson likely to get an AFL offer as a train-on player in the pre-season, speculating he could go to West Coast with Shepherd retiring.

No, no, no, no .......... No.

Black Ducks >>>>>>>> Gummies >>>>>>> Eagles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back