tropicaltiger

🏆2017 🏆2019 🏆2020
Jan 4, 2002
cairns
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Snakes
Not sure why all the keyboard warriors are having a go at Andy. I think it's partly jealousy.
i don't like andy or dislike him a bit annoying but here's one for the haters......he would outkick at least 90% of the peeps on this thread. and most by double. that in my books give hims credits, same with mark robinson and mike sheahan.

Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond
i don't like andy or dislike him a bit annoying but here's one for the haters......he would outkick at least 90% of the peeps on this thread. and most by double. that in my books give hims credits, same with mark robinson and mike sheahan.
i dont mind maher on shows like before the bounce. but his show with murphy was pure dribble, thats probably murphy's fault. im glad he's off to coaching.

i mean hutchy is a fat bald sweaty guy, pretty ugly, but look at this abhorrent creation:

eI004kl.png

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
Seriously? You could find the dumbest bloke in country football and he'd probably "outkick" plenty of posters. Does that make him a broadcaster?

A bizarre statement.

tropicaltiger

🏆2017 🏆2019 🏆2020
Jan 4, 2002
cairns
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Snakes
Seriously? You could find the dumbest bloke in country football and he'd probably "outkick" plenty of posters. Does that make him a broadcaster?

A bizarre statement.
i get your point as a broadcaster but he also takes calls from punters that call for his opinions, assessments and judgements on football tactics and some of the finer points of the game.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
i get your point as a broadcaster but he also takes calls from punters that call for his opinions, assessments and judgements on football tactics and some of the finer points of the game.
And being able to "outkick" people means he's got that covered?

There have been plenty of players more accomplished than Andy Maher who shouldn't be anywhere near a microphone.

TheNextPicken

He can go on the left
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
New York Rangers
He came into my uni a couple of years ago to talk about working in the media (few of us were sports journalism students) he was quite pleasant in hearing about our stories and what we wanted to do and then sort of explained how he got into the sports media caper and the main thing I took out of it was how badly he wanted it.

Is he the best commentator out there? I wouldn't think so, I think he's much better doing those talk shows. However, I've got the utmost respect for him for sticking himself out there as much as he can, working hard and earning a living. Plus I've never heard anyone say anything about him being a crap human being.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
He came into my uni a couple of years ago to talk about working in the media (few of us were sports journalism students) he was quite pleasant in hearing about our stories and what we wanted to do and then sort of explained how he got into the sports media caper and the main thing I took out of it was how badly he wanted it.

Is he the best commentator out there? I wouldn't think so, I think he's much better doing those talk shows. However, I've got the utmost respect for him for sticking himself out there as much as he can, working hard and earning a living. Plus I've never heard anyone say anything about him being a crap human being.
Yeah, he must be a nice fella. Or he works for free.

5ammy

Club Legend
Jun 16, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He must have had a fair few pints before the show last night, could barely string a sentence together when talking to Beefy.

blueboy25

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
West Perth, Tottenham
He must have had a fair few pints before the show last night, could barely string a sentence together when talking to Beefy.
There was a couple of times he struggled more than usual to get his words out. Thought he might have been having a medical episode.

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Mentally preparing myself for Maher to be calling AFL games in 2022.
Imagine Maher and Hamish calling Friday night footy together especially with lots of people getting covid late notice, like the test cricket earlier this year.
Ugh

Jul 22, 2021
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania Devils
i dont mind maher on shows like before the bounce. but his show with murphy was pure dribble, thats probably murphy's fault. im glad he's off to coaching.
I used to feel sorry for Bob Murphy being on the same show as Maher! Imagined him going home after each session shaking his head thinking I'm gonna have to figure out a way to escape...

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
I used to feel sorry for Bob Murphy being on the same show as Maher! Imagined him going home after each session shaking his head thinking I'm gonna have to figure out a way to escape...

And escape, he has.

Feb 4, 2001
East Burwood
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
You have to admire his doggedness. He knows he’s enormously disliked but he just puts his head down and ploughs on. On cracking coin, living a good life, he’s laughing his **** off. You wanna make me look like a d/head on the front bar ? He couldn’t give a *. carlton, lpool and the patriots, hit with the sporting ugly stick .

Back