QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Couple of clubs public about entering new sides in the Friday leagues.

Any others we can expect? Is promotion and relegation still a thing or seemingly optional now like in the Saturday comps?

Couple of clubs public about entering new sides in the Friday leagues.

Any others we can expect? Is promotion and relegation still a thing or seemingly optional now like in the Saturday comps?

Sounds like a few div 2 teams interested in adding a 3rds traditionally hasn’t been very successful but if they got the numbers and it’s getting people games then I wish them all the best. I have assumed promotion and relegation will continue as long as there is no restructure of the competitions. Friday nights seem to be growing what are peoples thoughts on Friday night 1 team clubs playing Saturdays?

Sounds like a few div 2 teams interested in adding a 3rds traditionally hasn’t been very successful but if they got the numbers and it’s getting people games then I wish them all the best. I have assumed promotion and relegation will continue as long as there is no restructure of the competitions. Friday nights seem to be growing what are peoples thoughts on Friday night 1 team clubs playing Saturdays?
I’m 100% behind Friday night teams playing Saturday games where travel is a factor! It’s a big ask for Sunshine Coast teams to get to Gold Coast and Ipswich on a Friday night and vice versa!

We at Zillmere tried that a couple of years and we’re sternly knocked back. In fact we tried this year when our numbers were massive during preseason. The league said no. Be interesting now a bigger club wants to do it and is already advertising it. We lost 20+ potential players because of it. We were trying to build back to two teams and Saturday footy which was made harder with the rejection.

We enquired as well and were told that you can't have 2 x Friday night teams.

Wonder if they asked and got a yes, or weren't aware it's not allowed?
Just imagine if they got a yes. A few would be filthy I'd say. Has to be just didn't check with HQ.

Wasn't North Shore their Div 4 team?

Nth Shore played out of Fisherman's rd on oval 4 as they didn't have good enough lights. In actual fact this is exactly what should happen imo in that Maroochy embrace Nth Shore as their "div 4 side" and make sure they are travelling along okay with numbers and even the odd resource or 2 as well if needed. Makes much more sense than trying to compete against them and Hinterland who are endeavouring to get a side off the ground as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All speculating, but you'd think from the 10 sides this year

Collingwood Park up/Bribie down? if promotion/relegation is still even a thing now. Any others?

Hinterland
Kedron
Maroochydore (?) to come in. Who else?

Couldn't they do 3 Friday night divisions, 17 is to much for 1 div
Whatever they do it will need to allow for the year after.
Friday nite will explode if the Colts are disbanded.
I'd say a few clubs are trying to set a team up this year in advance.
The whole landscape of Friday nite footy is changing.

Whatever they do it will need to allow for the year after.
Friday nite will explode if the Colts are disbanded.
I'd say a few clubs are trying to set a team up this year in advance.
The whole landscape of Friday nite footy is changing.
Which is why its silly that maroochy are even considering because they will be one of the clubs up here with a Colts side still.
Maybe every one plays each other once next year? (16 games)

Which is why its silly that maroochy are even considering because they will be one of the clubs up here with a Colts side still.
Maybe every one plays each other once next year? (16 games)
They already have a Friday team. But it looked like they want two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back