• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sack Hinkley in the middle of the Christmas pageant

Selected Neade and Sam Gray to ride Nipper and Nimble over Robbie and Trav:

25BD6039-DE72-4264-919D-C1BC9B3793A7.jpeg

“nah, I wouldn’t do things differently Rooch. all we can do is make the best decision for us based on the best available information we have at the time, and that’s what we did — I was a genius when I took Jasper trick-or-treating and he came home with 20-odd creme eggs”

This mathematical formulae of the Football theory of relativity needs to recognise that a is relative to b to r as other entities and each is relative to all other entities. It is not a singular a to b but a multi entity analysis. More theorising required🏗

Really disappointed you have not explained our progress in terms of blue-shift vs red-shift and theorised that the more teal we wear the closer we are to a premiership. #missedopportunity

Unless of course you've already assumed that having an AFL controlled board means we are in a blackhole of mediocrity.

View attachment 1279331

“nah, I wouldn’t do things differently Rooch. all we can do is make the best decision for us based on the best available information we have at the time, and that’s what we did — I was a genius when I took Jasper trick-or-treating and he came home with 20-odd creme eggs”

To be fair, knowing the houses handing out creme eggs is an actual genius move so I’ll give it to Kenny on that one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 1279331

He doesn't mention that instead of just handing the creme eggs over, Jasper tried to evade 3 tacklers and got run down, resulting in egg on face for all concerned.

Um, elephant in the room.

Both. Obviously sack Hinkley, but get a recruiting job, avoid the hard choices of KPP’s and inside mids who have a high failure rate and take safe flankers. Sure the club goes nowhere, but individual failures are harder to pinpoint. Marshall and MG and a bunch of later picked KPPs where they go ‘well it was only pick 70!’ Shows Port hasn’t been immune from this lack of courage in our recruiting (to go with our lack of courage everywhere else in the club), during the 3K era.

Um, elephant in the room.

The plot twist for us was that,

2015 — 9th
2016 — 10th
2017 — 7th
2018 — 10th
2019 — 10th

Weren’t ever considered a run of ‘3 bad seasons’ because Hinkley fulfilled the brief to make the eight in 2017, with Casual Keith declaring it a pass and duly handed him an extension 🤪

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both. Obviously sack Hinkley, but get a recruiting job, avoid the hard choices of KPP’s and inside mids who have a high failure rate and take safe flankers. Sure the club goes nowhere, but individual failures are harder to pinpoint. Marshall and MG and a bunch of later picked KPPs where they go ‘well it was only pick 70!’ Shows Port hasn’t been immune from this lack of courage in our recruiting (to go with our lack of courage everywhere else in the club), during the 3K era.
Our recruiting may not have been perfect, but it’s far from bad. Sometimes, the right choices don’t work, but it doesn’t mean they were mistakes.

Moreover, let’s remember that recruitment is done in accordance with the head coach’s wishes. The football department points out what they believe to be the squad’s needs, and the list management works to fill those gaps in.

Our recruiting may not have been perfect, but it’s far from bad. Sometimes, the right choices don’t work, but it doesn’t mean they were mistakes.

Moreover, let’s remember that recruitment is done in accordance with the head coach’s wishes. The football department points out what they believe to be the squad’s needs, and the list management works to fill those gaps in.

You are absolutely on the money re `recruitment is done in accordance with the head coach's wishes' GP, Choco's `get me Salopek' was a classic example of that.

A coach may not always get who he wants, but the chances of the recruiting staff drafting or trading for a player, ( particularly the latter ) who he doesn't want has to be highly unlikely.

You are absolutely on the money re `recruitment is done in accordance with the head coach's wishes' GP, Choco's `get me Salopek' was a classic example of that.

A coach may not always get who he wants, but the chances of the recruiting staff drafting or trading for a player, ( particularly the latter ) who he doesn't want has to be highly unlikely.
I've taken it that coaches should have quite a bit of input into free agents chased, as they are going to be the ones who'll be immediately playing to the coaches game plan. They should have some in trading, but not be the main voice. With drafting they should have minimal input. Unless you're Port '10 year coach' stupid, drafted players you hope will be around long after the coach has departed, even if they are a success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back