Society/Culture Is bigfooty mature enough to discuss consent?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing wrong with either of these requirements. Both are open to abuse, afterwards, of course.
If you are a guy you would want to make sure you have consent in a message app beforehand and always wear a condom

"...Attorney-General Jaclyn Symes on Friday announced changes to the Crimes Act, to specify a person must confirm they have received consent for sexual activity.

The government will also amend laws to make it explicit that stealthing - the removal of a condom or other protection during sex without the other person's knowledge or consent - is a crime...

If you ask for consent, is that implicitly giving consent? It isnt really, is it?

Then there's consent for all the miryad forms of activity - do they get codified? - I cant see how this legislation is easy.

And if a person engages in activity unconsenting (but otherwise cool - you know, whats 'normal' now) does that person have means to blackmail the other?

Could vigilantes entrap people?

The burden of proof will still be on the prosecution so unless there is a traceable receipt system to prove consent im not sure this changes much. I think they are trying to cause attitudinal change not law reform per se.
It can only be that, like fining parents for taking kids out of school too much

It does add a slight chill to the ordinary relationship but these are the times. Hopefully it does help those current and future victims.

Not that I'm 'deep' in this life phase, but it might be refreshing to just have direct conversations rather than the usual cat and mouse.

'but forget sponteneity darling, thats the past'.

Make no mistake this law is aimed at men, for obvious reasons. soceity expects men to take the sexual initiative.

If I was a male currently in the dating scene I think I'd approach it something like;

"can I just respectfully say that I wont take any sexual initiative here, and that if that is your expectation, you should ask for that explicitly. I think I would take such a request favourably"
Put a bit of humour in it, but you are being respectful both to the female and the law, opening that conversation, rather than play some outdated seduction game.

The law has actually encouraged you to be direct, and they cant put anything in the law which is gender specific, cos thats discrimination.

I have already authored an "application for sexual gratification" form which must be filled out by any woman wishing to make use of my time and experience.
I am working on an app.
It links to the covid vaxx app.

I have already authored an "application for sexual gratification" form which must be filled out by any woman wishing to make use of my time and experience.
I am working on an app.

And therefore the MyGov app. ScoMo and all future Prime Mininsters/Presidents will know when you've been rooting!!!!

There should be crowd noises and a 'Wa-Hey!!!' on each successful post-coital login.

I am working on an app.

Brings a whole new meaning to 'double jabbed'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure they have apps for this.Only thing is you can't consent under the influence, so personally I wouldn't risk it.

Be interesting asking for someone to download an app for consent.

Consent is also a fluid thing. Just because I said 'yes' 20 seconds ago, doesn't mean 'yes' now.

I see there’s broadcast advertising in NSW which is a step in the right direction but the ones which mentions ‘sex’ aren’t broadcast fta but in social media

Seriously can you request and recieve consent for sex without using the word sex?

Looks like something the ‘just say no’ crowd would pull.

Last edited:
On the day victoria introduces stron consent law, a female journalist publishes this

It’s confidence guys

Well sweetheart this kind of law isn’t going to boost confidence. But maybe they don’t want the law to apply to ‘attractive’ men?

Hmm, approach single-looking women in random retail shops, no s**t never thought of that.

Average looking middle-aged guy: Hey, baby gir...
Pepper spray to the face

On the day victoria introduces stron consent law, a female journalist publishes this

It’s confidence guys

Well sweetheart this kind of law isn’t going to boost confidence. But maybe they don’t want the law to apply to ‘attractive’ men?
Confidence and consent can go hand in hand.
I know a bloke that broke up with his missus on the phone at the footy then immediately turned to a random chick sitting beside him and says "Excuse me, I just broke up with my fiance, can I bury my face in your lap?"

This bloke isnt attractive by any standard whatsoever but has enjoyed phenomenonal amounts of success with women over the journey through shameless persistence alone.

Let’s zone out the physical and emotional violence, but unless the females want to make all the running (which isn’t normally their preference) then they need to go with the ‘you need to kiss lots of frogs to find a prince’ line

Unless it requires both parties (focussing just on twosomes here) to consent, it’s a discriminatory law.

Also females reserve the right usually to decide if sex is to take place, but if a guy dares to refuse advances the other way, it’s seen as a massive insult

Sorry ladies, all that is over. If you want the old days, head overseas for sex tourism, which you prebaly will.

Of course I’m not condoning sexual violence in any form

Unless it requires both parties (focussing just on twosomes here) to consent, it’s a discriminatory law.

Also females reserve the right usually to decide if sex is to take place, but if a guy dares to refuse advances the other way, it’s seen as a massive insult

Sorry ladies, all that is over. If you want the old days, head overseas for sex tourism, which you prebaly will.

Of course I’m not condoning sexual violence in any form
I think you're conflating the negative effects - ironically - of patriarchy on men (the perception that we're always sexually available) with the concept of informed consent.

It's a bit interesting that you're blaming women for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back