The off topic thread 5.0

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Anyone see the race last night? I'm not a big Hamilton fan but he was unbelievable last night. Drove beautifully and didn't get flustered by Verstappen running him off the track. Just backed himself and his passing manoeuvre was magnificent. I don't like to compare them but it was a very Schumacher in his prime drive from Lewis.

My only query is where the * have Mercedes found this pace this weekend from? If Red Bull can't win this year then pencil in Mercedes and Lewis for another 3-4 years.

Anyone see the race last night? I'm not a big Hamilton fan but he was unbelievable last night. Drove beautifully and didn't get flustered by Verstappen running him off the track. Just backed himself and his passing manoeuvre was magnificent. I don't like to compare them but it was a very Schumacher in his prime drive from Lewis.

My only query is where the fu** have Mercedes found this pace this weekend from? If Red Bull can't win this year then pencil in Mercedes and Lewis for another 3-4 years.
Same time as Aus beating NZ so nah not this time.

Thistle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory

My only query is where the fu** have Mercedes found this pace this weekend from? If Red Bull can't win this year then pencil in Mercedes and Lewis for another 3-4 years.
Incredible racing from Hamilton all weekend, although it is a wonder where they found this extra pace from. Last three races should be epic.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees

I only have a passing interest in F1 overall, however I followed this one closely. From where Hamilton was poised a few days ago, to then conjure a win from that position, that’s legendary stuff. Amazing victory.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets

Helps when you have a massive engine advantage. That Engine has to do max 3 races so they pumped up the party modes.

Good drive, but not great. Helped by a sprint race where no one wanted to defend and lose a wing.

Also didn't get flustered? he bitched and moaned about the tyres like usual. Schumacher just got on with it. So does Verstappen.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Those looney anti Andrews government protestors last night are just making it easier for Dan The Man to get back into power next election, next year.
I myself am not happy with how the Andrews government has handled many of the issues during COVID crisis, but I sure as **** don't want to give those extremist right wing, ignorant mouth breathing pissants last night any validiton to their toxic behaviour

In fact calling them pissants is giving them too much credit, uneducated, needlessly paranoid Murdoch media brainwashed lowlife Scum is a far more apt description.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Those looney anti Andrews government protestors last night are just making it easier for Dan The Man to get back into power next election, next year.
I myself am not happy with how the Andrews government has handled many of the issues during COVID crisis, but I sure as **** don't want to give those extremist right wing, ignorant mouth breathing pissants last night any validiton to their toxic behaviour

In fact calling them pissants is giving them too much credit, uneducated, needlessly paranoid Murdoch media brainwashed lowlife Scum is a far more apt description.
Bunch of ******* knobs. Disgusting human beings.

Oshka

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
A couch I bought online just arrived after a twenty week wait (the website said it would come in 6-8 weeks). I took it out of its packaging and not only was it ugly af, it was extremely hard and uncomfortable to sit on. On their website they called it “extra soft”. They even have a softness scale where it’s at the softest level. It cost me $3.5k and they want to charge me $500 to return it to Sydney, 10% for a repackaging fee and a 35% restocking fee, so basically I’m getting f*** all of my money back

I’m an idiot for buying a couch online, but surely advertising a couch as “soft” when it feels like I’m sitting on concrete is misleading? I also feel like their terms changed since I purchased it. I swear the return policy was that I just had to pay a delivery fee of $500 within 48 hours and I received a full refund. Can anyone who is good with this kind of stuff advise? 35% restock charge is a f***ing joke.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
A couch I bought online just arrived after a twenty week wait (the website said it would come in 6-8 weeks). I took it out of its packaging and not only was it ugly af, it was extremely hard and uncomfortable to sit on. On their website they called it “extra soft”. They even have a softness scale where it’s at the softest level. It cost me $3.5k and they want to charge me $500 to return it to Sydney, 10% for a repackaging fee and a 35% restocking fee, so basically I’m getting f*** all of my money back

I’m an idiot for buying a couch online, but surely advertising a couch as “soft” when it feels like I’m sitting on concrete is misleading? I also feel like their terms changed since I purchased it. I swear the return policy was that I just had to pay a delivery fee of $500 within 48 hours and I received a full refund. Can anyone who is good with this kind of stuff advise? 35% restock charge is a f***ing joke.
Don't know how it works back home but over here you get special protection if you purchase something on your credit card over a certain value (£100 I think) and what's delivered isn't as advertised. The Bank refunds your money and sorts it out with the supplier.

Is the return policy at the purchase date not included in your invoice or the info they sent you at the time of the purchase? If there are discrepancies you can raise them with the company and regulators. When you enter into a contract you cannot change the terms of said contract without all parties agreeing to it.

$3.5k for a couch and it's turned out to be crap? If you have time, spam the s**t out of their online reviews, I found that to be an effective way to get Land Rover and a few other big companies to change their stance. You tend to get a customer friendly customer relations person talk to you rather than a campaigner whose job is to * you over.

Just absurdly good, but helped by a few factors: the new power unit, the sprint race reducing the impact of the Quali DQ and the track being very suited for straight line speed.

Looks like it's been edited now? Says it's been dumped on the headline but the tweet still says approved.

Can you talk to fair trading or consumer affairs or something? They might be able to say whether what they're doing is reasonable or not.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg

Being brand new it may soften up as it wears in. But yeah couches you normally need a "feel" for em.

Wasnt a designer place up in Nunawading by any chance? I bought a couch for my old girl from there for 3k, took 3 months to arrive after I paid up in full up front.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal

A negative product review also tends to work.

But why on Earth would you buy a couch online lol.

FYI Berkowitz & Oz Design have some great couches.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Sorry to hear that Gosh, seems a very steep fee to return it. Hope you can sort something out.

Still recommend the Spinemelter 2000.
Still going strong after 20+ years.

1o0_QMY5jonaOZlURhFL9XjWv2M=.gif

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
MPs with second jobs. One of Boris’ MP mates ‘works’ as a consultant for a Lab company. Last year that company was awarded two contracts worth a total of £500m!! without any other company allowed to bid. MP ‘represented’ the company in discussions with the Minister who awards contracts…yes hard to believe…and even harder to believe MPs (not Ministers) are allowed second jobs.
Sounds a lot like the Obeid 4 Corners from a few weeks back, but using the pandemic to line pockets is even more disturbing

Don't MP's get enough kickbacks on the side already to not need a second job? Talk about greedy mofos.

I saw one comment about it that was bang on:

These aren't second jobs, these are payments for them to do their primary job differently.

Yeah I dunno how you can by a couch without sitting on it first. Such an important piece of furniture.
At full price yeah needs to pass the arse test.

Bought an unused blue 2 seater of FB Marketplace unseen and unsat on but was only $50.

Has proved a bargain as a study/man cave couch.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
They weren't off by much but looks like the Burnet model may have underestimated impact of vaccination on transmission and severe illness. Bodes well for SA & Qld about to open up + starting from zero, and for other states who are a few months ahead. Should hopefully see some recalibration on these estimates + policy settings as more data is collected.

Last edited:
Back