Hugh Greenwood debacle

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess once we get over the Greenwood debacle, next week will be draft time AND that gives us a chance to get Bella into the squad plus Pick 3 and presumably Rory (if he's not nabbed before our turn). Does it still mean we can keep Townsend as a rookie? I'd love to have him in the side the week we play NM just for the fun value!

In all seriousness, has anyone heard from Cochrane yet?

He has been interestingly quiet in the midst of all this

He either needs to fire some idiots quick smart or consider resigning depending on how much he knew about what was going on. He doesn’t seem very savvy compared to other presidents. “Stuff” just keeps on happening with this club that just shouldn’t occur. And that’s coming from someone who quite likes the Suns. They deserve better…

Well its awful in every way except one. I'm going for the silver lining here. We need genuine rivalries and now we have a reason for one. Yes it was our stupidity, yes North were entirely within their rights to capitalise on our arrogance but that wont stop us being genuinely salty at them 😊 So this is the origin story for a good old fashioned rivalry with 2 pretty evenly matched clubs. What fun.
And the club that snubbed their noses at relocating to GC.

so Clayton has screwed us over again? He must’ve made it his lifelong mission to destroy us after we sacked him.

I think this has far more to do with Noble, than Clayton. Noble & Greenwood have connections going back generations. North also have Tom Lynch from the Crows, so he won’t be short of mates at North

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He either needs to fire some idiots quick smart or consider resigning depending on how much he knew about what was going on. He doesn’t seem very savvy compared to other presidents. “Stuff” just keeps on happening with this club that just shouldn’t occur. And that’s coming from someone who quite likes the Suns. They deserve better…
Yeah
No, because the final list lodgement before the draft was Nov 10
it could’ve been lodged just not announced

"Our preference would be that Hugh Greenwood played with us in 2022. It's a slight deviation from that."
Come on now.

Surely someone loses their job? Hugh's a giant dick of course (poached for his great character?!?), but Cameron can't be sleeping at night – he'd have most of the fingerprints on this. Terrible start for Wayne Campbell too.

If the AFL hasn't at least called Alastair for a chat it would be some form of neglect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Our preference would be that Hugh Greenwood played with us in 2022. It's a slight deviation from that."
Come on now.

I read that and was like WTF!! A slight deviation?? It’s not even just a major deviation. It’s a total deviation!!!

Piss poor from Evans.:thumbsdown:

Can’t spin this any other way than a major *-up for our on-field plans in 2022.

Surely someone loses their job? Hugh's a giant dick of course (poached for his great character?!?), but Cameron can't be sleeping at night – he'd have most of the fingerprints on this. Terrible start for Wayne Campbell too.

If the AFL hasn't at least called Alastair for a chat it would be some form of neglect.
Yeah, I would say Cameron should be in firing line.

I also agree that Campbell was poor in his interviews.

How's greenwoods knee coming along? Will he be ready for round 1? Let's just wait and see how this plays out, remember he's 30, dodgy knee, if he doesn't bounce back and Bowe and Flanders prosper in the middle could be a genius move, although they do need some maturity within their team

Well its awful in every way except one. I'm going for the silver lining here. We need genuine rivalries and now we have a reason for one. Yes it was our stupidity, yes North were entirely within their rights to capitalise on our arrogance but that wont stop us being genuinely salty at them 😊 So this is the origin story for a good old fashioned rivalry with 2 pretty evenly matched clubs. What fun.
You know the AFL tried to move us up there before youse were even born. You could work that in somehow.

I want to know what he learned in that 24 hours?

What he will learn is the North has form for bringing in high priced recruits , then mid draft shafting them so they can’t reach triggers etc ( think Polec , think Pittard ) A lonely life playing in VFL for North’s affiliated club … Werribee … Tasmania … or is it Aspley ????
Then with a favourite son ( Tarrant ) they completely treat with contempt with a lowball contract .

Poor Hugh will learn . The hard way.

Hope it’s a front ended contact .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think this has far more to do with Noble, than Clayton. Noble & Greenwood have connections going back generations. North also have Tom Lynch from the Crows, so he won’t be short of mates at North

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
On the radio Nobes said that his old man and Greenwood's grandad played full back and back pocket together at North Hobart and I've also heard elsewhere (can't vouch for its veracity) that Nobes and Greenwood's Dad played together there as well.

How's greenwoods knee coming along? Will he be ready for round 1? Let's just wait and see how this plays out, remember he's 30, dodgy knee, if he doesn't bounce back and Bowe and Flanders prosper in the middle could be a genius move, although they do need some maturity within their team
He's fine to play and has been cleared to train. 30 years old but started AFL at a later age so doesnt have the durability issues of someone who's played 10+ years and the bumps and bruises that come along with that. Has he done his knee more than once in his career?

It's weird that posters on big footy think that AFL players are loyal to clubs like they used to be when they played Under 10's.
Imagine if your employer came and told you that despite being one of the best performed members of the organisation, they were standing you down and probably would put you back on later when things improve (I'm referring to the Suns and Greenwood).

The employee would be rightfully hurt, and insecure, but would put a brave face on it. Not like he has any power in the relationship. (Greenwood again).

Then a rival company recognises his value and agrees to provide him with regular employment and a slight pay rise. (North this time).

The employee takes the other job. (Greenwood).

What a mercenary, disloyal prick the employee is. Apparently.

It's weird that posters on big footy think that AFL players are loyal to clubs like they used to be when they played Under 10's.
Imagine if your employer came and told you that despite being one of the best performed members of the organisation, they were standing you down and probably would put you back on later when things improve (I'm referring to the Suns and Greenwood).

The employee would be rightfully hurt, and insecure, but would put a brave face on it. Not like he has any power in the relationship. (Greenwood again).

Then a rival company recognises his value and agrees to provide him with regular employment and a slight pay rise. (North this time).

Come of it mate, Greenwood was hardly blindsided it was an amicable discussion. The club approached him with the situation, he agreed it was all good then North approached him with an offer that was too good to refuse. Suns didn't want to match the new contract and he's now a shunboner (typo but it's funny so i'm leaving it). Suns are Idiots and Greenwood isn't not a dog.

Nice story. The only issue is that Hugh fully agreed to the process and was happy to do it apparently for the club he loved. According to Boswell, GCB he told the club he would reject any offers. He left for money and the prospect of a job post footy while braking a handshake deal. Dog act. But that's just me. Yes, stupidity on Suns part but to be honest, I am glad Hugh is gone. Pretty s** attitude in my book, definitely not a fabric player as some commentators try to portrait him.

The two parties had an agreement. Greenwood told the Suns hierarchy he would reject any offers, with the 29-year-old able to set the terms on a contract at the draft, and re-join the Suns.

Nice story. The only issue is that Hugh fully agreed to the process and was happy to do it apparently for the club he loved. According to Boswell, GCB he told the club he would reject any offers. He left for money and the prospect of a job post footy while braking a handshake deal. Dog act. But that's just me. Yes, stupidity on Suns part but to be honest, I am glad Hugh is gone. Pretty s** attitude in my book, definitely not a fabric player as some commentators try to portrait him.
Yeah
My post in the trade thread after the news broke re his delisting about him taking one for the Club based on his character and senior leadership role aged really badly really quickly
He's a fake- but a good one because he had all of us fooled

Remove this Banner Ad

Back