The Serious Covid Thread - For Those Who Want Serious Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

You guys are a joke. People have a right to protest against vaccine mandates and a right to protest against Dan's pandemic bill. It doesn't make them anti-vaxers. I'm am fully vaxxed but I believe people have freedom of choice in this country. There were 10's of thousands at that protest and yes probably 100K+. Keep on believing the fake news guys.

You guys are a joke. People have a right to protest against vaccine mandates and a right to protest against Dan's pandemic bill. It doesn't make them anti-vaxers. I'm am fully vaxxed but I believe people have freedom of choice in this country. There were 10's of thousands at that protest and yes probably 100K+. Keep on believing the fake news guys.

Protesting against a vaccine mandate during a pandemic actually kind of makes one an anti-vaxxer but what's also evident here is that being fully vaxxed clearly doesn't endow one with perspective.

Countries like Austria are declaring lockdowns for the unvaxxed due to the burden they are imposing on the health system. Take a walk through an ICU ward for an unforgettably enlightening experience.

As for the protesters consider what the turn-out would have looked like if instead of the freedom warriors it was attended by the people that actually did the right thing. What would the turnout have been? 4 million+?

From the ABC:

Screenshot_20211117-074352_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think one single poster has said that you don't have the right to protest.

Most posters are just saying your cause is all over the shop and misguided. Also it's infiltrated by morons and trouble makers.

100K plus?? - You're not helping yourself. I know that a lot of posters on Telegram has numeracy issues, but come on.

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
No one has ever said you can’t protest. Well maybe during lockdowns you can’t.
But as we’ve seen, relaxed restrictions bring back the right to protest. Despite the lockdown protests saying you would never be allowed to protest again.
what we do object to is the constant misinformation being pedalled by the highjackers of the legitimate protesters.
We object to the hanging of our elected leader.
No matter his affiliation, this isn’t America and we don’t condone assassination.

*edit* I forgot. If you’ve never been to the MCG at full capacity, then you are excused from thinking that was anywhere near 100K.
And the funny thing is, it’s those who maintain there was 100K supplying the video that clearly shows there weren’t.

I think there are valid causes, but the whole thing is a mess where too many things are being protested at once. Those who hate lockdown and want to throw out Dan's bill, yet have nothing against the vaccines have become a part of the anti vax movement - and the misinformation that has the potential to bring about lockdowns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard on New Tonight while Cases are Staying the Same the Number of People in Hospitals are Falling.

Showing the Vaccine is Working
Even cases staying the same is good news - the vaccine is working better than expected, as they were projecting cases to rise once lockdown was lifted.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Even cases staying the same is good news - the vaccine is working better than expected, as they were projecting cases to rise once lockdown was lifted.
By comparison, Europe moving into winter is a mess, particularly Russia. With a 4th wave hitting the continent and those with booster shots few and far between, the next 5 months look pretty bleak there, reflected in the plummeting oil price and share prices of travel companies. Freedom demonstrations are more violent on the continent than anything we have seen here. PNG, the Solomon Islands and other Pacific Islands have been the victims of misinformation campaigns like our indigenous folk and their populations have all too readily swallowed the negative stories spread about vaccines.

If we thought the world was overcoming the covid curse and re-establishing a level of normality, perhaps we need to temper our optimism. The pandemic looks to be far from over. Ignorance, complacency and stupidity seem destined to prolong the virus' grip on much of the world.

By comparison, Europe moving into winter is a mess, particularly Russia. With a 4th wave hitting the continent and those with booster shots few and far between, the next 5 months look pretty bleak there, reflected in the plummeting oil price and share prices of travel companies. Freedom demonstrations are more violent on the continent than anything we have seen here. PNG, the Solomon Islands and other Pacific Islands have been the victims of misinformation campaigns like our indigenous folk and their populations have all too readily swallowed the negative stories spread about vaccines.

If we thought the world was overcoming the covid curse and re-establishing a level of normality, perhaps we need to temper our optimism. The pandemic looks to be far from over. Ignorance, complacency and stupidity seem destined to prolong the virus' grip on much of the world.
It's gone back a year with Asia, Australia and NZ looking like they know what they're doing and Europe and America looking like a bunch of idiots.

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Probably. But it should be peak season in Israel and they seem to have gotten it back under control with their booster doses. Getting a high booster dose percentage could be the battle.
Was at my doctors today and I need to get my booster by end of December, early Jan.
Despite my needle phobia, I’ll be rolling up my sleeve and taking the vaccine knowing that I am protecting my spouse, my elderly parents, my workmates and my community.
This whole vaccination process isn’t about myself, it’s about everyone else.
Wonder why the hold outs don’t understand this?

NMBB

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Was at my doctors today and I need to get my booster by end of December, early Jan.
Despite my needle phobia, I’ll be rolling up my sleeve and taking the vaccine knowing that I am protecting my spouse, my elderly parents, my workmates and my community.
This whole vaccination process isn’t about myself, it’s about everyone else.
Wonder why the hold outs don’t understand this?
The "hold outs" refuse to look at the science because their behaviour is driven by their emotion which centres entirely on themselves - it would be a big ask indeed for them to read the book on the development of the Astra Zeneca vaccine by the scientists at Oxford who worked their arses off to help humanity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back