FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Also just started succession. Just finished the premiere. It was a good start but I'm hoping at some point some of the characters will become likeable.

Suits comparison pretty funny.

The Great - Stan

A mostly accurate portrayal of Catherine the Greats early Russian years

Elle Fanning plays Catherine and Nicholas Hoult plays Tony from Skins playing Peter the not so great

Whimsical and a fun romp but don't expect drama

The Great - Stan

Elle Fanning plays Catherine and Nicholas Hoult plays Tony from Skins playing Peter the not so great

I hated Tony Stonham. Absolute prick they was too self absorbed

Recent shows I have watched in recent months I would recommend

Halt and Catch Fire - Binge

The Billion Dollar Code - Netflix

Temple - SBS On Demand

Making a Murderer (Documentary) - Netflix

Mr Mercedes - SBS On Demand

Also just started succession. Just finished the premiere. It was a good start but I'm hoping at some point some of the characters will become likeable.

Suits comparison pretty funny.

I stopped watching Suits because didn't like any of the characters.

There's more humour in the Succession characters. Roman comes out with a couple of doozies every episode. Greg cracks me up. Tom can be hilarious.

Watching The Outlaws, a UK comedy-drama written by and co-starring Stephen Merchant. Several people are performing community service and find a bag of drug money. Uneven in tone but has its moments.

In one scene they're planning to break into the supervisor's office and they're using trash on the ground to mark each person's movements while creating a distraction...

Merchant: Why am I the used condom?
Christopher Walken: Because you're thin and full of spunk and that's a compliment now pay attention :D

Watching The Outlaws, a UK comedy-drama written by and co-starring Stephen Merchant. Several people are performing community service and find a bag of drug money. Uneven in tone but has its moments.

In one scene they're planning to break into the supervisor's office and they're using trash on the ground to mark each person's movements while creating a distraction...

Christopher Walken: Because you're thin and full of spunk and that's a compliment now pay attention :D

Keen to watch this one. Is it streaming somewhere?

I watched the first episode and was disappointed.
Will persevere though because Christopher Walken. Hopefully it improves now that the characters and settings have been established but some of the humour was really lame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Great - Stan

Pans across a girls choir singing a traditional song

' these are the girls of the Chernobyl Church Choir'

'' They glow''

I watched the first episode and was disappointed.
Will persevere though because Christopher Walken. Hopefully it improves now that the characters and settings have been established but some of the humour was really lame.

Yep, it's not must-watch tv but I'm sticking with it because the series only runs for six episodes and Walken is always great to watch.

Keen to watch this one. Is it streaming somewhere?

Not sure about streaming, don't subscribe to any, but available *ahem* elsewhere.

Re: watched Blue Murder (1995) on Netflix. Roger Rogerson and Neddy Smith didn't mind a beer or twenty. 😅
Then I followed it up with watching the sequel Blue Murder: Killer Cop (2017) which is on You Tube. The original still stands up. Richard Roxburgh and Tony Martin are world class. Gary Sweet is pretty good as Christopher Dale Flannery. His rant about the StKilda FC is a classic. The sequel whilst entertaining & worth watching lacks the hard edge of the original.

Last edited:
The Assassination of Gianni Versace on Netflix. 2 episodes into a 9 episode mini series.

A flashy depiction of the murder of the fashion icon. It's perfectly fine but after a blistering TV hot streak (The Bureau, Curb Your Enthusiasm and Mr Robot - all top 5 favourites) this can't help but be underwhelming.

Watched Deadwood again over the last few weeks. What a great show. Ian McShane is a must watch actor
My favourite all time show and character.

I could watch the show continuously on a loop.

The Assassination of Gianni Versace on Netflix. 2 episodes into a 9 episode mini series.

A flashy depiction of the murder of the fashion icon. It's perfectly fine but after a blistering TV hot streak (The Bureau, Curb Your Enthusiasm and Mr Robot - all top 5 favourites) this can't help but be underwhelming.
I thought it was brilliant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back