Socceroos World Cup Qualifiers Third Round - Australia V Saudi Arabia/China

Remove this Banner Ad

Embarrassing. Absolutely embarrassing. 2 from 9 last three games.
Better hope Oman holds Japan. Not going to qualify second in the group.This is what you get for rehiring an absolute dinosaur of the game. Couldn’t do it with such a talented squad in 2007. * off Arnold

Substitutions a disaster again.

Arnold playing favourites with Grant, who can’t defend nor cross, Sainsbury who’s playing for a farm league ahead of Degenek, who only played due to Souttar out.
Irvine has been woeful last three games.
Arnold doesn’t deserve a World Cup squad, if we get through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We all saw Arnold tactically shits the bed when they signed him In 07 and in the A League, staggered they went ahead with it. Second spot should have been just about sealed and instead we did a massive bottle job in Japan, didn't punish the Saudis when we were all over them, and now salvage a point against China?

Surely you sack Graham now and give a new manager the time between now and the next break to get this campaign back on track before Arnold bungles it and we miss out.

Last edited:
The penalty was harsh, but they do generally give them don’t they?

Wasn‘t our penalty against Denmark at the World Cup virtually the same?

Disappointing result but I’m just fairly resigned to the fact that we’re just not very good.

I’m expecting we’ll need to qualify through the playoffs again.

So it seems we'll have to qualify that hard way again just like 4 years ago when we beat Syria and Honduras via playoffs. Tbh I'm not shocked the squad is garbage.

I haven't seen the scores and didn't watch the game, but let me guess, defensively stout largely due to crap opposition, but completely incompetent in attack? I'm thinking controlled the midfield but no one had a clue or did anything meaningful in the final third.

FFA needs to bite the bullet and sack him now before it’s too late. There is no way we are getting 6 points against Japan and the Saudis (away) to directly qualify with the pathetic tactics we are using.

imagine doing opposition analysis on us, would take all of 10 seconds. Yeah, it’s not the golden generation but we have enough talent to beating China comfortably.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back