Not open for further replies.

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
we cant trade our 1st pick
We absolutely can, you just can't trade out of both the 1st & 2nd rounds in the next draft
We have 2 x 2nd rounders, so we can trade our 1st pick, especially if we take 2 x 1st rounders this year

Though even if you were right, it would be pretty easy to get a future 4th round back as part of the deal

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
We absolutely can, you just can't trade out of both the 1st & 2nd rounds in the next draft
We have 2 x 2nd rounders, so we can trade our 1st pick, especially if we take 2 x 1st rounders this year

Though even if you were right, it would be pretty easy to get a future 4th round back as part of the deal
I cant seem to find it but it was talked about on the drafts board that if you trade out 2 picks in 2 different rounds you couldnt and if you traded out 1st you needed to have the other 3 rounds in place (not original picks but a spot in these rounds)

I could be wrong but thats what stuck in my head from that

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
I cant seem to find it but it was talked about on the drafts board that if you trade out 2 picks in 2 different rounds you couldnt and if you traded out 1st you needed to have the other 3 rounds in place (not original picks but a spot in these rounds)

I could be wrong but thats what stuck in my head from that
I think what was meant is you can't trade out of both the first 2 rounds of the next draft, they don't care about later rounds as long as you take the 3 players each year

DoItForCaptBlood

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2008
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
Has trading for picks stopped until the start of the draft??

If it has how many draft picks can RFC have for this year?
Finished Monday I think. We can have 38 main list and 6 rookies, but we have Colina, so 5 rookies.
We had 9 come off the list of 44, so 35. Then one came in, 36. Two more to be rerookied, so 38. We can go to 43 ( only one cat B).
So I calculate we can only take our 5 picks we have.
But I am sure someone will find an error there somewhere... If anyone can understand the explanation anyway... 😧

David C

All Australian
Aug 16, 2017
Noosa
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
Lets not speak too soon !!

I can easily see St Kilda taking Biggy from under our noses as he was their academy kid and we took him , Looks like gentlemans agreements no longer hold water with some sh!t Stain Clubs.

Hope clubs go all out on Norf's kids now
You don't remember Richmond picking up Todd Banfield on the rookie list a few years back?? After Brisbane had committed to re-rookie him. All clubs do it.

David C

All Australian
Aug 16, 2017
Noosa
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
Someone else on another thread in another forum said maybe Gold Coast will want a pick now, like one of our second rounders, because they where planning on picking up Greenwood in the draft but now can't. They have a few futures Gold Coast at the moment I believe

I find it interesting. I suspect Gold Coast might have thought this was going to happen because its a good way to get further salary cap off their list. Makes they trade of Brodie away giving up a better pick kinda stupid I think unless Brodie had a few years left on his contract
Touk has now resigned for 5 years. Expect a few more to follow. It does look like they put Greenwood in the shop window.

Oct 8, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania
Lets not speak too soon !!

I can easily see St Kilda taking Biggy from under our noses as he was their academy kid and we took him , Looks like gentlemans agreements no longer hold water with some sh!t Stain Clubs.

Hope clubs go all out on Norf's kids now
I think any sort of gentleman's agreement went out the window when Gold Coast started taking the piss and delisted a bloke who finished fourth in their best and fairest.

I think the situation reflects more poorly on Gold Coast and Greenwood himself than it does on Norf.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I think any sort of gentleman's agreement went out the window when Gold Coast started taking the piss and delisted a bloke who finished fourth in their best and fairest.

I think the situation reflects more poorly on Gold Coast and Greenwood himself than it does on Norf.
Yet the suns will keep getting help from the afl despite some pretty piss poor decisions that you could say has kept them being a bottom 4 side year in year out.

Profop

Club Legend
Oct 20, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Touk has now resigned for 5 years. Expect a few more to follow. It does look like they put Greenwood in the shop window.
If they wanted Greenwood gone why wouldn’t they have just traded him?

Doesn’t make any sense to lose him for nothing

David C

All Australian
Aug 16, 2017
Noosa
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions

Also doesn't make sense to delist him when they had plenty of other options on their main list. Someone could still pick up Thompson as well even though he has been injured the last few years. They could do with that pick 19 now and/or Brodie.

T4P

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Richmond

Bit harsh on Greenwood, this is all on GC - they took a risk, it backfired. Greenwood made a rational decision to go for more security.

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
You don't remember Richmond picking up Todd Banfield on the rookie list a few years back?? After Brisbane had committed to re-rookie him. All clubs do it.
Apparently the "agreement" is that if the original club overlooks that player with an earlier pick in the rookie draft then they become fair game.
Brisbane took Isaac Conway with Pick 6 in the rookie draft, so once they overlooked him, we grabbed him with Pick 11

Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
As posted on the other thread, excellently comprehensive yet relatively unknown draft resource with a write up on each player. If you have an interest in a player or 3, you might learn something more here:-

Tomorrow their draft order is released.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Very interesting point you bring up with banfield as it was slightly different for a few reasons
1st Is that He was drafted in the rookie draft and i believe was out of contract but lets let that go as its not the important part.

I remember years ago SOS and another recruiter was asked abut this and they pretty much explained the selecting of 'other clubs players who get promised to be recruited back' and what is acceptable and what is frowned upon and not done.

Basically what they said was its not the right thing to do if the clubs wants to redraft the player and another club takes him unless the club doesnt select him with their 1st pick in the rookie draft and after that 1st pick its open slather and his reasoning was that club had the chance and was given the chance to take the player but had selected another player.

But they did say that its not the right thing to do.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
Very interesting point you bring up with banfield as it was slightly different for a few reasons
1st Is that He was drafted in the rookie draft and i believe was out of contract but lets let that go as its not the important part.

I remember years ago SOS and another recruiter was asked abut this and they pretty much explained the selecting of 'other clubs players who get promised to be recruited back' and what is acceptable and what is frowned upon and not done.

Basically what they said was its not the right thing to do if the clubs wants to redraft the player and another club takes him unless the club doesnt dselect him with their 1st pick in the rookie draft and after that 1st pick its open slather and his reasoning was that club had the chance and was given the chance to take the player but had selected another player.

But they did say that its not the right thing to do.
Sure it was SOS? Sounds too coherent

BruceTempany14

Calling out Geelong supporters
Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Says alot about Norf & Greenwood

Norf we all know are the sh!t stain club that only exists to ramp up player salaries and can never get a decent player unless they pay way over market rate
Cj - $450k x 4 for a 10 game player
Polec $750k for a seagull with only 1 wing
Greenwood $500k for a mercenary coming of a doggy knee averaging 17 touches game

Greenwood has form for jumping at every chance for cash

And Norf have form for treating high priced recruits like crap mid contract ( Polec pittard ).
So assuming behaviour repeats Greenwood and CCJ are fkd !

Norf , how they havnt been shunted off to Port Moresby or somewhere else is astounding. A veritable waste of space .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

RJKTiger

Team Captain
Apr 4, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond

Gold Coast are a ******* rabble

Consider this for a second

In: Lachie Weller, Future 2nd, Future 4th.

Out: Will Brodie, Hugh Greenwood, Pick 2, Pick 19, Pick 61, Pick 69.

That is the direct result of 3 list decisions they have made in the last couple of years. They are legit destroying promising kids careers left, right & centre. They should just close them up and be done with it. No culture, no supporters.

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
Gold Coast are a ******* rabble

Consider this for a second

In: Lachie Weller, Future 2nd, Future 4th.

Out: Will Brodie, Hugh Greenwood, Pick 2, Pick 19, Pick 61, Pick 69.

That is the direct result of 3 list decisions they have made in the last couple of years. They are legit destroying promising kids careers left, right & centre. They should just close them up and be done with it. No culture, no supporters.
Craig ‘Helmut’ Cameron doing some of his finest work. Coxy_ ’s mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back