Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Islanda22

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2014
Australia
AFL Club
Melbourne
If you swap Ben for Draymond do dubs get better. Worse. Or same ?

Tough one

3 Pointers - Dray can shoot the 3 at times, Ben just won't shoot the 3 even if open

Passing - They both are excellent passers and have great vision on court

Rebounding - Again very similar but the obvious height advantage for Ben

Scoring - Ben is better when he is near the basket because of his size and length

Leadership/Toughness - Dray is far superior, Ben has none obviously and is mentally weak when it gets tough

Conclusion - Dray is the better option due to the fact he offers leadership, toughness, 3 point ability, passing ability. Also add that Warriors don't have to give up anything and can keep Wiggins, Wiseman, Kuminga and Moody for basically the same type of player

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
He doesn't know where the 6'10 Italian is when be regains control of the ball in his own words post game.

Ben shot 15/45 from the stripe that series. 25/73 for the playoffs (34%) but go off champ.

1637107252617.png

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Ben shot 15/45 from the stripe that series. 25/73 for the playoffs (34%) but go off champ.

View attachment 1281981

His ft were bad. What an outstanding observation. Well done.

That picture doesn't cancel he doesn't know if galli will come over the top by the time he controls possession.

Are you related to Ben Marcel Proust ? Odd take on things.

Loving watching Mills though.

No I'm not.

It's actually a popular school of thought after being scapegoated. Told he will be traded and has a city that hates him it's fair enough to wait for the trade.

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Tough one

3 Pointers - Dray can shoot the 3 at times, Ben just won't shoot the 3 even if open

Scoring - Ben is better when he is near the basket because of his size and length

Leadership/Toughness - Dray is far superior, Ben has none obviously and is mentally weak when it gets tough

Conclusion - Dray is the better option due to the fact he offers leadership, toughness, 3 point ability, passing ability. Also add that Warriors don't have to give up anything and can keep Wiggins, Wiseman, Kuminga and Moody for basically the same type of player

I would disagree with the toughness aspect.

Mr triple single is ok but Ben never flops from what I can see - obviously the mental health thing is another issue

Warriors are a better team with Simmons I reckon.

Green shoots about 2 threes a game @ 27% last few seasons. Not sure if that's the biggest feather in the cap. Good chance Simmons starts chucking them at his new team too. Also had 13 assists in a game 7 in his last game - passing

Last edited:

Islanda22

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2014
Australia
AFL Club
Melbourne
I would disagree with the toughness aspect.

Mr triple single is ok but Ben never flops from what I can see - obviously the mental health thing is another issue

Warriors are a better team with Simmons I reckon

Dray flops? I reckon he gets called for some touchy fouls but never a flopper

I just personally think Ben will cost too much to have him and Dray on the floor at the same time

Wiggins has had a great season to date, Wiseman is due back soon with Klay, Moody and Kuminga will get better down the stretch with more mins

If Philly were happy to take Dray straight swap then i'd say yes

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Dray flops? I reckon he gets called for some touchy fouls but never a flopper

I just personally think Ben will cost too much to have him and Dray on the floor at the same time

Wiggins has had a great season to date, Wiseman is due back soon with Klay, Moody and Kuminga will get better down the stretch with more mins

If Philly were happy to take Dray straight swap then i'd say yes

Not saying he does but in regards to 'toughness' Simmons seems pretty good.

Dubs don't do the trade for cultural reasons but n a vaccum it'd make them better imho.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Tough one

Draymond is a better passer imo, Simmons is great in transition but his half court offence is not good.

Draymond is close to the highest IQ player i have ever seen. Simmons is the better athlete but i think Draymond has him covered in just about every other category.

Oct 5, 2007
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
It’s interesting that the first time in his life he had a coach that he didn’t have family connection with, this happens.

David Patrick, his godfather got him to LSU. Brett Brown, who coached his dad and knew Ben all his life, had him first at Philly.

Wonder if Ben chose another college with no connections, or is drafted to a different team, does it still pan out like this?

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
His ft were bad. What an outstanding observation. Well done.

That picture doesn't cancel he doesn't know if galli will come over the top by the time he controls possession.

No I'm not.

It's actually a popular school of thought after being scapegoated. Told he will be traded and has a city that hates him it's fair enough to wait for the trade.
Who gives a s**t if Gallo comes over the top, go up strong and you other score or get fouled. He was scared of getting fouled and that is why he dished it off, it was the soft option.

Islanda22

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2014
Australia
AFL Club
Melbourne
Draymond is a better passer imo, Simmons is great in transition but his half court offence is not good.

Draymond is close to the highest IQ player i have ever seen. Simmons is the better athlete but i think Draymond has him covered in just about every other category.

Which is why the Dubs don't trade for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Case closed haha

Why would they give up Wiggins, Wiseman, Kuminga, Moody for a player they already have
They also have Payton giving them great minutes defensively as well, people keep trying to talk it in to existence but the Warriors have 0 need for him.

Islanda22

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2014
Australia
AFL Club
Melbourne
They also have Payton giving them great minutes defensively as well, people keep trying to talk it in to existence but the Warriors have 0 need for him.

Yes Payton has been amazing and I'm stocked he is getting meaningful mins.

I was surprised we let Mulder and Bradley walk but obviously the Head Office is the best in the League by far.

Case closed haha

Why would they give up Wiggins, Wiseman, Kuminga, Moody for a player they already have
Only reason the Dubs would trade for Simmons is if they were convinced Draymond was in decline - but he isn't right now and they are on a championship run currently. If Draymond was playing up and they were 2-8, maybe.

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Literally said they wouldn't do the trade but moody and kuminga 11th/12th option without klay and Wiseman...

What does that have to do with you blaming Thybulle?

I'm not the one blaming anyone. The coach and the team lost the game. Yes also Simmons.

Who gives a sh*t if Gallo comes over the top, go up strong and you other score or get fouled. He was scared of getting fouled and that is why he dished it off, it was the soft option.

Does it matter if it ends in the same or a better result. Thybulle shooting ft. It's the softest sports league in the works not just Simmons[/QUOTE]

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Literally said they wouldn't do the trade but moody and kuminga 11th/12th option without klay and Wiseman...

I'm not the one blaming anyone. The coach and the team lost the game. Yes also Simmons.

Does it matter if it ends in the same or a better result. Thybulle shooting ft. It's the softest sports league in the works not just Simmons
[/QUOTE]
It wouldn't because Simmons goes up over a midget and gets the dunk and possibly the and1. He was scared of getting fouled though and that is why he let a non existent defender get in his head. It is really not that hard to understand.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
The longer this drags out > the worse his trade value becomes > the less likely a trade scenario becomes. Time passing is not his friend, Morey trading him for scraps is not the end game.

Either get back on the court to increase his value or continue losing money indefinitely.

Well the Sixers got pumped again and have now had a 5 game losing streak, so there may be pressure on Morey to trade Ben. He seeks pretty stubborn though so he may not. I don’t think anyone is winning in this current situation.
Morey is hoping the blazers continue to struggle to make the move he wants.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back