Radiohead vs Muse poll

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I figured that's what you meant. Both of them sing about equally as much in their falsetto voices I reckon, and while Bellamy can probably get higher and belt it out harder (I'm not sure about his 'real range', I remember hearing something about him having small vocal nodes or something and not being being able to get too low, although I might be completely off the mark there), I think Yorke gets a much better texture and timbre to his voice with much more interesting melodies. Anyway I can think we should be able to at least agree that Jeff Buckley wipes the floor with both of them :D

Respect all you've said there, but I put Bellamy slightly ahead in all the ways you put Yorke ahead. And yeah I read something about bellamy's small or tight vocal chords too, allowing him to get high. Though most people can get that high IMO, just a matter if they can control the strength and timbre to the point that it's pleasurable and compliments the song.

With the Jeff Buckley thing, he unfortunately didn't get to do enough to fairly compare him against the Giants of Matt Bellamy and Thom Yorke. Along with John Lennon, I feel buckley's death was the biggest theft for music fans... of what they still might've done.

The idea of a collaboration between the three, while impossible, would be something to have behold.

In regards to Buckley, I think the small amount he did put out dwarfs anything either Bellamy or Yorke have done. I like Radiohead a lot more than Jeff Buckley but he was just years ahead when it comes to singing.

With the Jeff Buckley thing, he unfortunately didn't get to do enough to fairly compare him against the Giants of Matt Bellamy and Thom Yorke.

He didn't have to do any more than he did. Personally i feel Jeff Buckley had the greatest voice ever. There are alot of similarities between buckley and Bellamy but if you have any difficulty in separating the two just listen to Mojo Pin, Grace, Hallelujah or Forget Her and I think your problem will be solved

Muse easily.

Radiohead is the band idolised by Nuff Nuffs who really have no clue about music, but want to look like they do. I wonder how many of them listen to radiohead while sipping over priced red wine and reading poetry?

Hmm not sure I agree with this. I think Thom is probably a better singer, but Matt Bellamy can play the hell out of the piano. Then again, so can Thom, but in a much different way. I suppose it's all down to personal preference.
But Bellamy rips him to shreds with the guitar, which puts him ahead IMO

"Far greater"?

How have you come at that?

I wouldnt say the gap was all that great. In fact i would say Muse's best has Radiohead's best covered. Of course thats purely an opinion based on my taste and what i value in bands, specifically their musicianship, songwriting, production and ideas and the seemingly dying art of putting on a great live show.

And i also believe Muse's best is still ahead of them while i'm not sure Radiohead have another great album in them. The fact Muse are still in their 20's probably helps though.

In 25 years time Radiohead will probably be remembered as the more important band and i have no problem in saying that they were no doubt instrumental in paving the way for bands like Muse. Thats not saying that i think Muse are a Radiohead clone or even all that similar fwiw, but i have no doubt they were an influence.

But if Radiohead and Muse were playing at the same BDO at the same time i'd go and see Muse every day of the week.

Oh please Carlos.

And you claim you weren't desperately in love with Muse.

:rolleyes:

Matt Bellamy is a classically trained soprano IIRC, and doesnt need to manipulate his voice to get the higher notes as much as Thom. But this all comes down to personal taste as there cant real be a 'better voice'.

But would be interested to read a voice coaches opinions comparing the two.

WTF does 'classically trained' and having a 'voice coach' have to do with whether someone is the better singer?

Singing in a rock band is a hell of a lot more than classical training.

But hey, if that's the best you've got - keep fighting!

With the Jeff Buckley thing, he unfortunately didn't get to do enough to fairly compare him against the Giants of Matt Bellamy and Thom Yorke.

What an outright lie.

Without a shadow of a doubt, Buckley is far more of a 'Giant' in modern music than Bellamy, despite his more limited output.

Bellamy is a Giant only on this board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i rate Muse but am flabbergasted by the MUSE love fest that goes on

radiohead easily

the bends
ok computer

listen to the album's....brilliance

muse makes good singles

I'm watching the new Muse clip right now on Channel V - don't know what it's called - and the guitar solo is, while technically extremely good, some of the most self indulgent twaddle I have heard in quite some time.

I'm watching the new Muse clip right now on Channel V - don't know what it's called - and the guitar solo is, while technically extremely good, some of the most self indulgent twaddle I have heard in quite some time.
If it's the (new?) one I saw last night, then I'd fully agree. Complete garbage.

Johnny Greenwood kills Bellamy on the axe.

I have a hard time comparing guitarists - I mean Yngwie technically shits all over Dave Gilmour but I'd rather listen to Gilmour anyday.

I don't really listen to Radiohead OR Muse anymore 'cause I find them kinda whiney, but I never get tired of the eternal debate and subsequent mudslinging that these two bands generate.

That's why this thread is stickied - so we can crap on endlessly about the pros and cons long after the bands themselves have grown old and are playing the Vegas circuit.

Oh please Carlos.

And you claim you weren't desperately in love with Muse.

:rolleyes:
How does anything in the post you quoted equate to any sense of "desperation"? You're just having a lend of yourself now champ.

But do you reckon that if i just agree with you, you might give it a rest and possibly even shut the f*ck up about it?

As much as you claim the way Muse are revered on here is boring and frustrating, the fact you dont shut up about it is getting equally as annoying.

Put a cork in it.

I prefer Muse to Radiohead. I have reflected this in my vote.

How does anything in the post you quoted equate to any sense of "desperation"? You're just having a lend of yourself now champ.

You don't quite understand the phrase 'desperately in love', do you? And it's far from based on one post.

But do you reckon that if i just agree with you, you might give it a rest and possibly even shut the f*ck up about it?

As much as you claim the way Muse are revered on here is boring and frustrating, the fact you dont shut up about it is getting equally as annoying.

Put a cork in it.

You know what's more annoying? You raising Muse in every ****ing thread. Silverchair, for example and most annoyingly. Your constant muso-**** over Muse is incredibly tiring. You deny it, but it's plainly bloody obvious.

What is worse, though, is your insufferably arrogant, pretentious and insulting attitude where you indirectly abuse the taste of anyone who doesn't agree that Muse are the best thing ever created.

Your continual statements about how you like Muse because of things like 'their musicianship, songwriting, production and ideas and the seemingly dying art of putting on a great live show' is a classic underhanded insult at anyone who dislikes Muse because by implication they 'obviously' can't appreciate those same facets in music.

Get over yourself and quit the Muse fanboyism. I used to respect your opinions, but after you have revealed this ugly side to your character I have come to resent them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back