Noidenous

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2012
Climbing out your mum's window
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Manchester UTD
I haven't got Showtime so I've been downloading them on a torrent website under a VPN.
On the down low, I suggest also running a program like PeerBlocker that allows you to blacklist government websites like libraries and universities.

I don't think they're as hot on torrents as they once were due to the convenience of Netflix et al, but it's better than getting rogered by Johnny Law for watching something already broadcast free-to-air, in the name of forcing you to endure advertising.

Waiting for some loser to declare it a political post. :p

Last edited:
Doing well against NZ early. 1/51 after 9.

If we can hold them to ~150 we'll be in with a shout.

Imagine being the bloke that broke your hand leading in and "well, I guess you're going in cold".

That went well for them.

Noidenous

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
So in Victoria, the system for selling a car is.

1: Get a roadworthy.
2: Provide roadworthy to Vicroads and transfer Rego.

WTF is going on with all the people who advertise cars with Rego until. xx/yy/zz but without roadworthy?
How do they do it?
It means they've been renewing their rego. The new owner needs to get the certificate prior to transfer of registration.

It means they've been renewing their rego. The new owner needs to get the certificate prior to transfer of registration.

It just gets messy, the seller has to have the roadworthy details on his/her side of the form and the dates all have to match up.

Just seems to me that they are doing it arse about for no good reason.

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
It just gets messy, the seller has to have the roadworthy details on his/her side of the form and the dates all have to match up.

It means their not paying for the road worthy and any repairs required, for sale as is with registration. I don’t know about the legal requirements but every second car for private sale was sold like that when I last looked.

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
So in Victoria, the system for selling a car is.

1: Get a roadworthy.
2: Provide roadworthy to Vicroads and transfer Rego.

WTF is going on with all the people who advertise cars with Rego until. xx/yy/zz but without roadworthy?
How do they do it?
Despite what VicRoads makes you want to think, you don't have to have a roadworthy to sell your car but you're right, you do need one to actually transfer the registration.

So you can sell a currently registered vehicle without a RWC as long as the buyer understands that you intend to lodge the transfer papers yourself (to be certain that VicRoads knows you are no longer the owner) and effectively suspend the registration.

Then the RWC requirements and subsequent re registration responsibility shifts to the new owner.

Last edited:

Noidenous

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams

Make sure you trust anyone selling minus RWC.

You could be up for 2-3x the value of the car before you can even get it transferred.

Other thing to watch out for is that incurring any fines or causing traffic issues will send the police after the registrant if transfer papers haven't yet been submitted.

Make sure you trust anyone selling minus RWC.

You could be up for 2-3x the value of the car before you can even get it transferred.

Other thing to watch out for is that incurring any fines or causing traffic issues will send the police after the registrant if transfer papers haven't yet been submitted.

I sold a car without one to some guy that asked for a month to get a RWC done because it was a classic car and he was going to do the work himself. campaigner clocked up heaps of fines and wouldn't transfer the rego over. I was getting fines from NSW about 2 years afterwards even. I had to sign a stat dec at the police station and got interviewed by them. Once they leave with the paper work you trust that they lodge it.

I sold a car without one to some guy that asked for a month to get a RWC done because it was a classic car and he was going to do the work himself. campaigner clocked up heaps of fines and wouldn't transfer the rego over. I was getting fines from NSW about 2 years afterwards even. I had to sign a stat dec at the police station and got interviewed by them. Once they leave with the paper work you trust that they lodge it.

Yeah i don't get the whole thing.
Its easy to go to a mechanic and ask them to just assess the roadworthiness and you get a bit more for your car when you sell with it.
Otherwise its take the plates in.

I sold a Commodore that had been in a smash ,the guy really really wanted the plates off me.

Yeah i don't get the whole thing.
Its easy to go to a mechanic and ask them to just assess the roadworthiness and you get a bit more for your car when you sell with it.
Otherwise its take the plates in.

I sold a Commodore that had been in a smash ,the guy really really wanted the plates off me.

Mechanics don't even want to know about it. You can get one easier if you're the buyer. They make it tougher if you're selling in case some stickler tries to get everything fixed that they may have missed. If you go to them and say I just want a cheap roadworthy to change the plates there is always someone who'll do it. I used to buy old cars and half the pre 1980s cars were barely roadworthy out of the factory, you'd get the odd mechanic who would want the car to be rebuilt before they'd even consider them roadworthy and some that as long as there was nothing obvious would write it up.

Tszyu by UD. Biggest test of his career and he came through. He's the #9 ranked contender (The Ring) and #5 ranked (BoxRec) for the WBO super welterweight title and surely makes his US debut now. 20-0 with 15 KO's.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
We all know about this, but this clip is a beautiful summation of the single largest issue at hand. Even more dire than chinless couch slobs.

Wow appreciate you posting that.
My observations (which are ptretty shallow)

1) Too bad this was on Rogan whom I can't stand, has to put his anti vax anti health message in with a dog whistle to the 'deep state/big government' conspiracy to take over all of our lives while completely having that superficial PoV demolished by his guests, i.e it isn't the government but the SM algorithms that are the existential threat.
2) China censoring their tik tok to influence them in a vocational direction. On the surface good but it is what they are directing them to which my cause long term problems.
After Mao's cultural revolution all 'intellectuals' had been purged as 'enemies of the people' or similar commo culture war BS. When it came to working out a strategy for population control it was developed by a rocket scientist who were the only intellectuals left under Mao (need them to make better killing artifacts after all). The sociologists had either been purged and the few that remained were drowned out by Party propaganda. The result in 2021 is huge social problems cause through the one child policy, 50 million more males than females that will never marry, single kids need to look after both sets of parents (no social welfare in China) and their own children, people who lose their one child are ostracized from their villages when old because they can't contribute.
3) On the surface the 5 second delay seems reasonable and may work to curtail binge scrolling.
4) the Chinese military having their devices locked down, while seeming frightening, is really what has been done to the military for ever. Propaganda against the enemy. Western militaries need to do the same.
5)Their points on information infiltration (they are speaking about the US but any western democracy) is a great point. Maybe the 40 billion we are spending on subs may have been better deployed to stop this infiltration.
6) They make a great point that democracy is under threat because we value liberty and are not keen to limit SM while authoritarian regimes can do so at will, they have a real advantage over democracies.
7) The most frightening point they made is where the likes of Maddow or Carlson will be 'appealing to the algorthim' so only the negative and most destructive of their 'opinion' will be picked up.

Maybe we need to do what Bill Barr says. Don't go on to SM for the backlash and comments and everthing seems to be the way things always have been. You don't hear the criticisms or rantings of disembodied views. Apart from Insta where I get nice earth pics, and pictures of cats and dogs, of and Celeste Barber, I very rarely use SM. Sometime FB, but have dumped that sewer of wokeness and backlash, Twitter, and I have not regretted it for a second.

Did I mention Rogan was so far out of his depth he needed to call a lifeguard?

Social media has been one of the worst inventions the west has made.

2) China censoring their tik tok to influence them in a vocational direction. On the surface good but it is what they are directing them to which my cause long term problems.
After Mao's cultural revolution all 'intellectuals' had been purged as 'enemies of the people' or similar commo culture war BS. When it came to working out a strategy for population control it was developed by a rocket scientist who were the only intellectuals left under Mao (need them to make better killing artifacts after all). The sociologists had either been purged and the few that remained were drowned out by Party propaganda. The result in 2021 is huge social problems cause through the one child policy, 50 million more males than females that will never marry, single kids need to look after both sets of parents (no social welfare in China) and their own children, people who lose their one child are ostracized from their villages when old because they can't contribute.
Adding too this China right now has a huge population crisis and a huge housing crisis, people are not having families over there because they cannot afford it and it has eroded the manufacturing base along with ageing the population.

Dard Ball Get

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
May 23, 2016
W.A
AFL Club
St Kilda
Wow appreciate you posting that.
My observations (which are ptretty shallow)

1) Too bad this was on Rogan whom I can't stand, has to put his anti vax anti health message in with a dog whistle to the 'deep state/big government' conspiracy to take over all of our lives while completely having that superficial PoV demolished by his guests, i.e it isn't the government but the SM algorithms that are the existential threat.
3) On the surface the 5 second delay seems reasonable and may work to curtail binge scrolling.
4) the Chinese military having their devices locked down, while seeming frightening, is really what has been done to the military for ever. Propaganda against the enemy. Western militaries need to do the same.
5)Their points on information infiltration (they are speaking about the US but any western democracy) is a great point. Maybe the 40 billion we are spending on subs may have been better deployed to stop this infiltration.
6) They make a great point that democracy is under threat because we value liberty and are not keen to limit SM while authoritarian regimes can do so at will, they have a real advantage over democracies.
7) The most frightening point they made is where the likes of Maddow or Carlson will be 'appealing to the algorthim' so only the negative and most destructive of their 'opinion' will be picked up.

Maybe we need to do what Bill Barr says. Don't go on to SM for the backlash and comments and everthing seems to be the way things always have been. You don't hear the criticisms or rantings of disembodied views. Apart from Insta where I get nice earth pics, and pictures of cats and dogs, of and Celeste Barber, I very rarely use SM. Sometime FB, but have dumped that sewer of wokeness and backlash, Twitter, and I have not regretted it for a second.

Did I mention Rogan was so far out of his depth he needed to call a lifeguard?
I agree with the bulk of what you’re saying, with the exception of your view of Rogan, and point #7.
Rogan is easily meme’able, however I can’t think of another interviewer who has the spectrum of guests he does - and, for the most part, let’s them speak uninterrupted. Nor does he try to avoid being “out of his depth”, refreshing from the usual subject change or cutting short by other talking heads when they don’t know or agree with what is being said.
Point 7 is true, however shouldn’t be limited to Tucker etc, it’s is for all aspects of media and their representatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back