Australian basketball.

Well the Sixers got pumped again and have now had a 5 game losing streak, so there may be pressure on Morey to trade Ben. He seeks pretty stubborn though so he may not. I don’t think anyone is winning in this current situation.
Sixers were flying before getting ripped up by Covid as well, they'll wait till they get the right offer or at least till Jo and Matisse back and healthy to see if they bounce back before any thing

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
If Morey was willing to take unders on his perceived value of Ben it would have already happened by now. With the gulf between what teams are willing to give up and what Morey is willing to accept being sizeable and growing, the situation ending on Ben’s terms (sitting out until a trade) is pretty much a prayer at this point.

There’s been nothing to suggest anything will change in regards to demanding equal or greater value for him. Therefore the more time passes the more likely option B comes into play; Ben’s pocket getting stung enough to warrant a return. Could be sooner than we all think.

What a fair trade for Ben looks like is certainly up for debate. What’s not up for debate is Morey being buckled up for the long game if need be. Frankly, good on him for sticking to his guns and not being forced around by a big baby with a fragile ego and a fake mental health slip.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
If Morey was willing to take unders on his perceived value of Ben it would have already happened by now. With the gulf between what teams are willing to give up and what Morey is willing to accept being sizeable and growing, the situation ending on Ben’s terms (sitting out until a trade) is pretty much a prayer at this point.

There’s been nothing to suggest anything will change in regards to demanding equal or greater value for him. Therefore the more time passes the more likely option B comes into play; Ben’s pocket getting stung enough to warrant a return. Could be sooner than we all think.

What a fair trade for Ben looks like is certainly up for debate. What’s not up for debate is Morey being buckled up for the long game if need be. Frankly, good on him for sticking to his guns and not being forced around by a big baby with a fragile ego and a fake mental health slip.

Every time sixers get smashed less smart Morey is looking.

1637149944177.png

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
As in he'll start making 3 attempts at a new team? What on Earth gives you that impression??

Just a guess but it's not uncommon for bigs to shoot as they get older.

He also said he wants to practice more before shooting 3s or something

It fits his narrative

I have no agenda I'm just less emotional about the topic than you

Nuggetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Can we talk about other players than Ben Simmons? Does not match the tread title

At least it should be feat. Ben Simmons instead of Thon.

Giddey having a bit of a scoring slump (relative). Still contributing on the boards and assists. IMO he needs to be more decisive and quicker with his dribble but that'll come with experience and development. Great signs with his all-round contributions though. Hope we see Josh Green get more mins but probs won't happen unless Dallas get injuries or go on a losing streak.

Can we talk about other players than Ben Simmons? Does not match the tread title
Yeah, can all the Simmons s**t get moved to a Ben Simmons specific thread? I'm quite frankly over all of that stuff and want to talk about other stuff in here. This is supposed to be about our future prospects and tournaments and stuff like that

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Because Shaq was the most dominant player in the NBA… despite his flaws he wasn’t running away in the big moments. What an awful analogy from him.

They also protected Ben for 5 years or whatever it was, he repaid them by refusing to work on his game.

[ Gilbert Arenas]

"Philly dropped the ball on trades. Everyone looks at it wrong. They say he has no value. No, Philly has no leverage..You're saying he is trash. I'm gonna give you trash for your trash. Let's trade trash. I'm not going trade you gold for the person you're calling trash

Oct 5, 2007
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
[ Gilbert Arenas]

"Philly dropped the ball on trades. Everyone looks at it wrong. They say he has no value. No, Philly has no leverage..You're saying he is trash. I'm gonna give you trash for your trash. Let's trade trash. I'm not going trade you gold for the person you're calling trash

Well there’s a guy who knows about happy locker rooms.

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Well there’s a guy who knows about happy locker rooms.

What about this one -

Scotto (from 10:50): "When I talk to other executives around the league about the situation with the Sixers, point-blank, nobody feels sorry for Daryl Morey around the league. They think his asking price is way too high, given the situation, coming off the playoffs. Teams know Ben Simmons doesn’t want to be there.... I’ve heard this from some executives, too, that when Joel Embiid was healthy and before their recent losing streak, this team was performing well without him. Some executives said to me it further in their eyes lowered the trade value for Ben Simmons.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
[ Gilbert Arenas]

Gilbert is not the one you want to be using to prove your point bud
What about this one -

Scotto (from 10:50): "When I talk to other executives around the league about the situation with the Sixers, point-blank, nobody feels sorry for Daryl Morey around the league. They think his asking price is way too high, given the situation, coming off the playoffs. Teams know Ben Simmons doesn’t want to be there.... I’ve heard this from some executives, too, that when Joel Embiid was healthy and before their recent losing streak, this team was performing well without him. Some executives said to me it further in their eyes lowered the trade value for Ben Simmons.
Not sure what you are trying to prove with this one, that executives think Ben is not that good now because they are able to perform to a similar level without him?

Goodo73

Premium Platinum
Apr 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Giddey having a bit of a scoring slump (relative). Still contributing on the boards and assists. IMO he needs to be more decisive and quicker with his dribble but that'll come with experience and development. Great signs with his all-round contributions though.
He's certainly getting shots up (10 per game). It's his accuracy which is off (less than 40%). As someone who has him in a fantasy league I look sadly at his FG% and PTS. But his contributions otherwise have been good. REBs are really good!

Dump Truck

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
In the true spirit of the thread it should be titled - featuring Dyson Daniels.

It’s about the potential kids coming through before they actually make the NBA. That’s when we then starting picking away at all their flaws and ignore the good they do.
I'm excited to see a trend of seriously talented young Aussies making their way. Dyson Daniels apparently has been doing ok in the G league, Giddey having a great rookie season, Green, Exum and Thybulle all showed a bit in Tokyo and Thybulle was doing well for the 76ers. I'm pessimistically hopeful Simmons can eventually work everything out and help the boomers reach a gold medal game.

He's currently averaging 13.2PPG, 10.3APG & 7.0RPG as a freshman

Saw Josh Giddey hyping him up on Instagram a bit this morning.

Honestly some of those passes looked straight out of the Josh Giddey playbook. Without knowing too much about him before today is it a stretch to suggest he could be NBA bound? Because those highlights suggest to me he could be at some stage.

Back