No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that it’s no disaster to lose him as a player, but I think the bigger issue here is their reputation. They are not known as a great club to begin with, so I don’t understand why they’d do something that looks so embarrassing. They should be giving their supporters hope after doing close to nothing since their inception, not appear to show further incompetence even if they did not mind this outcome deep down. It is clear that they tried to exploit a loophole and failed miserably.

Much less embarrassing losing him to North Melbourne in the trade period after actively trying to shop him around tbh. They already did it with Will Brodie and no one really called them incompetent for it.

We don’t know what has happened really. The Suns told McPherson he was welcome to find a new home in the trade period. He did not want to. North may have had their eye somewhere else in the trade period and failed to secure the player they wanted. They may have known Suns were keen to lose a player on a mid range contract and indicated they will happily take Greenwood on a better deal for the player. The Suns may have told Greenwood no rush, think it over, we can get you there after the trade period no problems. It may have suited the Suns to do it this way, because it shows their list they are happy with arrangements that suit the player. I am guessing about all of this, but what I am trying to show is there are feasible ways the deal could be the result of good management by the Suns, rather than automatically reflecting badly on them as you seem to be suggesting.

I mean if you were a player working out whether to go to the Suns in future, would this Greenwood leaving to North on a better deal put you off, or encourage you? I would think it would encourage players more than put them off.

It is probably good list management by North as well. They probably worked out they could use some available cash to bring in another mature player and did it without spending their number one PSD pick just in case something arises there.

Greenwood’s reputation has grown by the day , Star , champion, loosely thrown around. What’s his best bf finish 😗
Finished fourth last year, didn’t make the top ten this year.
Mind you King kicked 47(Coleman winner kicked 57) and he didn’t make top ten

Just watched first H of 1980 GF ,,similar to 2019 in many ways. Observations so far
Gee pies have had a fair run off the umps
No wonder billy picked was such a s**t kick ,,they’re all torps
Lucky for them we didn’t kick straight sec q ,, 5G 6 . Should have been 10g up at half time

Greenwood’s reputation has grown by the day , Star , champion, loosely thrown around. What’s his best bf finish 😗

you’d never do that to a player that’s easily in your starting midfield. Unless your Gold Coast

According to fox footy Web site, touk miller is a superstar.

At 32 disposal and over 7 tackles average in 2021 he is rising well above just a good footballer. Probably needs to just have a bit more scoring impact but I think the Suns will play a more positive style of footy in 2022, so it is likely. Unashamed Miller fan here, hard two way runner and just a really well balanced and high class footballer. He wouldn’t go astray in yellow and black that is for sure.

Touk Miller is a Superstar!

If he was doing that for a Victorian club, or any club of note for that matter, he was be widely recognised as one of the best mids in the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you not watch football?
He's an absolute gun, he's carrying that team

Of course I ******* watch football.

Superstar is hyperbole, about one player per generation is a superstar.

Dermie has us back.

Hawthorn great Dermott Brereton is backing Richmond to bounce back in a big way in 2022.

After winning three premierships in four years, the Tigers finished 12th this year to miss the finals with injuries to key players – including superstar Dustin Martin – contributing to the club’s lowest ladder position since 2016.

Richmond bolstered their defence in the trade period by acquiring veteran Robbie Tarrant from North Melbourne, but lost talls Callum Coleman-Jones and Mabior Chol to the Kangaroos and Gold Coast respectively, while premiership defender David Astbury announced his retirement.

The Tigers will have a new skipper in 2022 after three-time premiership captain Trent Cotchin relinquished the leadership position after nine seasons in the role.

Speaking on SEN Drive, Brereton is predicting Damien Hardwick’s side to rediscover their best football and win the premiership next year.

Stay up to date with all the latest news from SEN. Sign up HERE.

0 seconds of 1 minute, 54 secondsVolume 0%

x close

“I’ve got them winning the premiership next year,” the five-time premiership Hawk said.

“You can’t dismiss the Dees, they’re right up there in the top three, but I’ve got the Tigers to bounce back and win (the flag).

“I reckon Tarrant in the backline is going to be huge for them and they’ll get a good run with injuries this coming year.”

Richmond will inject more youth onto their list as they take a strong hand to this year’s National Draft.

The Tigers currently hold picks 7, 15, 26, 27, 28 and 83.

I get your point.
But if Touk was playing in a successful Melbourne club, he would be reaching superstar levels.
The guy is a ******* jet.

I don't mind him being called 'gun' or 'star' but superstar... *, Jack Steven comes from my town and and we all think he's a Champion (4 b&fs at St Kilda), but he's nowhere near Dusty.

Touk Miller might end up a superstar but if we're handing out that epithet like candy then there's gotta be a couple of superstars at ever club, and Richmond would have about 10 of them.

I don't mind him being called 'gun' or 'star' but superstar... fu**, Jack Steven comes from my town and and we all think he's a Champion (4 b&fs at St Kilda), but he's nowhere near Dusty.

Touk Miller might end up a superstar but if we're handing out that epithet like candy then there's gotta be a couple of superstars at ever club, and Richmond would have about 10 of them.
Super star is easily handed out by the journos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back