Society/Culture Tucker Carlson - Fired from Fox. Sacked. Terminated. Given the heave-ho.

Well, pre-vaccine you needed to have one or the other. Post 80% double vaxxed? I think if our hospitals get hit hard, asking people to mask up for a while isn't the end of the f*n world. But lockdowns can probably be phased out, I'm sure.

Unfortunately this thing is here to stay. We just gotta learn to live with it (just like the flu etc). Fauchi has a lot to answer for he piece of s**t he is. But yep, it’s gonna be a tricky balance opening up and somehow not overloading an already under strain medical system.

Coolangatta

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2007
Western Australia
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Are you suggesting that one needs to be pc/woke/sjw to be a leftie? Are you also suggesting if one finds pc/woke/sjw impractical / opposed to, then one is automatically a righty?

Sounds like you're putting someone in a box.

Not at all. Dave Chappelle, Bill Burr, Ricky Gervais - none of those guys are right-wing/Trump supporters. But Tim Pool is pretty quiet when it comes to Trump; there's like a million things he could've gone after that administration over. And by his own admission (when talking to streamer Destiny) his own fanbase gets very angry when he does say something negative about Trump. So I think he backs off strategically. Like I said, 95% of his content isn't pro-Bernie type of content. I'm not saying that makes him right-wing, I don't think he is, but he placates them, just like Jimmy Dore, Russell Brand, etc. I respect someone like Sam Harris more who is ruthless when it comes to attacking Trump, regardless of whether his followers like it or not.

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
You are correct, Rogan did endorse Bernie, and yes, people are too quick to put others in a box, but all I hear from Rogan is attacks on the left. Not that there aren't legit ones to make, but when's the last time he's gone after Trump and conservatives?

I remember him saying he wouldn't have Trump on his podcast, and he has argued against Nick diPaolo on Trump's lying.

He probably complains about the left because he identifies or identified as one of them, and is now bemused by the violence, cancel culture, and other illiberal stuff.

The biggest problem with Rogan imo is the populism and conspiracy theories. Also he fancies himself open minded, but he does have certain people as repeat guests who think along similar lines to him.

He had Dr Gupta on a few weeks ago, and instead of appreciating someone crossing over from TV to podcast, or from a different position to have a dialogue, he went after him.

He's always been a conspiracy theorist, even his character on NewsRadio had that characteristic.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Not at all. Dave Chappelle, Bill Burr, Ricky Gervais - none of those guys are right-wing/Trump supporters. But Tim Pool is pretty quiet when it comes to Trump; there's like a million things he could've gone after that administration over. And by his own admission (when talking to streamer Destiny) his own fanbase gets very angry when he does say something negative about Trump. So I think he backs off strategically. Like I said, 95% of his content isn't pro-Bernie type of content. I'm not saying that makes him right-wing, I don't think he is, but he placates them, just like Jimmy Dore, Russell Brand, etc. I respect someone like Sam Harris more who is ruthless when it comes to attacking Trump, regardless of whether his followers like it or not.

So he's quiet about Trump, what is the beef here? Are you calling an inconsistency? I'm quiet about the orange buffoon too that doesn't mean I placate him, I just don't give a sh*t about him.

You're probably right in that whoever this Pool bloke is, does likely keep quiet about trump as a tactic to not upset his supporters (however many there are I don't know - don't imagine it'd be a majority) but so what?

Who else is 'right wing' that he placates and how? Or does he just 'placate' what they do / say and not who they are?

Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm watching the Black Panther Doco on SBS at the moment. And the way the MSM like Fox are kicking up a stink about how the Jan 6 criminals are being treated compared to the way the FBI treated the Black Panthers is just mind-blowing.

Carlson is performance art for fascists. It's like the Nigerian scam where the email is worded and spelt badly so that only stupid people respond.

Carlson's takes are so stupid that only stupid people will continue to watch, but they'll be sucked right in.

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm watching the Black Panther Doco on SBS at the moment. And the way the MSM like Fox are kicking up a stink about how the Jan 6 criminals are being treated compared to the way the FBI treated the Black Panthers is just mind-blowing.

Carlson is performance art for fascists. It's like the Nigerian scam where the email is worded and spelt badly so that only stupid people respond.

Carlson's takes are so stupid that only stupid people will continue to watch, but they'll be sucked right in.
Trump has, in fact, been running a Nigerian scam; "give me money for my legal cases to overturn the election": "what legal cases?"; "give me more money and you'll see".

JW2468

Debutant
Dec 29, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
I remember him saying he wouldn't have Trump on his podcast, and he has argued against Nick diPaolo on Trump's lying.

He probably complains about the left because he identifies or identified as one of them, and is now bemused by the violence, cancel culture, and other illiberal stuff.

The biggest problem with Rogan imo is the populism and conspiracy theories. Also he fancies himself open minded, but he does have certain people as repeat guests who think along similar lines to him.

He had Dr Gupta on a few weeks ago, and instead of appreciating someone crossing over from TV to podcast, or from a different position to have a dialogue, he went after him.

He's always been a conspiracy theorist, even his character on NewsRadio had that characteristic.
He did go after him as the face of CNN and the BS smear campaign they laid on him. Pretty good reason to go at him.

Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC

Can say the same for Alex Jones, Joe Rogan, Ben Shapiro, etc etc etc. The right wing is a movement of stupid psychopaths, loads of money to be made by pandering to the crazies

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
Can say the same for Alex Jones, Joe Rogan, Ben Shapiro, etc etc etc. The right wing is a movement of stupid psychopaths, loads of money to be made by pandering to the crazies
Is Joe Rogan a RWer?

People say that but it's not clear to me that's the case.

And I'm happy to criticise him for a variety of reasons but I don't think he's RW, not in the sense I understand. I'd say he's libertarian-left, with some exceptions.

Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Is Joe Rogan a RWer?

People say that but it's not clear to me that's the case.

And I'm happy to criticise him for a variety of reasons but I don't think he's RW, not in the sense I understand. I'd say he's libertarian-left, with some exceptions.
I'd say he's more of a libertarian, but that usually spreads across both. But as he's got richer, he's found the taxes and woke-ness of the left a real problem. Plus most of his audience is RWNJ white boys. His demographic would be really heavily slanted that way, hence his sponsors.

Nobody taking corporate money wants to talk about how corporates corrupt politicians, because they'd have to face the fact the same motives have corrupted them as well.

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Libertarians are the political equivalent of a twelve year old screaming you're not the boss of me. Rogan's field of expertise is men in lycra grappling each other, he should stick to his lane if he doesn't want people mocking him.
Let's just say, he's got a good grift going, provided nobody takes him seriously, and leave it at

Back