Upper Murray FL 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone here is telling Porkies.
Either the UMFNL Board or the two logical Clubs from the Leagues mentioned
Rip what are the porkies .I thought the league was doing something positive by contacting other clubs to see if they were interested in joining their comp .ok they gave their response doesn't mean the door is completely shut. Let's see what happens in 2022. Another top upper Murray player leaves O.M.signs with Kiewa could of been playing for combined upper Murray league team but that's another story

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Another top upper Murray player leaves O.M.signs with Kiewa could of been playing for combined upper Murray league team but that's another story

Instead, they could have been singing "We're the Eagles, the Upper Murray Eagles ..."

It's the logical option but then again logic doesn't always wash with some people.

Rip what are the porkies .I thought the league was doing something positive by contacting other clubs to see if they were interested in joining their comp .ok they gave their response doesn't mean the door is completely shut. Let's see what happens in 2022. Another top upper Murray player leaves O.M.signs with Kiewa could of been playing for combined upper Murray league team but that's another story

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Porkies are two clubs were interested.
Tell me who else it would be?
Agreed on Newnham though.

Two Clubs already with new Coaches.
Cudgewa also need a replacement for Carey.
Also hearing a Non Playing Coach may be on the cards at Bullioh.
Is this a sign that people think the League is on its knees?

Bosley at Bullioh is what I hearing.

it’s a long way from having a coach and recruiting up to 15 players to make up a competitive senior side. Which the Corryong based clubs would have to do.

Cudgey will battle, sad that they didn't get the flag they deserved. All the Carey's have left plus Hall, Morey, Phibbs x 2 all going too. Morey 61 goals, Hall 35 goals & Dayne Carey 12 goals. 108 goals to replace for three players. that's a tough ask.

Cudgey will battle, sad that they didn't get the flag they deserved. All the Carey's have left plus Hall, Morey, Phibbs x 2 all going too. Morey 61 goals, Hall 35 goals & Dayne Carey 12 goals. 108 goals to replace for three players. that's a tough ask.
Morey is staying at Cudgie is what I’m hearing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The whole of the northeast and southern Riverina need a reshape in my opinion. To your question… highly unlikely in my opinion.
Not sure if Hume League is included in this? Seems to be competitive up to 8 teams in contention for the Top 6 this year? Everyone excluding Lockhart playing finals in the last 5 seasons, Correct me if wrong

Not sure if Hume League is included in this? Seems to be competitive up to 8 teams in contention for the Top 6 this year? Everyone excluding Lockhart playing finals in the last 5 seasons, Correct me if wrong
Was more pointing to the Corowa cluster which I include wahgunyah in. Also wasn’t there talk of thurgoona going to the Hume league? Obviously not happening next year.

Was more pointing to the Corowa cluster which I include wahgunyah in. Also wasn’t there talk of thurgoona going to the Hume league? Obviously not happening next year.
Where did that come from? That would change things... Wahgunyah Fold, Thurgoona to Hume League & Murray Magpies to Upper Murray.

Thurgoona to change their name to the Dockers

Where did that come from? That would change things... Wahgunyah Fold, Thurgoona to Hume League & Murray Magpies to Upper Murray.

Thurgoona to change their name to the Dockers
I think I read it on here. Was to do with the border closures relating to covid.
It was made pretty clear no club was keen to move to the upper Murray a few weeks ago in the press.

Been pretty quiet on here.
With 5 new Coaches I would’ve thought there wouldBeen pretty quiet on here.
With 5 new Coaches I would’ve thought there would be plenty of discussion
Probably shows the level of interest in the competition as a whole over the last few years. Covid hasn’t helped but no junior pathway has crippled the league. In the last few years we have lost a club and a grade of football. The under 14’s comp is playing with such low numbers that it not even really footy. And i think you will find netball will have less numbers across the board. And that’s even without bringing volunteers into the equation. The competition is becoming irrelevant in many peoples eyes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back