Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait s**t from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

With the reported interest of GWS with Howes (who is considered a 20ish pick at the moment).

Maybe the Hawks and GWS can do picks swap.

Hawks will get pick 13 , GWS will get one of our 2nd round pick plus more to even up the trade.

gws form would be to somehow get our future first, but our form is wed get someone else’s before trading that

Can’t understand why we aren’t into Charlie Constable. Young, 191cm, 86kg mid! Clearly to good for VFL. Just fits what we need. Disappointing!

Can’t understand why we aren’t into Charlie Constable. Young, 191cm, 86kg mid! Clearly to good for VFL. Just fits what we need. Disappointing!
We have about 3 of them already on our list and got rid of cousins who was a 4th

Cats board had indicated that he struggles to run out games. Endurance should be one of the easier things to fix, but perhaps it's a sign that he doesn't have the work ethic to improve it.

With the reported interest of GWS with Howes (who is considered a 20ish pick at the moment).

Maybe the Hawks and GWS can do picks swap.

Hawks will get pick 13 , GWS will get one of our 2nd round pick plus more to even up the trade.

My only issue with this is I reckon (bidding players aside) 13 is the first pick of the 'next group' and we could easily miss one of the players actually worth trading up for.

JHF, Callaghan, Andrew, Rachele will all be long gone obviously and by the time it gets to Pick 13 I can see Ward, Gibcus, Hobbs, Erasmus, Amiss, Sinn, Johnson, and NWM all gone. The next group of Goater, Sonsie, Chesser, Van Rooyen, Butler etc. I feel we may as well stick with our 21 and 24 and grab what slides through.

My only issue with this is I reckon (bidding players aside) 13 is the first pick of the 'next group' and we could easily miss one of the players actually worth trading up for.

JHF, Callaghan, Andrew, Rachele will all be long gone obviously and by the time it gets to Pick 13 I can see Ward, Gibcus, Hobbs, Erasmus, Amiss, Sinn, Johnson, and NWM all gone. The next group of Goater, Sonsie, Chesser, Van Rooyen, Butler etc. I feel we may as well stick with our 21 and 24 and grab what slides through.

It should be a live trade.

We should only pull the trigger if we have somebody that the team highly rates that is still available at pick 13(15).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't see Johnson with our first. Lack of X factor.
I'm not excited by Matt Johnson either... If we can't trade up to Finn and miss Mac I'm thinking we trade back and target a future first of a team that may slide next year...I'm looking at WCE, I can see them being a big slider. Pick 5 (plus something) for Pick 10 (Sinn or NWM) and a F1 and hope WC falls to pieces, I think the signs are there to say it's a possibility to happen..

no inside info - Hawks really don't leak from our end, but we have put time into him
Yeh, but we have put time into pretty much every kid slated for the top 15.

Just out of curiosity Does anyone know how much time we put into DGB and Day? As in was it more than others?

DGB:
You were predicted to be picked up early in the draft. Did you have any idea where you were going to go?

No I didn’t. I had spoken to Sydney quite a bit, and Gold Coast had said to me if I got to them they wouldn’t let me slide by. I was surprised initially when Hawthorn picked me up. I had spoken to them a couple of times but didn’t actually think they were all that interested in me.

Just out of curiosity Does anyone know how much time we put into DGB and Day? As in was it more than others?

We didn’t put a lot of time into Day as I remember we only spoke to him a few time he mentioned in an interview after he was drafted!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We didn’t put a lot of time into Day as I remember we only spoke to him a few time he mentioned in an interview after he was drafted!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
SOUTH Australian Will Day knew last week's draft landscape well, and which club he wanted to pick him.
Hawthorn – where Day's grandfather Robert played in the 1971 flag – had pick 13, Port Adelaide followed closely behind with a pair of selections in the teens, and Gold Coast was keen, too.
However, the Hawks were up to their usual tricks in the lead-up, deliberately ignoring Day at the NAB AFL Draft Combine and touching base only three times throughout the season.
Their interest had waned, as far as the 18-year-old could tell.
So it was a surprise, a pleasant one, when Hawthorn read Day's name out on Wednesday night.
"I really only spoke to them at the start of the year, then they sort of cut the dialogue for a few months," Day said at his new Waverley Park home on Monday.

DGB:
You were predicted to be picked up early in the draft. Did you have any idea where you were going to go?

No I didn’t. I had spoken to Sydney quite a bit, and Gold Coast had said to me if I got to them they wouldn’t let me slide by. I was surprised initially when Hawthorn picked me up. I had spoken to them a couple of times but didn’t actually think they were all that interested in me.
SOUTH Australian Will Day knew last week's draft landscape well, and which club he wanted to pick him.
Hawthorn – where Day's grandfather Robert played in the 1971 flag – had pick 13, Port Adelaide followed closely behind with a pair of selections in the teens, and Gold Coast was keen, too.
However, the Hawks were up to their usual tricks in the lead-up, deliberately ignoring Day at the NAB AFL Draft Combine and touching base only three times throughout the season.
Their interest had waned, as far as the 18-year-old could tell.
So it was a surprise, a pleasant one, when Hawthorn read Day's name out on Wednesday night.
"I really only spoke to them at the start of the year, then they sort of cut the dialogue for a few months," Day said at his new Waverley Park home on Monday.

If Mark McKenzie had entrance music - it would be this:

1637197907063.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back