No Oppo Supporters 2021 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the AFL fold the Suns already please

Probably should have happened after their 6th game

The most unbelievable thing I have seen in AFL footy.

rQjWZOd.jpg

Probably should have happened after their 6th game

The most unbelievable thing I have seen in AFL footy.

rQjWZOd.jpg
I have seen video game scorelines look less pathetic than that

Roy Masters in SMH
Schools of thought: How pathways are leading footy codes in different directions
In 2019, according to a report in The Age, the Victorian government schools system accounted for 55 per cent of Year 12 enrolments but produced only 30 per cent of AFL players. Catholic schools had 24 per cent of final school year enrolments and 31 per cent of AFL players, while the wealthy independent schools comprised 21 per cent of enrolments but 39 per cent of AFL players.

Roy Masters in SMH
Schools of thought: How pathways are leading footy codes in different directions

Is that really at all surprising? Rich schools can afford to give scholarships to talented kids as soon as they are identified

Am I missing something over this Greenwood thing?
Greenwood will be 30 in March coming off a knee injury. He has one year left & North gave him 2 with a trigger.
Crows didn't value him as a younger player.

I don't see anything wrong with what the GC have done. In fact to get him there they probably had him on 400-450K.
That's off their books now while they need to sign some genuine stars going forward.
Smart move IMO.

Is that really at all surprising? Rich schools can afford to give scholarships to talented kids as soon as they are identified
Having coached Jack Higgins and knew him well , not at times the sharpest , but was taken to Caulfield Grammar on a scholarship . It's a joke and the AFL don't care . Coaches i know like Clarko and Dimma hate it and the whole TAC Cup pathway .

Having coached Jack Higgins and knew him well , not at times the sharpest , but was taken to Caulfield Grammar on a scholarship . It's a joke and the AFL don't care . Coaches i know like Clarko and Dimma hate it and the whole TAC Cup pathway .
So many examples of this...agree with the sentiments here and been involved in the system over the last 4 seasons seeing it first hand.

Not really the AFL's issue. What are they supposed to do? Ban scholarships?
Recruiters not casting the net wider into suburban and country juniors. Interesting to see the numbers by club.
Why I support academies.

Recruiters not casting the net wider into suburban and country juniors. Interesting to see the numbers by club.
Why I support academies.
Just hate what the AFL have done to the VFL and the bias against boys from local clubs at under 18 level . They are treated like s**t

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why I support academies.
AFL run the NAB League and pathways in Vic, they are very much in control of a lot of what happens and how they disperse funding etc. This is very much an AFL issue. Make no mistake the AFL is big with the push in this direction.

And so it begins....I feel like I should start a book on how long it will take Eddie to be appointed to the AFL Commission

Collingwood’s potential next president has called for predecessor Eddie McGuire to be considered for a spot on the AFL Commission.

The Pies are charging towards an election next month with four board positions up for grabs - the results of which will be made public at the club’s annual general meeting on December 16.

Browne, widely expected to be voted in as president, told the Herald Sun he would aim to give greater voice to the Pies, which would include lobbying for “experienced football people” to fill two current vacancies on the AFL Commission.

And so it begins....I feel like I should start a book on how long it will take Eddie to be appointed to the AFL Commission

Collingwood’s potential next president has called for predecessor Eddie McGuire to be considered for a spot on the AFL Commission.

The Pies are charging towards an election next month with four board positions up for grabs - the results of which will be made public at the club’s annual general meeting on December 16.

Browne, widely expected to be voted in as president, told the Herald Sun he would aim to give greater voice to the Pies, which would include lobbying for “experienced football people” to fill two current vacancies on the AFL Commission.
Imagine the ego , will be bigger than his chins !

Eddie on the commission will be the death of the AFL and will make the comp more Vic centric than ever.

Sadly that means he will have a lot of supporters and is every chance of getting in

Am I missing something over this Greenwood thing?
Greenwood will be 30 in March coming off a knee injury. He has one year left & North gave him 2 with a trigger.
Crows didn't value him as a younger player.

I don't see anything wrong with what the GC have done. In fact to get him there they probably had him on 400-450K.
That's off their books now while they need to sign some genuine stars going forward.
Smart move IMO.

Carlton are thinking ...

*so you can just delist your overpaid players and some stupid club will take them off your hands?!*

No point even saying wind them up , IT WILL NOT HAPPEN !
Also i hope they are better than GWS

I think GWS is going to be a much bigger long term problem in terms of player retention.

It is being covered up at the moment by GWS' extra concessions and their much smarter initial list build. But that is eventually going to cycle through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back