Preview 2021 Goodbye (To 2022) New; Preseason Discussion

It was this year's prelim that really pissed me off. We looked like everything had finally clicked against Geelong in the first final - the defensive pressure required, skills, etc. And then we showed none of that against the Dogs, and just capitulated. What made it worse was that we had every possible advantage we could have asked for going in to that game.

It’ll be different next time, they promise

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Simply dont have the cattle in the coaching box. In hindsight its been clear since Walsh, Burgo and Richo left.

You can be the best side on paper player to player but if you dont have the gameplan to bring it together you will never beat the best when it matters.

Oct 4, 2003
Portress
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
If ever I thought hammer's time was up, it was that game. Brilliant positioning all game but very panicked ball use
Go back and watch Hammers game against Collingwood at the G this year. His career ended that day. Couldnt keep his feat - was a bad performance as i have ever seen. Was also on the bench the last 10 mins.

Jul 17, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Go back and watch Hammers game against Collingwood at the G this year. His career ended that day. Couldnt keep his feat - was a bad performance as i have ever seen. Was also on the bench the last 10 mins.
Shades of westhoff rolling back into defence against st kilda in 2020 and laced out a few st kilda players, on their own, in their forwardline.
Screenshot_20211118-112042_AFL.jpg

And then people had the gall to squeal for the rest of the season to bring him back in.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Certainly. So who do we think is gonna sh*t the bed this year a la Hammer & Westy to know its their end of times?
Jonas. Although he already was clearly down in 2021, 2022 will be the year it's clear to everyone his 'good' can can no longer make up for him being an undersized, not that quick 'KPD'.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Jonas is absolutely cooked
If your start contemplating that you might be nearing the end of your career, you're already at the 'Now, this technology is new to me, but I'm pretty sure that's Homer Simpson in the oven, rotating slowly. His body temperature has risen to over 400 degrees - he's literally stewing in his own juices.' Stage of being cooked.

And he was pretty much saying he was near the end in 2020.

Sinn has some genuine wheels, he ran an 11.3sec 100m in high school athletics.

He has serious running power and genuine technique.

Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Shades of westhoff rolling back into defence against st kilda in 2020 and laced out a few st kilda players, on their own, in their forwardline.
View attachment 1282585

And then people had the gall to squeal for the rest of the season to bring him back in.

In the Robbie Gray game against Carlton the week before, Westhoff had 0 disposals at half time.

He only played that game against St Kilda because McKenzie was a late withdrawal.

Back