Player Watch #1: Hugh Greenwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not sure what Chad Warner’s year prior to getting drafted was like, but it would have to have been better than Will’s.

LAST 10 MATCHES
ROUNDGRADEOPPOSITIONKHDMTHOFFFAGB
Round 19, 2019ColtsPerth1113241500520
Round 18, 2019ColtsEast Perth1317306605113
Round 17, 2019ColtsWest Perth1814325702122
Round 15, 2019ColtsPeel Thunder1115262801101
Round 14, 2019ColtsSwan Districts13183101300210
Round 5, 2019ColtsWest Perth1613296204310
Round 3, 2019ColtsPeel Thunder6192531000100
Round 2, 2019ColtsSubiaco617230901100
Round 1, 2019ColtsClaremont1410243700010
Round 14, 2018ColtsWest Perth77142702000

LAST 10 MATCHES
ROUNDGRADEOPPOSITIONKHDMTHOFFFAGB
Round 19, 2019ColtsPerth1113241500520
Round 18, 2019ColtsEast Perth1317306605113
Round 17, 2019ColtsWest Perth1814325702122
Round 15, 2019ColtsPeel Thunder1115262801101
Round 14, 2019ColtsSwan Districts13183101300210
Round 5, 2019ColtsWest Perth1613296204310
Round 3, 2019ColtsPeel Thunder6192531000100
Round 2, 2019ColtsSubiaco617230901100
Round 1, 2019ColtsClaremont1410243700010
Round 14, 2018ColtsWest Perth77142702000

Thanks. I also note he played for WA in the national champs. So basically a full year of footy vs Will who didn’t play a game. And as we know Will out performed him in their respective first year in every way possible, and convincingly, yet he is definitively not as good.

Strange 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
It read weird cos you are right all players return by dec 6

but somehow that player mentioned is coming back after Xmas

I guess we will know on dec 6 when the whole squad is back to see who the missing player/s are
Is Cunners still receiving treatment for his cancer?

Did he have treatment that affected his immune system?

Thanks. I also note he played for WA in the national champs. So basically a full year of footy vs Will who didn’t play a game. And as we know Will out performed him in their respective first year in every way possible, and convincingly, yet he is definitively not as good.

Strange 🤷‍♀️

The weeks not listed were when Warner played PSA.

Mongrel Punt article about Greenwood signing written by a North supporter from a North perspective

This part about Cunners is almost the best part of the article😂😂

In both cases, the world’s pre-eminent hard-nosed midfielder/fisherman Ben Cunnington was on hand to remonstrate, but despite being so hard he runs a dairy farm full of velociraptors, regrew his hair through sheer force of will, and defeated testicular cancer by simply staring at his glorious scrotum in the reflection of the pacific ocean, he can’t be everywhere at once.

why, he is always good for a laugh, dont wanna giggle , dont click the link,

just have the luxury of him not flooding these threads.
Or could just sign up to twitter and follow him there and continue to talk about hugh greenwood here

It would appear that Hugh is a “Captain’s Call” by Noble. It’s clear that he really rates him on a number of levels. I think the greatest source of satisfaction among our supporter base is the fact that our list managers appear to very much on the ball and primed to strike. Given our recent/longish history to the contrary, this should not be overlooked/sniffed at. Anyway, come R1, if/when Cunnington, Jed and Polec are out injured… There is that aspect too.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don't know about a Captains call but 100% driven and enabled by him.

We need to remember that the strategy is to draft youth but also maintain our age profile so protect the kids. We have lost Tarrant, Dumont and Ats so a highly skilled senior is a great get to ensure we have balance across all needs.

This has been a bit of a "pinch yourself" year for recruitment. Certainly was with Edwards, certainly was in that final JHF played. CCJ is a good get but Greenwood out of nowhere is the third pinch. Probably the only other one for me is if JVR sneaks through to 20, I started this season hoping we would be in a good enough position to take him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This has been a bit of a "pinch yourself" year for recruitment. Certainly was with Edwards, certainly was in that final JHF played. CCJ is a good get but Greenwood out of nowhere is the third pinch. Probably the only other one for me is if JVR sneaks through to 20, I started this season hoping we would be in a good enough position to take him.

And if we can stay away from reaching on a W.Walker/Neilsen/Williams/Watson with pick 20 & address the back 6 in some capacity, it will have been an excellent offseason.

I don't get why you don't rate Will. He's everything you used to like in a footballer: hard, fast, skillful.

Now it seems you just want the skillful part in a team full of front-runners but with no hard and defensive edge. You don't win flags without guys who can go the other way both on the inside and outside, ie Viney and Brayshaw respectively for the most recent premiers. And right now that's a major deficiency in most of our young mids, particularly LDU, who we genuinely have to carry defensively atm.

I’ll respond to this.

I love Will (I just rate Chad Warner, did that ever cross your mind?), part of what I think is a wait and see with this, is will Wills midfield minutes decrease as a result of this?

Yes.

Does Will play any other position particularly well?

No.

So with the greatest will in the world -from my suite in a 400 year old ******* glorious hotel in frankly, the greatest country on Earth - remind me again how this is a good thing for us, Will and the very basis of selecting him.

All this is moot if Cunnington retires in which case it’s a genius and highly welcomed move.

That was my original take, outside of my standard ageist s**t where I bang on about age demographics (probably because it’s the only time I’ve/we’ve experienced any success).

I’m not anti-Will, I’m just not as pro-Will as some, who have been locked in a cage for 18 months and it’s showing.

It’s more like a pigeon among cats. He’s getting eaten alive.

I stand by my assessment of the Trade, Mav, as being completely unnecessary.

This is such a misguided idea.

You don't just draft young talent and pump gifted games into them. That's how you become a Carlton...

Most important is who those young talented players are learning from, and bringing in a top player in the comp to play with them and protect them to an extent is invaluable. Every training session, they are learning what it takes to get the most out of themselves, and needing to earn their spots in the team.

I see you deleted Melbourne from your ‘shouldn’t tank’ shtick this off-season.

And after you were so wrong about Melbourne, I’d almost guarantee Carlton finish top 6 next year based on you sir, continuing your fine existence as a reverse market indicator.

Teams need experience? No s**t….

What the * are Goldstein, Ziebell, Walker, Hall, Cunnington, McDonald, Corr, Simpkin?

8/22 are there providing leadership.

9. Turner (who will play you’d suggest)

So that’s 9.

10. Greenwood

So we have 12.5 spots for kids/developing players(Zurhaar/Larkey/McKay/ThomasJHF) in the team when everyone is fit.

Now para mi, I want all the kids playing together, living together, ******* together and building a bond and love for one another that grows into a dynasty. That is my wish, the questions remains though, is this a net positive for us - the answer to that is we’ll see. I know I’m one out, but basic maths dictates 30 into 22 doesn’t go. And there are only 3 starting midfield spots and Will must be one of those 3 or he is frankly underwhelming (not his fault, he’s a midfielder playing out of position)

But he is a dilf☹️

My wife will cut out your heart and feed it to the Venezuelans in the street if you even look at me, Ligma.

I have a bolt on my door.

Attachments

• AA3B310F-2683-4E97-AF9A-7F2351CE9E7E.jpeg
    AA3B310F-2683-4E97-AF9A-7F2351CE9E7E.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 119
My wife will cut out your heart and feed it to the Venezuelans in the street if you even look at me, Ligma.

If you insist😜

I’ll respond to this.

I love Will (I just rate Chad Warner, did that ever cross your mind?), part of what I think is a wait and see with this, is will Wills midfield minutes decrease as a result of this?

Yes.

Does Will play any other position particularly well?

No.

So with the greatest will in the world -from my suite in a 400 year old ******* glorious hotel in frankly, the greatest country on Earth - remind me again how this is a good thing for us, Will and the very basis of selecting him.

All this is moot if Cunnington retires in which case it’s a genius and highly welcomed move.

That was my original take, outside of my standard ageist sh*t where I bang on about age demographics (probably because it’s the only time I’ve/we’ve experienced any success).

I’m not anti-Will, I’m just not as pro-Will as some, who have been locked in a cage for 18 months and it’s showing.

I stand by my assessment of the Trade, Mav, as being completely unnecessary.

I see you deleted Melbourne from your ‘shouldn’t tank’ shtick this off-season.

And after you were so wrong about Melbourne, I’d almost guarantee Carlton finish top 6 next year based on you sir, continuing your fine existence as a reverse market indicator.

Teams need experience? No sh*t….

What the fu** are Goldstein, Ziebell, Walker, Hall, Cunnington, McDonald, Corr, Simpkin?

8/22 are there providing leadership.

9. Turner (who will play you’d suggest)

So that’s 9.

10. Greenwood

So we have 12.5 spots for kids/developing players(Zurhaar/Larkey/McKay/ThomasJHF) in the team when everyone is fit.

Now para mi, I want all the kids playing together, living together, ******* together and building a bond and love for one another that grows into a dynasty. That is my wish, the questions remains though, is this a net positive for us - the answer to that is we’ll see. I know I’m one out, but basic maths dictates 30 into 22 doesn’t go. And there are only 3 starting midfield spots and Will must be one of those 3 or he is frankly underwhelming (not his fault, he’s a midfielder playing out of position)

I can understand your hesitancy on will, but he has played less than a full season in 2 years, and development doesnt need to occur in the seniors. Calm down pal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back