News New Sponsor - Hungry Jack's

No, a Karen is someone who is entitled and demanding and ready to throw 'little people' under a bus to get what they think they deserve. It's not just about overreacting.
There is also a Kevin as well for the males. :$

Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
Overly upset? Because I pointed out something I find distasteful in a perfectly calm manner. :think:

Karen doesn't just mean anybody who says something you disagree with.
I think of a Karen as someone who makes a problem where there isn't one - who has a strong and vocal position about something that really doesn't influence them directly at all. There's a bit of a first-world-problem nature to it too.

Like someone who complains about a sponsor of football club being an unhealthy food choice.

I'm not sure why you have taken it being pointed at you - I was talking about the original post by feenix where he said "I don't want to be a karen about this".

Reminded me of the Talladega Nights quote - "with all due respect".

No biggy.

Yep you are correct . Everard Pk was first in Adelaide
History with Grotto.

The first South Australian store was at Everard Park, on Anzac Highway, which opened late in 1972.

HJ’s first Australian store was at Innaloo, in Perth (opening on April 18, 1971)

HUNGRY Jack’s now has more than 390 stores, nationwide

Cracks me up how fast food companies are still trying to divert attention away from their unhealthy food by sponsoring sport.
Both fast food & betting sponsorship attached to the AFL is unhealthy.

Obesity is a huge problem in Australia & more measures should be taken to reduce unhealthy eating. No different to steps taken for smoking.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Is that Jack Hombsch in the ad?

Obesity is a huge problem in Australia & more measures should be taken to reduce unhealthy eating. No different to steps taken for smoking.
If you ever want to see panic near the Lyell Mc, drive past the McDonalds or Hungry Jacks nearby around 6pm, the drive thru is a sight to be seen.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
I think of a Karen as someone who makes a problem where there isn't one - who has a strong and vocal position about something that really doesn't influence them directly at all. There's a bit of a first-world-problem nature to it too.

Like someone who complains about a sponsor of football club being an unhealthy food choice.

I'm not sure why you have taken it being pointed at you - I was talking about the original post by feenix where he said "I don't want to be a karen about this".

Reminded me of the Talladega Nights quote - "with all due respect".

No biggy.
You don't actually know what Karen means.

If you ever want to see panic near the Lyell Mc, drive past the McDonalds or Hungry Jacks nearby around 6pm, the drive thru is a sight to be seen.
Lol, I don't even know where the nearest ones are. Some great Vietnamese though.

Still recall my 1st day as CFO at LMH, walking into the Women's Health entrance, as this young very pregnant woman walked out with a crop top showing her belly, short skirt, above knee high bright pink & green socks & ugg boots... & was thinking WTF have i got myself into lol.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt

fDbQfI7.gif

Lol, I don't even know where the nearest ones are. Some great Vietnamese though.

Still recall my 1st day as CFO at LMH, walking into the Women's Health entrance, as this young very pregnant woman walked out with a crop top showing her belly, short skirt, above knee high bright pink & green socks & ugg boots... & was thinking WTF have i got myself into lol.

That fish and chips shop across the road, made a mint from patients and visitors. Not sure if its still there?

Those Maccas and HJ are about 2km either side in Elizabeth and Salisbury.

EDIT

I forgot to mention do those young ladies with the crop tops that are pregnant still smoke?

That fish and chips shop across the road, made a mint from patients and visitors. Not sure if its still there?

Those Maccas and HJ are about 2km either side in Elizabeth and Salisbury.

EDIT

I forgot to mention do those young ladies with the crop tops that are pregnant still smoke?
Good question about the fish & chips place as there is a whole new development going up... so can't see it from the main road.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt

I don't know about an outright ban on advertising fast food but it would be nice if they weren't allowed to use sport as their camouflage.

Gambling I'd be fine with an outright ban on ads. I can't believe the country has allowed it to get as bad as it is right now.

Good question about the fish & chips place as there is a whole new development going up... so can't see it from the main road.
IIRC you mentioned you have worked there for a long while.

So I assume then you know how that area has changed dramatically over the last 20 years.

The Emergency Ward got so dangerous from about the 2000s onwards.

I don't know about an outright ban on advertising fast food but it would be nice if they weren't allowed to use sport as their camouflage.

Gambling I'd be fine with an outright ban on ads. I can't believe the country has allowed it to get as bad as it is right now.
As someone that bets and bets heavily and consistently, I actually dislike the gambling ads and the exposure it gets.

For starters the odds are almost always wrong too, ie. stale odds.

IIRC you mentioned you have worked there for a long while.

So I assume then you know how that area has changed dramatically over the last 20 years.

The Emergency Ward got so dangerous from about the 2000s onwards.
Yeah, new private & public developments.

New ED should be ready early-mid next year.

All metro ED's now have permanent security guards. The money spent on health security now compared to a decade ago is crazy!

Yeah, new private & public developments.

New ED should be ready early-mid next year.

All metro ED's now have permanent security guards. The money spent on health security now compared to a decade ago is crazy!
It literally is like the Wild Wild West in that Emergency area.

Its not just outside either, Code Blacks are called a lot of times for patients that are violent, hostile, high on drugs etc etc.

There is always cops around too.

It literally is like the Wild Wild West in that Emergency area.

Its not just outside either, Code Blacks are called a lot of times for patients that are violent, hostile, high on drugs etc etc.

There is always cops around too.
I have begun costing code blacks for the 1st time. Don't believe any other LHN does. Costs well over $1M pa with 6 staff attending each call. Just as much as Code Blues.

Costed Covid cases today, as gather SAH wanting to project cost of opening up on the health system.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Cracks me up how fast food companies are still trying to divert attention away from their unhealthy food by sponsoring sport.

Surely they are just investing their marketing $ where they reckon they'll get the best return. If there's a principle to be had, it's those that accept the $ that need to take the higher ground.

Back